Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Walleyes are fun. Northern are also fun. I don't mind catching 100 panfish a day either. There isn't much that I don't enjoy fishing for. I don't like bullhead!

vCash
    5 Players to Watch from PeteRose.com

5. Alcides Escobar
    Escobar is the total package at shortstop. Errr he does lack pop. In fact, his power is anemic. Everything else is fantastic. He has a legitimate glove for the position, is a great contact hitter (.304 in 125 AB in a short stint last year) and has blazing speed. Escobar should steal 40 bags next year with ease.
    I sure hope he can steal 40 bases....

vCash
    I hope he is allowed to steal 40 times in '10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McNam003 View Post
    I hope he is allowed to steal 40 times in '10
    Bingo.

vCash

vCash
    There is plenty of news this weekend about any potential Prince Fielder contract, and the Brewers beat reporters have been all over it. McCalvy reports that owner Mark Attanasio is saying that there "is no deadline" for a contract to be agreed upon. Meanwhile Anthony Witrado has Attanasio saying any offer they make to Fielder "won't be for show", as many people claim the Brewers offer to CC Sabathia was. And Tom Haudricourt has been tweeting his heart out about the matter: Fielder says he'll have final call on any contract offer, even with Scott Boras as his agent; Attanasio and GM Doug Melvin had a meeting Saturday, with the "process" of putting together an offer to Prince being a part of it; and Attanasio says that he will be a part of any contract negotiations with the big guy. Nothing really ground-breaking, but it looks like we might be nearing the time that the Brewers finally do put out an offer to the star first baseman.
    Meanwhile, the Brewers other superstar, Ryan Braun, has also been a popular subject lately. McCalvy sat down with the left fielder for a discussion on the upcoming season and Brauns "life theories." He also has a role in a new Dick's Sporting Goods commercial (h/t brewerfan). And as part of his spring training preview, Haudricourt profiles Braun's ability to mix his baseball career with his business career. The JS also has the depth chart for left field as well, with no real surprises.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNTS4...layer_embedded

vCash
    I got Sheff right, but couldnt think of the Brewer right away.

As for fishing, is it spring yet? I am ready to hit the gills on Mendota in Madison.

vCash
    What am I missing? I'm so used to hearing that Prince is fat that I'm guessing that is what your speechless face is about.

vCash
    Suppan
    Kottaras
    Riske
    Quote Originally Posted by Big E
    you over rate OBP. especially for the White Sox who leave countless in scoring position. RBI is a way more important stat then OBP anyday.

vCash
    Looks like some decent match ups for MU and UW. I think both could go to the sweet 16.

vCash
    I think Wisconsin could make the final 4 (call me a homer a bit that's fine). I think UK is completely capable of laying an egg against a team like UW.

MU worries me a bit against New Mexico, but if they can get to the sweet 16, we've already seen that they can hang around with WV and should have won that game on the road no less. Washington and New Mexico have a slight advantage of playing closer to home though.

It would amazing if UW and MU played each other in the elite 8, but it's rather unlikely.

vCash
    I can't believe Wisconsin still got a 4 seed. They usually get screwed in seeding and losing in the first round of the Big Ten tournament would've given the committee a reason to drop them down to say a 6 seed.

I don't think they beat Kentucky though. Too big, too athletic and too talented.

Marquette got a pretty good draw. I could see them in the Elite 8.
    you over rate OBP. especially for the White Sox who leave countless in scoring position. RBI is a way more important stat then OBP anyday.

vCash
    ya, finally 4 is def a little ambitious, but I wouldn't feel uncomfortable having them both in the sweet 16 in my bracket.

vCash
    I actually had Georgetown losing, but I had MU going to the sweet 16 so that's no good.

vCash
    I had Georgetown in the Sweet 16 in one bracket and Elite 8 in the other. So they kind of screwed me. Not as much as my brother though. I just found out today that he picked Georgetown to win the title. Talk about a screwed bracket.

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast