Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibbert

vCash

Hibbert

i really hope he pulls his head out of his *** soon. his production has been unacceptable and they need better down the stretch.

Looking forward to seeing if bynum can provide some post scoring. Hibbert is to weak on post

vCash
    I wouldn't necessarily say he's weak...his one-handed hook shot, his primary go-to scoring move, is just so inconsistent. It is frustrating but thankfully he's an elite defender in the post to kind of make up for it.

If he was, for instance, a DeAndre Jordan type player who gets 75% of his scoring from dunks and has a high FG%, then we probably wouldn't be having this discussion.

#iubb

vCash
    Hibbert is never going to be a 20+ player. He is there when we need him and personally I'm happy that he isn't a guy that starts throwing tantrums when he doesn't get 15 shots. He is going to have some nights where he just gets pulled out of the paint by his man by design on D and doubled on the offensive side....he will also have other nights where he isn't effective..and then some where he doesn't need to be.

When the other starters are putting up 50-60+ combined shots Roy is not going to score much...when the pace is being pushed Roy is not going to be able to get his position in time for the flow to get to him. Roy is a center that has an ever developing offensive game and can occasionally take over a game on offense, however we have scoring all around him and our success isn't directly tied to him scoring. It is however directly tied to him protecting the paint and being on the floor. If Roy gets in foul trouble we have a tough time winning...which tells me his production is just fine for this current team regardless what his numbers say.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 02-24-2014 at 02:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    Hibbert is never going to be a 20+ player. He is there when we need him and personally I'm happy that he isn't a guy that starts throwing tantrums when he doesn't get 15 shots. He is going to have some nights where he just gets pulled out of the paint by his man by design on D and doubled on the offensive side....he will also have other nights where he isn't effective..and then some where he doesn't need to be.

When the other starters are putting up 50-60+ combined shots Roy is not going to score much...when the pace is being pushed Roy is not going to be able to get his position in time for the flow to get to him. Roy is a center that has an ever developing offensive game and can occasionally take over a game on offense, however we have scoring all around him and our success isn't directly tied to him scoring. It is however directly tied to him protecting the paint and being on the floor. If Roy gets in foul trouble we have a tough time winning...which tells me his production is just fine for this current team regardless what his numbers say.

He is a MAX player, no way in any shape or form is his production up to par. At least dominate the glass. The scoring isn't that important but come on. for his contract he needs to provide more. How can Stephenson not get the MAX if hibbert got it?? I like roy but he needs to start playing with more intensity. He should be dominant against these bad teams. He does not play an all star level at any phase of the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by buck4493 View Post
    He is a MAX player, no way in any shape or form is his production up to par. At least dominate the glass. The scoring isn't that important but come on. for his contract he needs to provide more. How can Stephenson not get the MAX if hibbert got it?? I like roy but he needs to start playing with more intensity. He should be dominant against these bad teams. He does not play an all star level at any phase of the game.
    That's funny....

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...ve-player-year

This is an ESPN vote from Jan 22nd by the way that has Roy leading none other than PG by about 4 times the votes for DPOY....again ESPN voted this, a network that usually isn't talking about the Pacers.

We are talking about a legit center and 7 footer who is the leader in the DPOY race and making roughly the amount Tyson Chandler, Okafor, and Bogut are. You want him to get boards, then he is going to have to stop helping on D to get in position....just like Troy Murphy grabbed a lot of rebounds thanks to Roy's D, our 1-3 positions are among the best at rebounding at their position in part thanks to Roy's shot altering presence and them cleaning up the glass. It isn't the easiest thing to get a rebound while you are in the air with your back towards the basket.

I will give you that if Roy were a 6-10 PF he wouldn't be commanding what he currently is, but in the NBA legit 7'+ centers are rare and hence the price is driven up by demand. For roughly 14 million who are we going to get to play center any better...or anywhere close to his level? Chandler? Nene? Bogut? or maybe a PF acting like a center that hasn't ever been a key player on a winning team, let alone the top defense in the league by far (look at the stats and tell me that isn't true) like Okafor or Al Jeff? I'll take Roy over them all every day of the week.

Lance won't get the max due to the fact that while we all love Lance for his energy and how fun he is to watch, ball handling slashers, with streaky 3 point shooting, and are also turnover prone really aren't that rare in the scheme of things. Granted Lance is a triple double threat and a rare talent as an all around player...but since rebounding doesn't get you from good to great at the 2 he won't be. If he were averaging 20 points instead of 14 then we would probably be talking about him being more on the max side of things for the simple reason that in the NBA the SG position is generally seen as being there to either score or defend scorers...guess which one of those 2 get paid more.

Just like anything else, the price you pay for something isn't always what they are worth, it is based on what someone else will pay to get them from yout....a 7 footer with a DPOY skill set will always garner more open market value than a pretty good SG....also just an observation: of the top 40 contracts in the NBA only 6 are SGs....so while I'm not sure what the max would be for Lance I'm guessing he isn't going to get it.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 02-26-2014 at 04:51 PM.

vCash
    He must of heard u talking about him lol. Got 24pts 12 boards tonight haha. Matts right he cant get boards because hes always cleaning up everyone elses mess. Scoring wise he just doesnt shoot enough and isnt consistent ill admit but his elite level of defense earns him what hes getting paid.

Lucks on our side

vCash
    What is this crap about espn voting for DPOY?? who cares what espn is voting.

2 points and 4 rebounds. No max player ever has that kind of production.

vCash
    UTAHs centers comined for 30 points and 17 rebounds tonight and your gonna tell me Hibbert is DPOY.

vCash
    haha do you only show up on here when hibbert has bad games

you've been doing this for a good year or two now. Kinda getting old...

#iubb

vCash
    seriously though did you watch any of the game tonight?

#iubb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by buck4493 View Post
    UTAHs centers comined for 30 points and 17 rebounds tonight and your gonna tell me Hibbert is DPOY.
    I didn't watch the game...but since you are talking about just stats, the only one you should be looking at when mentioning the opposing center numbers are Roy's 19 minutes and 5 fouls.

That means he got into foul trouble and really wasn't on the floor for quite a bit of that combined 30 and 17.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 03-03-2014 at 10:45 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    haha do you only show up on here when hibbert has bad games

you've been doing this for a good year or two now. Kinda getting old...
    HA I remember when he wanted to trade Roy for Bynum and PG for Mayo. Could you imagine how terrible we would be right now?

vCash
    he's a clown. only likes talking to himself.

I'm going to assume that he didn't watch the game last night, and I will put some defense in (no pun intended) for Hibbert. I'd say over majority of Kanter/Favors' shots were jump shots. If you take out Alec Burks 5-16 performance, the team shot 50%. They were just hitting their shots and we only hit 41%, which explains why the game was so close throughout.

#iubb

vCash

Hibbert

There isn't a single NBA player who does less with more physically

vCash
    he has just been a force lately. max players perform nightly

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast