Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should Gaborik be traded?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 83.33%
  • No

5 16.67%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    haha, that'd be really cool to get saku in a deal, but I have a feeling it will be LEGIT prospects, and picks, maybe one avg. player like someone said earlier. I'm sure we'll get someone like Cretin Derham Hall's own D Ryan McDonagh, first round pick, 19 years old. If not him then maybe Ryan O'Byrne who's already on their NHL squad, big guy, 6'6". As far as offensive guys go, I really have no idea. A shot in the dark I'd say maybe Maxim Lapierre, Ben Maxwell, or Max Pacioretty?

vCash
    or maybe someone Bobby Ryan from Anaheim he was picked 2nd overall behind Crosby

2 Time Sim League Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bidi_nash View Post
    or maybe someone Bobby Ryan from Anaheim he was picked 2nd overall behind Crosby
    We already have plenty of wings. I want to see us go after a center.

vCash
    so does anyone have any ideas

vCash
    Well obviously yes he should be if they can not work out a deal.
    SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!

vCash
    I was watching sportscenter this morning and saw that they were looking to trade him and had offers from the Canadiens and Kings

vCash
    Yesterday in the Star Tribune it said they already offered Gaborik to a team be the team said No Thanks. I'll get a link.

According to an NHL team executive, Wild General Manager Doug Risebrough has been actively shopping Gaborik around the league and over the weekend offered Gaborik to his team in a trade.

The executive said he was not interested.

Gaborik, 26, who can become an unrestricted free agent next summer, has rejected multiple contract extension offers from the Wild, and the team has come to the realization that it's doubtful it will be able to sign him, sources say.

Negotiations have stalled, and the two sides haven't spoken in two weeks -- something Risebrough and agent Ron Salcer confirmed over the weekend.

Gaborik, who has a history of abdominal and leg injuries, has missed the past two games because of a "lower body injury." Because there's always a risk of injury with Gaborik, the latest leg problem has convinced the Wild it's important to investigate trading him sooner than later, sources say.

It's believed Risebrough has had trade talks with Montreal Canadiens GM Bob Gainey and Los Angeles Kings GM Dean Lombardi. Risebrough will attend Thursday's GM meetings in Chicago, so talks could heat up with a number of teams.

The Canadiens, in their 100th season and a true Stanley Cup contender, might be the team that makes the most sense. The Canadiens have salary cap flexibility in future years and young talent.

It's believed the Wild is interested in Canadiens defenseman prospect Ryan McDonagh, a former Cretin-Derham Hall star and Minnesota Mr. Hockey who was Montreal's No. 12 pick in 2007 and plays now at the University of Wisconsin. The Wild would also want an established player.
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/31446364.html
    Last edited by badkins1121; 10-22-2008 at 01:30 PM.

vCash
    i jsut hope we get good value. hes missed about a full seasons worth of games in the last four. he is our most talented player by far and i really like his play, but it wont be so bad if we get something nice in return.

i know it was all stupid rumor, but can u imagine if we got evgeny malkin for him straight up???? DAMMMMMN, that woulda been sweet.
    the packers have so much talent...

vCash
    I hope we resign him. This team will ge very good with everyone in tow. Just give him what he wants.

vCash
    He's the type of player we need

vCash
    Has anyone heard anything more about the Rangers. This off season there was a lot of talk about him going there. Maybe Nick Zherdev and Marc Staal?

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised. The Wild wont trade him in the West unless they get blown out of the water.

vCash
    What about a package from the pens, centering around jordan staal. He is a young defensive minded center. How about Staal, a first round pick, and another nhl caliber player?

vCash
    now he's on the IR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmiller26 View Post
    What about a package from the pens, centering around jordan staal. He is a young defensive minded center. How about Staal, a first round pick, and another nhl caliber player?
    Staal is a nice player but if we were to do that the third player would have to be someone who could score which would probably be too much with a first. Don't get me wrong in anyother situation i like staal but we have to replace scoring and as you said staal is defensive minded.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast