Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Arlington, Texas - Home of the Cowboys and Rangers
    vCash

Vince Carter Revisited

When he signed with Memphis I was happy to see him leave and many of my fellow Mavs fans were very disappointed.

His season in Memphis is exactly why I say that. 6.5 PPG on 34% shooting so far for Memphis. The guy is too damn streaky and for every 1 game he shoots well, he'll give you 3+ terrible shooting games.

vCash
    I agree.

vCash
    Disagree. I'm always the minority.

Staying with us, he'd be around the same but then we got Jefferson and Big Villy who fill the void.

He was a desperate guy when he came, witha bad rep but he made a turn around (which you already could witness during his first year with us... again most will disagree)... but he "relived" after joining us. Like most players not named Lamar Odom. What a ****er

They were worse before they got here and got worse again, as soon after they had left, while they actually were really good during their tenure with us. Look at Wright, a shell of himself but therefor Crowder seems to break free over the last two. Wright hopefully follows JJ and Devins way back to us. Wouldn't surprise me.

Edit: Also I wasn't happy when he left us for Memphis. I hate when guys like them or Houston are getting better. It's a race close enough in our division and conference. He better should have went to the eastcoast.
    Last edited by AnthonyTyrael2; 01-06-2015 at 01:22 AM.

Arlington, Texas - Home of the Cowboys and Rangers
    vCash
    I'm not really getting your point, Anthony.

Vince Carter shot 40% last year from the field, as a Maverick. He wasn't an efficient scorer even last season. Not like it just started this season. Some people would argue that's because he shot a lot of 3's, but he was only a 41% shooter on his 2 point attempts. The guy was just streaky, too streaky for a team like ours that is built on efficiency.

vCash
    I like Vince Carter and he has always been one of my favorite players but letting him go has turned out exactly like I said it would. Losing him was not a big loss for the Mavs. I went round and round with a guy on the NBA board about this. Can't remember his name but in his opinion the Mavs would desperately miss Vince and would not be as good this year because they lost him. I told him that I thought the Mavs would get the same production out of Jefferson that they got out of Vince. Jefferson has been proving me right lately. Hell even Charlie V is giving the Mavs everything they lost in Vince (totally unexpected). The Mavs have always been able to get good production out of veteran wing players.

vCash
    It was probably thuglife

vCash
    Carter was kept at a bit of a minutes restriction to start the year after an offseason surgery to remove bone spurs from his ankle, so I'd give his inconsistent start a bit of a pass since he looks like he's been rounding into form recently

Welcome to Good Boogie, home of the Good Boogie

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2015

vCash
    People said I was nuts at the begging inch of the season but RJ has given the Mavs about as much this year as Vince did last year. Just saying.

vCash
    hihi your right

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

RUN DMC Baby

vCash
    This is nonsense and you all know it. Jefferson and CV are like poor poor man VCs. It's not just how reliable shooting he had there over 40% from 3 it's the intangibles. Mentoring Ellis, making timely plays, good relationship with all the guys, hustle plays. I'm almost positive Carlisle Cuban and Dirk won't go out of their way to praise either of those two.

Very petty guys. Come on Vince was good for Dallas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    This is nonsense and you all know it. Jefferson and CV are like poor poor man VCs. It's not just how reliable shooting he had there over 40% from 3 it's the intangibles. Mentoring Ellis, making timely plays, good relationship with all the guys, hustle plays. I'm almost positive Carlisle Cuban and Dirk won't go out of their way to praise either of those two.

He was definitely good for Dallas, I'm not saying he wasn't. He's also still one of my favorite players of all time. RJ may not have given the team everything Vince did but he wasn't that far off. He was a great teammate and locker room guy. On the court the combination of RJ and Charlie V has given them the production they got from Vince.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B:29903067
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post

He was definitely good for Dallas, I'm not saying he wasn't. He's also still one of my favorite players of all time. RJ may not have given the team everything Vince did but he wasn't that far off. He was a great teammate and locker room guy. On the court the combination of RJ and Charlie V has given them the production they got from Vince.
    Except for they didn't. VC should have won 6moy in '13. Cuban said he was their best player that year..He had that outstanding series in '14 vs spurs after another good year.

I think adding Aminu and Parsons were good moves to make but to then just write off VCs production with 'oh we got CV and Jefferson, were fine' is childish. Largely in the fact VC kept Dirk interested I feel like as having a friend around and he was Ellis' mentor.

The only comparison is that these guys could shoot some in too and make a couple plays here and there but in no way do they match the other intangibles and I think it's petty to make a thread about it, mid season, while he's recovering from surgery.