Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Buy some glove cream, rub it on, stick a softball in the pocket and bake that baby

vCash
    This is no joke. My dad used to run over my gloves with his old Ford F-350 dualie to break in all of our gloves. Do that a couple of times to get a good crease, then use the technique posted above. Worked like a charm.

vCash
    I always just stacked a ton of dictionaries and encyclopedia on top of the glove and left them there for a day or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big E
    you over rate OBP. especially for the White Sox who leave countless in scoring position. RBI is a way more important stat then OBP anyday.

vCash
    put a lot of glove oil on it, put a ball in it and wrap it with a belt

vCash
    Kyles has prostate cancer
    By Tom Haudricourt of the Journal Sentinel
    April 20, 2010 8:42 a.m.

Pittsburgh - The Brewers just announced that bullpen coach Stan Kyles was diagnosed with prostate cancer and will leave the team this weekend to have surgery. He is expected to be gone for 4-6 weeks.

Kyles will be replaced on an interim basis by Fred Dabney, currently the pitching coach for the Brewers' high Class A Brevard County affiliate. Dabney is joining the club in Pittsburgh to ease into the assignment before Kyles leaves this weekend.

Kyles was diagnosed with prostate cancer during the team's mandatory physical examinations at the start of spring training. He and the club kept that diagnosis a secret until today. Kyles will return home to Spartanburg, S.C., for the surgery.

Kyles, 49, is in his second season as the Brewers' bullpen coach. Prior to that, he was the pitching coach for four seasons for the club's Class AAA Nashville affiliate. In the years before that, Kyles served as a pitching coach for Class A High Desert, Class AA Huntsville and Class AAA Indianapolis.

So, Kyles has been in the Brewers' organization in one role or another since 2001. He played for 11 seasons in the minors after being selected by the Chicago Cubs in the fourth round of the 1979 draft.

I'm sure I speak for all Brewers fans and anyone else concerned in wishing Kyles the best.
    Sucks for him. I hope all goes well.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Then-Most View Post
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    Anyone doing anything exciting this summer?

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    does any one actually watch the world cup. it has come on after sports center a few times. I've tried to watch it, and i lose interest within seconds. How does that sport appeal to anyone?

vCash
    I would rather watch dust float around the room than watch soccer.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    I've absolutely loved soccer ever since my friend got me into it early in high school.

However, there are a lot of pluses about the game (no commercials, constant play, scoring is incredibly exciting) and minuses (bigger floppers than Vlade Divac, a lot of whiney players).

That said, it's the only sport I can think of where the chances for a poorly played game/match are better than a well played game/match.

When soccer is good, it's REALLY good, but when it's bad, it borders on unwatchable (cough France cough).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big E
    you over rate OBP. especially for the White Sox who leave countless in scoring position. RBI is a way more important stat then OBP anyday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan729 View Post
    haha, they had a segment on leno about that tonight

vCash
    I've been watching some of the world cup, but other than that I don't really watch soccer. I had to at work some times in high school because all of the cooks and bussers were Mexican and would want to watch the games.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcvaYgWc9eY

Prince Fielder McDonalds commercial from 1992, Some of you may have seen this before, but it's my first time. Prince looks exactly the same hahaha

vCash
    I'm bored

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    I am a twilight fan girl

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by long ball View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcvaYgWc9eY

Prince Fielder McDonalds commercial from 1992, Some of you may have seen this before, but it's my first time. Prince looks exactly the same hahaha
    Sad thing is, McDonald's is probably what turned him vegetarian.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast