Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should Gaborik be traded?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 83.33%
  • No

5 16.67%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Staal took a major step down from his rookie year last season.

vCash
    ive gone back and forth on this gaborik thing, but here is where i stand from now on, we trade him, our record without him shows we dont need him, he doesnt want to play for us, hes always injured and we can upgrade our lines.

vCash
    we might not need him but it would be great if we could keep him

2 Time Sim League Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    ive gone back and forth on this gaborik thing, but here is where i stand from now on, we trade him, our record without him shows we dont need him, he doesnt want to play for us, hes always injured and we can upgrade our lines.
    Our Penalty Kill is at 100% and we are the first team since 1962 to not allow a PP goal in their first 7 games. The laws of averages suggests this number will come down, and when it does, we will miss the offense Gaborik produces.
    Last edited by Rumeye; 10-30-2008 at 06:52 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bidi_nash View Post
    we might not need him but it would be great if we could keep him
    What would be great is if he would actually play a whole year. Or if we could get a couple good players for him that would contribute the whole year.

THE FELLOW SOUTH DAKOTA BOYS

props to rdwilliamson for the sig

vCash
    That's wishful thinking in my opinion. Gaborik has proven he can't play an entire season without injury, and if we traded him, it'd be to a team trying to win now. A team trying to win now would not want to dismantle to that point, so it would most likely be one good player, draft picks, and/or prospects we would receive in return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumeye View Post
    That's wishful thinking in my opinion. Gaborik has proven he can't play an entire season without injury, and if we traded him, it'd be to a team trying to win now. A team trying to win now would not want to dismantle to that point, so it would most likely be one good player, draft picks, and/or prospects we would receive in return.
    At this point getting one good player, draft picks and/or prospects would be a great deal for Gaborik. He's is a dynamic player if healthy, however that is a big if! Moreover, he's streaky and does not wnat to be here. All will drive down his trade value. Look for a MN trade like KG or Santana that may not pay off until a couple of years down the road.

vCash
    we shouldnt trade gaborik right now because we cant get what we could get if he was healthy

vCash
    we shouldnt trade gaborik right now because we cant get what we could get if he was healthy
    I'm not so sure he is injured. They haven't even specified what's wrong with him.

vCash
    I'm not so sure he is injured. They haven't even specified what's wrong with him.
    that's besides the point if gaborik is playing we get more for him end of story

vCash
    that's besides the point if gaborik is playing we get more for him end of story
    Maybe the Wild know Gaborik will not resign, so he's being held out to avoid injury, and teams who contact the wild to inquire about his services are enlightened on the situation.

vCash
    theres a new rule this year that states teams do not have to release any information on a players injury. so minnesota doesnt have to say anything about his injury. he's definately not being held out of games for no reason, if so his agent would be all over the place saying his client is healthy and wants to play or be traded right now. rumors here in boston is that we're interested in him. i'm personally not because he's injured and dont want him to turn out to be another manny fernandez not playing and costing us money. both coming from minnesota.

vCash
    I doubt the Black Hawks would want to do this, but what about a deal centered around former UND center Jonathan Toews. The kid should've won the rookie of the year IMO, but his teammate did. Kane was the goal scorer, so he was the sexy pick, but ask anyone in the know about hockey, and they'll all tell you Toews plays the game the right way and does all those "little things" to get the win. I say if we need a young center, there is none better to try to go after than Toews, but I don't think Chicago would do that deal. It'd be like us trading Koivu for Gabby, and out of those two, I'd take Mikko... just as they'd probably keep Toews.

However, how awesome was that McDonagh call I made huh?

vCash
    Maybe the Wild know Gaborik will not resign, so he's being held out to avoid injury, and teams who contact the wild to inquire about his services are enlightened on the situation.
    i doubt that happens

vCash
    I doubt it as well, but I wouldn't count it out completely.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast