Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MassoDio View Post
    I didn't say that he couldn't be discussed. I said that the level of discussion, and the venom spewed (gee look, you are one of them) for people who feel that he is a mediocre player is ridiculous. All those college accolades mean nothing in the NBA. Christian Laetner was one of the best college players every, was selected high in the draft and was a MEDIOCRE player his entire career. I don't care if he won 6th man of the year his rookie year. That means nothing now does it. Did he win it this year, or last year? No. He is a jump shooter that shoots 43%. Wow...how not average that is. I said he has one good skill. Three point shooting. That is the only statistical area he thrives in. That does not make him a great layer. Look, I do not care if you like him. That is perfectly acceptable. There are tons of posters on here that do that have a realistic view of him as a player. All I am saying is that I don't care what happens to him at the end of this year. I didn't say that I did not want him to succeed while he is on this team. And for your information, I am not a Hinrich lover either, he should be gone as well. I am just done with seeing people get all uptight about a guy who is not now, and will never be a star in this league.
    Here's a thought. Steve Nash first 4 years in the league averaged less than 10 pts. and less than 5 ast. per game and didn't even become a full time starter until his 5th year in the league, surrounded by stars like Dirk & M. Finley... 4 years he went to Phoenix to play in a system built for his game... followed that with back-to-back MVP seasons... and has always been known for horrible D.

Did you predict that? (Rhetorical) Then how in the world you can say BG7, just finishing his 4th year in the league, will never be a star in this league? I spit that HOT venom...
    Last edited by lyknoother33; 10-03-2008 at 04:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lyknoother33 View Post
    Here's a thought. Steve Nash first 4 years in the league averaged less than 10 pts. and less than 5 ast. per game and didn't even become a full time starter until his 5th year in the league, surrounded by stars like Dirk & M. Finley... 4 years he went to Phoenix to play in a system built for his game... followed that with back-to-back MVP seasons... and has always been known for horrible D.

Did you predict that? (Rhetorical) Then how in the world you can say BG7, just finishing his 4th year in the league, will never be a star in this league? I spit that HOT venom...

To start with, I didn't compare BG to Laetner. I was only giving an example of a great college player that did nothing in the NBA. Since you wanted to quote college accolades.
    Now as far as the Nash comparison goes. Nash didn't start his first few years because he played behind all star point guards. BG isn't behind any all stars. He just isn't starting because he plays better off the bench. So that comparison is bunk.
    And BG very well COULD become an all star. In my opinion he won't. But that is my opinion. It is because of this I said that I was tired of the discussion about him. Notice that I was giving my opinion. Which is all you are doing is spewing out your opinion, but I never once said that you are anyone else had to stop. I only said I was done with it all. And again....the.....I....don't care what happens to him. What's funny about this discussion we are having, is that you griped at me about this being a forum, and that people were allowed to state their opinion, and all the while, that is all my post was doing. Stateing my opinion about the amount of posts and discussions there were about Gordon. Funny. But what ever, I feel this team needs to be overhauled, and that there should only be one or two players held over. Gordon isn't one of them. And neither is Hinrich.

vCash
    hopefully we are a contender?

vCash
    I hate the take less money to play for a contender thing people say when they aren't in the process of doing it. He will likely have to take less money next year and I will be totally shocked if he stays with Chicago after the way his contract negotiations went. If nobody offers him the contract he's looking for then this less money for a contender thing will be his only way of saving face, he seems to know that. I wonder if the bulls had offered as much as he turned dow last year if he would have taken it. It just seems like he was never willing to admit turning that down was a mistake.

No more Rose? When is football season again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jabberwocky76 View Post
    ^ he is going to take less to play for a contender. he will lower his asking price to play for them

he is going to take less from someone next year contender or not. losing gordon is no big deal. he is a nice player, nothing more. lots of nice players in the NBA.

vCash

Here's another thought. Steve Nash still hasn't achieved anything other than the MVP personal awards . . .which he truly did deserve. Even in a sytem built for his game (surrounded with some damn fine players), he's still looking at retirement without the ring. I'd like to predict the same future for Ben. If thats all that a "star" he becomes, I can live with that.
    With JR as the owner, "There's no sign of the Morning coming"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seventh King View Post
    Here's another thought. Steve Nash still hasn't achieved anything other than the MVP personal awards . . .which he truly did deserve. Even in a sytem built for his game (surrounded with some damn fine players), he's still looking at retirement without the ring. I'd like to predict the same future for Ben. If thats all that a "star" he becomes, I can live with that.
    So you're saying Nash's career doesn't mean anything w/o a ring? Hey, did you know Scott Pollard won one last year? I guess his career is for defining and acceptable. Good luck with the predictions.

vCash
    i would not pay him more than 8 mil a year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MassoDio View Post
    To start with, I didn't compare BG to Laetner. I was only giving an example of a great college player that did nothing in the NBA. Since you wanted to quote college accolades.
    Now as far as the Nash comparison goes. Nash didn't start his first few years because he played behind all star point guards. BG isn't behind any all stars. He just isn't starting because he plays better off the bench. So that comparison is bunk.
    And BG very well COULD become an all star. In my opinion he won't. But that is my opinion. It is because of this I said that I was tired of the discussion about him. Notice that I was giving my opinion. Which is all you are doing is spewing out your opinion, but I never once said that you are anyone else had to stop. I only said I was done with it all. And again....the.....I....don't care what happens to him. What's funny about this discussion we are having, is that you griped at me about this being a forum, and that people were allowed to state their opinion, and all the while, that is all my post was doing. Stateing my opinion about the amount of posts and discussions there were about Gordon. Funny. But what ever, I feel this team needs to be overhauled, and that there should only be one or two players held over. Gordon isn't one of them. And neither is Hinrich.
    And because it's a FORUM people will object & respond to your opinion.

As for the college accolades, I watched Ben all 3 years. I always felt Skiles' system didn't fit his game. We will see the change in the whole team's game.
    He was actually a All-star snub, along with Deng, just 2 years ago. The Bulls were doing much better than that horrible Nets team... politics, man.

Okay, Nash sat behind J. Kidd 2 of those 5 years... (Erick Strickland & Robert Pack were the Mavs PGs) and still averaged less than 10 pts. and 5 ast. his 5th season.

What I'm saying is no one see's into the future... yet they have the right to a opinion... and I will object when I feel it's necessary.

Why do you feel the team needs to be overhauled? It's the same scrappy team from 2 years ago, minus a few vets. They are young, talented and are in a great need of an inside presence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Comcastman View Post
    That's a great way to look at it.

vCash
    And because it's a FORUM people will object & respond to your opinion.

As for the college accolades, I watched Ben all 3 years. I always felt Skiles' system didn't fit his game. We will see the change in the whole team's game.
    He was actually a All-star snub, along with Deng, just 2 years ago. The Bulls were doing much better than that horrible Nets team... politics, man.

Okay, Nash sat behind J. Kidd 2 of those 5 years... (Erick Strickland & Robert Pack were the Mavs PGs) and still averaged less than 10 pts. and 5 ast. his 5th season.

What I'm saying is no one see's into the future... yet they have the right to a opinion... and I will object when I feel it's necessary.

Why do you feel the team needs to be overhauled? It's the same scrappy team from 2 years ago, minus a few vets. They are young, talented and are in a great need of an inside presence.
    Personally,I think BG did fit into Skiles system...but this is not an agument towards you,I agree with many of your points right here...but,in BG's 2 middle seasons,he started 98 of 162 games,and that's not from research,that's from remembering my posts that I did research on...BG had become Skiles' starter at the 2 until whatever his name is took over just after Xmas!
    Today...BG will have to earn his minutes whether it is a starter or a guy coming off the bench...thursday we will see how the early reports come back!
    Elton Brown has already told my cousin Craig Hodges that other than the first day of practice,VDN loves what Tyrus and Gooden bring to the court(Booooooooo,I am so tired of the TT experiment),and they are forming line-ups and already considering cutting players as soon as friday!

Aaron Gray with an impressive side step move past Drew Gooden attacked the goal only to have the ball hit off the front of the rim!
    "Don't feel bad," The rim told him later on. "I had a great summer. I'm getting up higher than ever before."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dakidfromchi View Post
    Personally,I think BG did fit into Skiles system...but this is not an agument towards you,I agree with many of your points right here...but,in BG's 2 middle seasons,he started 98 of 162 games,and that's not from research,that's from remembering my posts that I did research on...BG had become Skiles' starter at the 2 until whatever his name is took over just after Xmas!
    Today...BG will have to earn his minutes whether it is a starter or a guy coming off the bench...thursday we will see how the early reports come back!
    Elton Brown has already told my cousin Craig Hodges that other than the first day of practice,VDN loves what Tyrus and Gooden bring to the court(Booooooooo,I am so tired of the TT experiment),and they are forming line-ups and already considering cutting players as soon as friday!
    I guess the new system and Rose are already making the team look better! Lol, give TT a break... it's only his 3rd season. DAMN YOU MJ!!! We were soooo spoiled, we don't have the patience to wait on development... well, it has been 10 years tho'.

vCash
    I guess the new system and Rose are already making the team look better! Lol, give TT a break... it's only his 3rd season. DAMN YOU MJ!!! We were soooo spoiled, we don't have the patience to wait on development... well, it has been 10 years tho'.
    Great post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just think that what Elton was saying was Tyrus has been very athletic and VDN prefers athletic type guys over low post scoring players and Gooden has been running and been a leader on the floor so far...so much for that Deng leadership thing...that's 3rd hand info,so it really makes no difference,but if we see BG,TT,and Tyrus in the starting line-up thursday,then Elton's info might make a lot of sense!
    Personally,I am not a Hinrich fan,but if he gets into the starting line-up as a 2 and Hughes is on the bench,I will become the biggest KH fan of all time..although I do like Hughes,I hate him being on my team with a crowded backcourt,and I agree we are too spoiled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I loved when Craig was on the Bulls,when Finley first came into the league,and when Marcus Liberty was a starter for Denver and i could just choose where I wanted to watch basketball for the week...but,today,politics play into sports so much that I am scared to root for Elton Brown because politics might take place and he goes back to the NBDL!
    Tyrus and Thabo need to do something special so I can get over my 2006 draft woes...but that's personal!
    Hopefully something plays out,and I can write something special when my buddies leave the camp...right now,I am limited on what I can say,but all the TT and Gooden fans can rest and enjoy what has happened so far.....Deng has been the same player you already know,but the Bulls might be better than we think according to special players in their camp!
    I might bring some special pics from tuesdays practice if they allow photos when I go there!
    But,I hope that TT does good for all his supporters...not me of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaron Gray with an impressive side step move past Drew Gooden attacked the goal only to have the ball hit off the front of the rim!
    "Don't feel bad," The rim told him later on. "I had a great summer. I'm getting up higher than ever before."

vCash
    I highly doubt we are. We are barely a playoff team.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    not until we get vince carter, DUH

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast