Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We're getting close to a foot here in Menominee, MI (U.P.) starting to let up though. Overnight alot of trees went down and power went out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    So Jason Kendall is on the Royals. He goes from catching the farthest thing from Cy Young pitching to catching a Cy Young winner. Pretty nice move for him.
    Yes, and he also knows for a fact he'll only be playing April to September too. I sort of feel bad for him though because from what I read, he really liked it here. Shouldn't be too different in KC though.

vCash
    When there was mention of Juan Pierre in a Brewers uniform I instantly thought, I'd rather have Chuckie Carr.

When I went to his baseball reference page, I saw the quote, "That ain't Chuckie's game, Chuckie hacks on 2-0." Apparently that is what he told Phil Garner after popping out with a 2-0 count. At the time he was my favorite player and I was upset when he was released.

That was before I had consistent internet or a Milwaukee newspaper so I never knew that was the cause (along with poor performance) that led to him being released. I love that quote though. We used to love watching him make the throw from center. He'd put his whole body into it and do a summersault as he let the ball go. Trust me, I have way too many memories from the those losing teams.

vCash
    There used to be a blog (now defunct) named after Chuckie Carr. They stopped posting in mid July 2009.

http://wisconsinsportsblogs.blogspot.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Big E
    you over rate OBP. especially for the White Sox who leave countless in scoring position. RBI is a way more important stat then OBP anyday.

vCash
    He's useful simply because of his defensive versatility and occasional power when the hole in his bat isn't too busy to show up to the game.

vCash
    The Royals just can't catch a break! I mean Yuniesky Betancourt, Mike Jacobs, Jason Kendall... Now Ned Yost!

Nah, I'm only kidding. He's in a good position now. He can't handle a pitching staff, but it seemed like he could work with young players well which is what the Royals need out of him.

vCash
    Greetings... The Creator (of this thread) has returned.

vCash
    Pitchers and catchers report in 19 days
    First work out in 20 Days
    First full workout in 25 days
    First PT game in 30 days

vCash
    Ya, but since I'm a huge loser and can't wait the extra few weeks to get my Brewers fix, I listened to almost all of the spring training games on the radio last season.

vCash
    you're getting on topic....

vCash
    Does anyone else play Sporcle quizzes? They're so addicting, haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    Found a cool site that shows what players played with a certain player so I got 2 trivia questions for you guys.

1) Who is the only active player to play with Robin Yount?

2) Who is the only active Brewer to play with Paul Molitor?
    Good questions. I'll give some hints.

I got the first right but it took forever to think of it. You need to think of an old guy who's been around forever but broke into the league with the Brewers.

The second question I found much easier. Molitor only played with two teams and was gone from Milwaukee before Yount. So you know the active Brewer who played with him had to have been a member of the Twins during the mid 90s. To be honest, I might know more about the Twins in the 90s than the Brewers.

vCash
    Since I brought up the Twins, who doesn't like Kent Hrbek?

vCash
    The only active player to play with Robin Yount is Gary Sheffield.

The only active Brewer to play with Paul Molitor is LaTroy Hawkins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big E
    you over rate OBP. especially for the White Sox who leave countless in scoring position. RBI is a way more important stat then OBP anyday.

vCash
    Anyone like to fish? If so, what do you fish for and where?

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast