Cahill
    LaPorta
    Rasmus
    Snyder
    Gamel
    Moustakas
    Tillman
    Escobar
    I know this may reek of homerism, but no Porcello?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1125 View Post
    I know this may reek of homerism, but no Porcello?
    No, your not being a homer, he is a top 5 prospect IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksilver2491 View Post
    No, your not being a homer, he is a top 5 prospect IMO.
    Agreed 100%, the dude is sooo good.

The Yanks were so close to him :cry:

vCash
    1.price
    2.wieters
    3.laporta
    4.bumgarner
    5.Feliz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joba Rules!! View Post
    Agreed 100%, the dude is sooo good.

The Yanks were so close to him :cry:
    Well in all likelyhood he would have been a Red Sox prospect if they didn't sign Julio Lugo, giving the 20th overall pick in the draft to the Dodgers. I have faced him as a hitter and he has among the nastiest stuff of any pitcher I have ever witnessed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joba Rules!! View Post
    I don't agree with Feliz that high and I'm still laughing at the huge homerism in putting Morrison that high.
    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=489149

Morrison is hitting .448 in the AFL and just hit for the cycle.

Yeah, he's definitely a homer for putting Morrison that high.

Face it; the dude can rake...

Props to Mane for the sig.

Like real hip-hop? Visit the PSD hip-hop blog here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by m26555 View Post

Logan Morrison is not a top ten prospect...c'mon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by m26555 View Post

Yes, he is a homer for ranking Morrison that high. There are at least two first basemen that should be rated higher (Anderson, Smoak) and you could make the argument that Yonder Alonso and Angel Villalona should be higher than Morrison.
    My blog- analysis of the San Francisco Giants, Baseball, and Sabermetrics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C1Bman88 View Post
    Yes, he is a homer for ranking Morrison that high. There are at least two first basemen that should be rated higher (Anderson, Smoak) and you could make the argument that Yonder Alonso and Angel Villalona should be higher than Morrison.
    Villalona has done nothing at all in the minors to preclude the high status he often gets up there. Alonso I want to see for a time but god I love his talent too but needs to show it. Smoak is the same thing. Again Morrison has been a good player at his level FSL mvp, amazing numbers and now AFL the same, before that was solid too. If he was a yankee or boston prospect he would be in the top 10 but will end up top 25 most likely range instead for BA next year.
    "Joe Montana was a product of a system, Dan Marino was a system" -- Bill Walsh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfan79 View Post
    Villalona has done nothing at all in the minors to preclude the high status he often gets up there. Alonso I want to see for a time but god I love his talent too but needs to show it. Smoak is the same thing. Again Morrison has been a good player at his level FSL mvp, amazing numbers and now AFL the same, before that was solid too. If he was a yankee or boston prospect he would be in the top 10 but will end up top 25 most likely range instead for BA next year.
    Villalona was 17 and his OPS was higher than the average OPS in the league. IIRC Villalona was the youngest in the league.

Remember, prospect lists aren't just based on numbers- they're also based on projection. Villalona did well offensively at his age against older competition- and he's arguably got one of the highest offensive ceilings of any Minor Leaguer.

I might even rate Eric Hosmer as a better prospect than Morrison.

vCash
    Villalona was 17 and his OPS was higher than the average OPS in the league. IIRC Villalona was the youngest in the league.

Remember, prospect lists aren't just based on numbers- they're also based on projection. Villalona did well offensively at his age against older competition- and he's arguably got one of the highest offensive ceilings of any Minor Leaguer.

I might even rate Eric Hosmer as a better prospect than Morrison.
    ehh Hosmer is a nice prospect too but again for Villalona he didnt have that pretty of line this year, despite the 17 homeruns.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=505830

263/.312/.435/.747 116ks 16 BB 17 HR (nice number there at least).

Yes he has nice "potential" But right now I wouldnt put him ahead of alot of other low age potential players like Mike Stanton for instance.

293/.381/.611/.993 38 HR

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=519317

I am not saying Stanton should be a top 10 prospect either but at the same time with only less then 1 year difference in age really neither should be up there in the top 10-15 prospects imo. Again I think you will see Morrison at least top 25 next year and if he was in a more major system like a NY Boston team he would be even higher up the charts. he has done very well in the hardest hitters league in minor league baseball (FSL), and has torn up the AFL, had decent numbers in the sally even as well the year before (24 homeruns nice power showing).

The kid is a legit elite prospect in baseball, they are already going to invite him to the major league camp to compete next year, good change he will be half a year at AA then up to the big leagues. Now i favor pitching more and now that I think of the list I would of put up a few more pitchers but I put him in at number 10 (started the full debate here). It was because his monster numbers for the year and stating he will tear up the AFL too.

I am just stating from what I was told by friends at the organization that they are higher on him then they are on any prospect in the organization. The kid is legit dude. Again he should be in the top 20 of BA next year and John Sickels as well.

PS. I should add in there that the minors are stacked with 1st base prospects though right now sorta lowering the value of them all because there is so much talent for the big boopers at the corner. Where there is next to no elite talents at 2B right now.
    Last edited by fishfan79; 11-06-2008 at 06:26 PM.

vCash
    So this warrants the 10th best prospect spot in Baseball?

You're overlooking guys that are more deserving like Cahill and Anderson of Oakland, no Colby Rasmus, no Pedro Alvarez, no Madison Bumgarner- all of which are in far more valuable positions than first base.

I can understand the top 25 argument; but I don't think there's any true justification for placing him above players with considerably higher ceilings.

If Smoak and Alonso haven't shown you enough, then how could Buster Posey, who you put 9th?

vCash
    So this warrants the 10th best prospect spot in Baseball?

You're overlooking guys that are more deserving like Cahill and Anderson of Oakland, no Colby Rasmus, no Pedro Alvarez, no Madison Bumgarner- all of which are in far more valuable positions than first base.

I can understand the top 25 argument; but I don't think there's any true justification for placing him above players with considerably higher ceilings.

If Smoak and Alonso haven't shown you enough, then how could Buster Posey, who you put 9th?
    if you read the FIRST LINE it was OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD
    which means I was speaking quickly without looking at the exact numbers. If you want a full one of my opinion based on what I have seen and all I will be happy to give a full one. I still believe Rasmus isnt as good as some say and I have mentioned Bumgarner often, Cahill I am big on and have been, Tillman Holland and anderson also are two top flight pitchers with great stuff, You could consider chacin or Matusz (is it matuzs or like spelt there bah too late to think about it right now).

Again though if you want a fuller list this is something I would look more like imo after looking at some of the numbers and potentials.

Flip these 11 around anyway you want in any order or group after the first two (depends want an elite catcher or number 1-2 pitcher) and you are set.

Wieters
    Price
    Feliz - I am VERY high on him
    Maybin
    Porcello
    Heyward
    Cahill
    Bumgarner
    Snider
    Porcello
    Laporta

for a top 25 add in:
    Moustakas
    Alderson
    Rasmus
    Holland - texas has scary pitching prospects
    tillman
    Anderson (brett)
    anderson (lars)
    Posey
    Hanson
    morrison
    alverez
    smoak
    stanton
    andrus
    matusz

there is a quick 25 could add in a few others easily mccuthen most likely should be up there, some might argue beckham, or ramirez if keeps as a catcher (doubt he will personally) oh wells I figured morrison comment would at least spout some debate Which glad to see it did.

edit: Bah I forgot Fowler he needs some love up there too somewhere, villalona should be around there too and Montero kid if he sticks at catcher (doubt he does either though).

vCash
    Yay for Jesus

NEVER ARGUE WITH C1B

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast