Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

BIG PICTURE: Gordon would take less to play for Contender

Paxson: ''I have a lot of respect for Ben the player and person. He has a lot of pride. I'm disappointed we didn't come to an agreement. We have to put that behind us. Ben has been professional from the moment we drafted him. I've always respected that about him. Not getting something done long term is just unfortunate.''

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baske...bull03.article

So it looks as if BG7 will play out his contract year to evaluate his part on this team and to showcase his skills for the rest of the league.

Mark my words, he will take less to play for a contender if the current roster doesn't change... he's too professional not to notice that playing with the Bulls with a overloaded backcourt and no low post presence is not as appealing as coming off the bench for a contender.

Can you imagine BG7 taking 7-8 mil. a year, coming of the bench for the likes of San Antonio, Houston, Lakers, Detroit, Phoenix, Boston and even Toronto?
    They all have stars, post threats & the ability to make room for BG7 next summer.

This guy has been getting ripped all summer about how long his negotiation was taking ( I believe Hinrich's contract was signed during camp 2 season's ago), rumor after rumor, yet NEW news surfaced that the Bulls offer was actually less than reported and most quotes haven't been from HIS own mouth. Deng gave the Bulls an ultimatum, you guys complained get rid of him... then praised the Bulls for signing him to such a large deal. We shall see if he earns that contract, unlike Noce' & Hinrich so far after their signings.

My dream is that they should have a positive season and maybe play like the '99 Blazers squad (minus the knucklehead acts) in which quantity outplayed quality most of the year. Everyone knew their roles.

... and as the broken record goes... unless someone surprises, we are STILL a low post player away from contending.

vCash
    And my dream at this point is that Gordon sits his *** on the bench. The whole "taking less to play for a better/different team" is so cliche . . .and its the only save-face he will have.
    With JR as the owner, "There's no sign of the Morning coming"

vCash
    My dream is a Bull's team without Ben Gordon.

vCash
    My dream is Ben Gordon playing for Lokomotiv Rostov

vCash
    Forget Ben Gordon now. If he wanted to play for a contender than why is his greedy self demanding and asking for soo much money? Ain't no team that is a contender going to pay him that much.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    ^ he is going to take less to play for a contender. he will lower his asking price to play for them

vCash
    ^And that, my friend is his "save-face" in relation to walking away from what the Bulls offered. Ben has no choice but to claim that now.
    With JR as the owner, "There's no sign of the Morning coming"

vCash
    if he were really going to lower his price for a contender....he would have done that now and he would have been signed and traded. i can imagine no deal was made because no team would pay him what he wanted

vCash
    I could care less about what Gordon does after this year. I am so tired of the back and forth talk about him. He isn't a good enough player to warrent this much attention. This just shows how bad of shape the organization is. It also shows how long it has been since the fans have seen a winning team. Ben Gordon will never be the best player on a championship team. He is an easily replaced player, just like everyone else on this team. There is no reason for us as fans to have spent all this time discussing this mediocre player. Yet because we have been success starved for so long, fans see a guy jack up shot after shot, and only make 43% of them, to eke out 18+ points a game, and at least half the fans deem him a good (some fans going way overboard and calling him more than good)player. The bottom line is he has one skill that he is good at. 3pt shooting. The rest of his game is severly lacking. Just like most of the other players on this team have one or two good skills, and are lacking everywhere else. Rose is the exception right now. And Deng is actually more well rounded but not great at anything. It baffles me how much time this forum has invested in dicussing an average player with one above average skill. It also baffles me how much venom is spewed at people who actually view him as an average player with an above average skill. Just incredible. And I am not saying that I haven't been guilty of it as well. I just watched a few games from last year last night that I still had on Tivo, and it struck me. All this crap over a middle of the road player in the league.
    Last edited by MassoDio; 10-03-2008 at 12:45 PM.

vCash
    Is this some more bull$h1+ about Ben Gordon? Because it seems like it.

