Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It's too bad Reds got swept though. It almost seems to me that the Cards get upset that the teams that were cellar dwellers for most of the past 15 seasons are becoming playoff contenders recently and they don't have their perennial whipping boys.

I hate La Russa more than anyone in baseball. Zambrano and Pujols are his closest competition though.

vCash
    What's wrong with pooholes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kgbaseball View Post
    What's wrong with pooholes?
    He stares at his homers more then anybody in the MLB. I may have to agree.

With that being said, Brandon Phillips has become one of my more favorite MLB players.
    Last edited by Brew Crew; 08-14-2010 at 10:17 AM.

vCash
    He stares at pitchers any time they come in on him. IMO its about time that he starts to get the same treatment as Fielder and Weeks get.

vCash
    at this tweet from McCalvy:

"Just noticed I hit 3,000 followers, and this is my 2,000th tweet. Craig Counsell and his 1,500 games can stick it. ~"

vCash
    This is off topic sort of...but it's on topic with what's in the Brewers near future.

So a decently reliable source (told me of the Brewers signing Hart the day before it happened) told me two things he heard from a former Brewer player, whom happens to be wanted by the Brewers...(R.Y. cough cough) This guy was in town for the anniversary thinger the Brewers had.

Anyways he told me two things.

1. The Brewers plan to get rid of their entire coaching staff with the exception of Dale Sveum.

2. The Brewers still hope to resign Fielder. Fielder does not like his agent Scott Boras at the moment. Last my source heard, the Brewers had an offer of 6-7 years for $135M.

Believe what you want...This is just what I heard
    Last edited by Brew Crew; 09-04-2010 at 03:22 PM.

vCash
    Cauleys from the the JSonline blog joined PSD!!

Jk, obviously I'll take this with a grain of salt, but interesting.

vCash
    Hahaha so0o0o0o true, some writers' material gets a little ridiculous at times (in some cases all of the time).

vCash
    Here's an award winning idea right here guys. Get ready for this cause it's awesome. Why not trade Fielder to KC for Greinke? BOO-YAH!

All joking aside Greinke would give ya'll a great ace to team up with another ace in Gallardo. Followed now by a viable 3 guy in Wolf. Just saying the front 3 of the rotation looks a ton better. McGehee, Weeks, Hart, Braun, Cain, Escobar, and Gamel can lead the team on the offensive side. Now the team just has to focus on some role players/utility guys/pen help/etc. which I know is easier said than done but far easier than nabbing legit front-end rotation starters.
    We Still Hate You Cliff Lee!

vCash
    Royals would want young major league players or prospects... and good ones. I think the Brewers will and should kick the tires on Greinke, it's just not realistic.

Shields or Garza from the Rays are probably more realistic targets should they be available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by long ball View Post
    Royals would want young major league players or prospects... and good ones. I think the Brewers will and should kick the tires on Greinke, it's just not realistic.

Shields or Garza from the Rays are probably more realistic targets should they be available.
    Good point but that's why I was thinking you might have to include a couple of prospects in the deal but including a guy like Fielder would provide more incentive so to speak.

I think you are right though. They probably wouldn't go for that but would love to see Melvin pull the trigger on this type of trade. Not sure what the farm depth is like so maybe it can't happen but would definitely be a move that would get the Brewers headed in the right direction for yrs to come. That said though Garza is a formidable #2 so even him playing behind Gallardo would get the job done. Shields seems to have taken a step back--kinda like another guy(former Ray) Scott Kazmir.

vCash
    If Fielder were to be involved in a trade for Greinke it would have to be in a 3 team trade. Something like this:

Team C: gets Fielder
    Brewers: get Greinke
    Royals: get multiple prospects from Team C and prospect from Brewers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by long ball View Post
    If Fielder were to be involved in a trade for Greinke it would have to be in a 3 team trade. Something like this:

Team C: gets Fielder
    Brewers: get Greinke
    Royals: get multiple prospects from Team C and prospect from Brewers
    Not a bad idea. The team would have to be one w/ money to spend though since they won't want to give up prospects just to see Fielder walk later. The Red Sox make sense if they don't retain Beltre since Youk can move back to 3rd. I don't see that happening but you never know. The Giants make sense too except I have no clue as to what their financials actually look like. lol

vCash
    Well good call Long Ball. This article more or less says that Shields or Garza might be up on the block before too long.

http://www.draysbay.com/2010/10/19/1...-can-we-expect

vCash
    zzzzzz this offseason has been super boring

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast