Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Tyler Hansbrough qualifying offer rescinded, officially a free agent

While I am going to miss his hustle, I will not miss his lack of talent.

Without further ado....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS1cLOIxsQ8

#iubb

vCash
    I'm still looking for that jumper from the elbow that he was knocking down with ease 2 seasons ago, and then he promptly forgot all about this year. I really thought adding range on the offensive end to his hustle was going to turn him from a hustle/energy role player to bench leader....sadly it looks like he didn't agree.

vCash
    Like I said in the NBA forum, I think it'd be funny if somebody who hates him (which seems to be just about everybody) gets him on their team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PacersForLife View Post
    Like I said in the NBA forum, I think it'd be funny if somebody who hates him (which seems to be just about everybody) gets him on their team.

I haven't heard one word about him signing with anyone or even being discussed with anyone. He had a motor and energy level that every team in the league loves out of a player. But, I doubt many will pay much for it and that's what he's looking for. He's a bench player, not a starter and nobody is going to give him that chance. He's a banger plain and simple and that only gets you so far. With the way things are looking as of today, I doubt we get Copeland - I'm thinking Tyler comes back with the Pacers. He should have taken the 4 mil while he had the chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leepdog View Post
    I haven't heard one word about him signing with anyone or even being discussed with anyone. He had a motor and energy level that every team in the league loves out of a player. But, I doubt many will pay much for it and that's what he's looking for. He's a bench player, not a starter and nobody is going to give him that chance. He's a banger plain and simple and that only gets you so far. With the way things are looking as of today, I doubt we get Copeland - I'm thinking Tyler comes back with the Pacers. He should have taken the 4 mil while he had the chance.
    We are reportedly finalizing a 2 year deal with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leepdog View Post
    Well we did get Copeland and I think it was pretty clear when he requested the Pacers to rescind the qualifying offer that he wasn't going to be back with the Pacers.

vCash
    I'm thinking that Tyler's only moves right now is to go to a bad team to start, or a team thin and push a questionable starter, or possibly sign a 1 year deal (or 2 with a player option) with a team that just has to spend...maybe Charlotte or Utah to push Favors. Possibly Dallas or Golden State on a 1 year deal (as a certain backup) since they just have to spend money after being eliminated from the D12 hunt.

Honestly if he is looking for starters minutes there aren't a lot of options...and if he is looking for money I don't see many options either. If he is looking for both I think he will be extremely disappointed.

vCash
    Hansbrough just signed a 2 year deal with Toronto....curious to see what the $ is on that one.

vCash
    max contract.

#iubb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    max contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    Hansbrough just signed a 2 year deal with Toronto....curious to see what the $ is on that one.
    they are saying 3 mil per and the 2nd year might be a team option.

Lots of guys in the raptors forum like the money part of the deal but still do not like the player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    they are saying 3 mil per and the 2nd year might be a team option.

Lots of guys in the raptors forum like the money part of the deal but still do not like the player.
    The big question about Tyler is how many minutes do you expect him to get? He always seemed to play better with more minutes...which was always strange to me because his style seems more geared to the quick impact minutes where he can go all out in short spurts without worrying about getting worn out.

Those games where he got few minutes he just seemed like he tried to do too much and ended up shooting a lot of pretty bad shots and forcing things....when he knew he was getting some heavy minutes (when West was out) it seemed like he calmed down and just let it come to him.

Also Raptor fans should hope he can remember his jumper from the elbow...he just completely abandoned it this year after showing he could knock it down the year before...it seemed like he could have turned that into a pretty good weapon.