vCash
    i just want BG to hold me and tell me everything id gonna be OK

vCash
    Lol, I've learned my lesson... most of you BG7 Haters are KH Die Hards... say goodbye to your beloveth Captain Kirk!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MassoDio View Post
    I could care less about what Gordon does after this year. I am so tired of the back and forth talk about him. He isn't a good enough player to warrent this much attention. This just shows how bad of shape the organization is. It also shows how long it has been since the fans have seen a winning team. Ben Gordon will never be the best player on a championship team. He is an easily replaced player, just like everyone else on this team. There is no reason for us as fans to have spent all this time discussing this mediocre player. Yet because we have been success starved for so long, fans see a guy jack up shot after shot, and only make 43% of them, to eke out 18+ points a game, and at least half the fans deem him a good (some fans going way overboard and calling him more than good)player. The bottom line is he has one skill that he is good at. 3pt shooting. The rest of his game is severly lacking. Just like most of the other players on this team have one or two good skills, and are lacking everywhere else. Rose is the exception right now. And Deng is actually more well rounded but not great at anything. It baffles me how much time this forum has invested in dicussing an average player with one above average skill. It also baffles me how much venom is spewed at people who actually view him as an average player with an above average skill. Just incredible. And I am not saying that I haven't been guilty of it as well. I just watched a few games from last year last night that I still had on Tivo, and it struck me. All this crap over a middle of the road player in the league.
    Last time I checked, it was a forum for the Chicago Bulls... and he has been the story for this team the past few years, whether he's playing good or bad. Quit ya' crying and accept it for what it is... a forum for fans for this particular team... and if you were so disinterested, why post???

Oh yeh... mediocre player who holds the Big East Tournament scoring record by average (w/o Okafor), NCAA Champion as a Junior (Who beat Deng's Dukies) 3rd pick of his draft, first ever rookie to win 6th Man of the Year and one of the best 4th quarter scorers in the league... BTW, led his team in scoring 3 consecutive seasons. The only thing, by definition, mediocre about BG7 is that he's the 6th man of the Bulls active roster... yet, he's one of the best 6th men in the league.

Mediocre... Blasphemy!!!
    Last edited by lyknoother33; 10-03-2008 at 03:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    if he were really going to lower his price for a contender....he would have done that now and he would have been signed and traded. i can imagine no deal was made because no team would pay him what he wanted

Common sense tells me,"If I have to work within a screwed-up system, I want more money. If a possible employer has the same position with less stress and obvious room for growth, I'm outta here!" That's everyday life.

If your boss was trying to low ball you, would you allow your employer to benefit from you leaving the company?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lyknoother33 View Post
    Last time I checked, it was a forum for the Chicago Bulls... and he has been the story for this team the past few years, whether he's playing good or bad. Quit ya' crying and accept it for what it is... a forum for fans for this particular team... and if you were so disinterested, why post???

Oh yeh... mediocre player who holds the Big East Tournament scoring record by average (w/o Okafor), NCAA Champion as a Junior (Who beat Deng's Dukies) 3rd pick of his draft, first ever rookie to win 6th Man of the Year and one of the best 4th quarter scorers in the league... BTW, led his team in scoring 3 consecutive seasons. The only thing, by definition, mediocre about BG7 is that he's the 6th man of the Bulls active roster... yet, he's one of the best 6th men in the league.

Mediocre... Blasphemy!!!
    I didn't say that he couldn't be discussed. I said that the level of discussion, and the venom spewed (gee look, you are one of them) for people who feel that he is a mediocre player is ridiculous. All those college accolades mean nothing in the NBA. Christian Laetner was one of the best college players every, was selected high in the draft and was a MEDIOCRE player his entire career. I don't care if he won 6th man of the year his rookie year. That means nothing now does it. Did he win it this year, or last year? No. He is a jump shooter that shoots 43%. Wow...how not average that is. I said he has one good skill. Three point shooting. That is the only statistical area he thrives in. That does not make him a great layer. Look, I do not care if you like him. That is perfectly acceptable. There are tons of posters on here that do that have a realistic view of him as a player. All I am saying is that I don't care what happens to him at the end of this year. I didn't say that I did not want him to succeed while he is on this team. And for your information, I am not a Hinrich lover either, he should be gone as well. I am just done with seeing people get all uptight about a guy who is not now, and will never be a star in this league.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast