Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    A Miller Park stadium district committee this afternoon gave conceptual approval to a Milwaukee Brewers plan to build and install a new high-definition scoreboard and audio system in Miller Park by opening day 2010.

Estimated cost of the new scoreboard: Anywhere from $9 million to $12 million.

The scoreboard will be funded largely by the Brewers. But the district has tentatively agreed to commit $5.25 million toward the project. That $5.25 million commitment comes from the district's segregated reserve fund, which is funded jointly by taxpayers in a five-county region and the Brewers.

The new scoreboard will be built in the same location as the current scoreboard but will be bigger and better, team officials and district officials say.

High-definition scoreboards are becoming the norm in stadiums. In addition to a new scoreboard, the sound system in Miller Park will be improved as well. Ever since the park opened in March 2001, there have been complaints about the quality of the sound system.
    Yeah! And they're using the grass in the infield for their outfield next season...

vCash
    I knew that was gonna happen, I was wondering when. I hope the grass situation gets better in the outfield. A lot of guys were slipping towards the end of last season and I'd hate to see someone like Braun blow out a knee or something.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Then-Most View Post
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    whats this about grass?

vCash
    They can play 9 innings on it and then smoke it

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    is that what they were doing that week?

vCash
    Anyone know how to play canasta?

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    Bear.

vCash
    Off-topic- I saw and talked to Carlos Villanueva at the Springfield Airport today. Really down to earth guy.

Greatest Moment in Jets History

vCash
    Thats cool. Its not surprising that someone out of the Brewers organization would be nice to people. They are a very community involved team.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    Changes ahead inside Miller Park
    By Don Walker
    Thursday, Oct 23 2008, 11:52 AM
    There may not be any baseball being played at Miller Park this week, but there is plenty going on inside the stadium.

For starters, all of the outfield grass has been removed. The grounds crew plans to lay new sod - the same kind that was put on the infield earlier this season - sometime next week.

The sod comes from Stevens Point and is a hybrid bluegrass that the players raved over when it was put on the infield.

Elsewhere, work crews are busy renovating 43 suites on the Club Level. Each suite will have new hardwood floors, new flat-panel, high-definition televisions, new furniture, new fixtures and new lighting.

Also, crews are creating a third party suite in the right-field area. The new suite, which will have a 2008 Brewers' playoff theme, will provide space for up to 48 fans and will be leased on a game-by-game basis.

The new suite will be similar to existing suites that are themed after the 1957 Milwaukee Braves and the 1982 Brewers.

Last, the team's FanZone retail story near Friday's Front Row Grill will undergo a facelift in the off-season. The renovated store will have special sections including a new hat and jersey wall, a special tailgate and Sausage Mascot section and a section devoted to women's apparel.

Beginning Nov. 3, the FanZone store will be temporarily located at the Big League Blast area, located on the Loge level.
    Source

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    The Badgers

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behnke2017 View Post
    The Badgers
    are they getting their *** kicked again?

vCash
    Not at the moment but they look really bad. I haven't watched them during the losing streak and it just looks ugly. They're up 10-7 now.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    I just saw the iPhone commercial with the a Brewers vs. Pirates clip. Quite astonishing that they have come this far as to be on commercials for products such as the iPhone.

vCash
    Yeah, is that the one where Hardy says something or is that a different commercial?

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    I am a twilight fan girl

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast