Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behnke2017 View Post
    Found a cool site that shows what players played with a certain player so I got 2 trivia questions for you guys.

1) Who is the only active player to play with Robin Yount?

2) Who is the only active Brewer to play with Paul Molitor?
    Good questions. I'll give some hints.

I got the first right but it took forever to think of it. You need to think of an old guy who's been around forever but broke into the league with the Brewers.

The second question I found much easier. Molitor only played with two teams and was gone from Milwaukee before Yount. So you know the active Brewer who played with him had to have been a member of the Twins during the mid 90s. To be honest, I might know more about the Twins in the 90s than the Brewers.

vCash
    Since I brought up the Twins, who doesn't like Kent Hrbek?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Good questions. I'll give some hints.

I got the first right but it took forever to think of it. You need to think of an old guy who's been around forever but broke into the league with the Brewers.

The second question I found much easier. Molitor only played with two teams and was gone from Milwaukee before Yount. So you know the active Brewer who played with him had to have been a member of the Twins during the mid 90s. To be honest, I might know more about the Twins in the 90s than the Brewers.
    Answers please. I got more questions to ask.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Then-Most View Post
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    The only active player to play with Robin Yount is Gary Sheffield.

The only active Brewer to play with Paul Molitor is LaTroy Hawkins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big E
    you over rate OBP. especially for the White Sox who leave countless in scoring position. RBI is a way more important stat then OBP anyday.

vCash
    Anyone like to fish? If so, what do you fish for and where?

vCash
    Walleyes are fun. Northern are also fun. I don't mind catching 100 panfish a day either. There isn't much that I don't enjoy fishing for. I don't like bullhead!

vCash
    5 Players to Watch from PeteRose.com

5. Alcides Escobar
    Escobar is the total package at shortstop. Errr he does lack pop. In fact, his power is anemic. Everything else is fantastic. He has a legitimate glove for the position, is a great contact hitter (.304 in 125 AB in a short stint last year) and has blazing speed. Escobar should steal 40 bags next year with ease.
    I sure hope he can steal 40 bases....

vCash
    I hope he is allowed to steal 40 times in '10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McNam003 View Post
    I hope he is allowed to steal 40 times in '10
    Bingo.

vCash

vCash
    There is plenty of news this weekend about any potential Prince Fielder contract, and the Brewers beat reporters have been all over it. McCalvy reports that owner Mark Attanasio is saying that there "is no deadline" for a contract to be agreed upon. Meanwhile Anthony Witrado has Attanasio saying any offer they make to Fielder "won't be for show", as many people claim the Brewers offer to CC Sabathia was. And Tom Haudricourt has been tweeting his heart out about the matter: Fielder says he'll have final call on any contract offer, even with Scott Boras as his agent; Attanasio and GM Doug Melvin had a meeting Saturday, with the "process" of putting together an offer to Prince being a part of it; and Attanasio says that he will be a part of any contract negotiations with the big guy. Nothing really ground-breaking, but it looks like we might be nearing the time that the Brewers finally do put out an offer to the star first baseman.
    Meanwhile, the Brewers other superstar, Ryan Braun, has also been a popular subject lately. McCalvy sat down with the left fielder for a discussion on the upcoming season and Brauns "life theories." He also has a role in a new Dick's Sporting Goods commercial (h/t brewerfan). And as part of his spring training preview, Haudricourt profiles Braun's ability to mix his baseball career with his business career. The JS also has the depth chart for left field as well, with no real surprises.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNTS4...layer_embedded

vCash
    I got Sheff right, but couldnt think of the Brewer right away.

As for fishing, is it spring yet? I am ready to hit the gills on Mendota in Madison.

vCash
    What am I missing? I'm so used to hearing that Prince is fat that I'm guessing that is what your speechless face is about.

vCash
    Trivia Round 2:

What 3 current Brewers have played with Tim Wakefield?

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Then-Most View Post
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    Suppan
    Kottaras
    Riske
    Quote Originally Posted by Big E
    you over rate OBP. especially for the White Sox who leave countless in scoring position. RBI is a way more important stat then OBP anyday.

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast