Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mavericks 2016 Off-Season Thread

Discuss the draft, free agency and potential trades for the Mavericks here.

So who do you guys think they'll target? We know they're going after Howard again. Mike Conley too?

TheSmokingCuban (@thesmokingcuban)
    6/23/16, 4:06 PM
    Mavs expecting a meeting at opening of free agency with Hassan Whiteside (per ESPN)

------------------------------------------------

NBA Central (@TheNBACentral)
    6/23/16, 4:07 PM
    The Dallas Mavericks will be targeting Mike Conley and Hassan Whiteside as top priorities in free agency. (h/t @******)

I am predicting Whiteside and Conley will almost sign with Mavs. We will almost be good this year - that is my prediction. I will check back to see if I was right or wrong.

Team tank!

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    I am predicting Whiteside and Conley will almost sign with Mavs. We will almost be good this year - that is my prediction. I will check back to see if I was right or wrong.
    I am checking back - I guess I called that...

Wasn't exactly a revelation. That's been the pattern since 2012.

I'm starting to like this off season again. The longer they wait to sign anyone and the more guys that get signed by other teams the closer we actually get to tanking and starting the rebuilding process.

Another year, more failure. **** Cuban and Donnie for ruining Dirks career

I dont really see any option out the for us i mean Waiters would be an ok pickup if the thunder dont match. Trading for a Pg is the only way we get a starting pg but we have no assets.

DWill resigned for 1 year and Bogut acquired for cap space (trade exception). Both good acquisitions. Both expiring contracts that can be traded at the trade deadline for young players or draft picks.

I have no doubt with the benefit of hindsight that Cuban/Donnie would have want a do-over on the asset shedding post 2011 championship had they known "dry powder" in a vacuum is worthless in the FA market.

Not sure if a draft pick is coming back or what.

Mavs Moneyball (@mavsmoneyball)
    7/6/16, 12:03 PM
    The Mavericks will trade Jeremy Evans to the Indiana Pacers, per @WojVerticalNBA, freeing up cap space for Dirk mavsmoneyball.com/2016/7/6/12108

So, what are you guys' opinion on Chandler Parsons leaving? As a Rockets fan I gotta admit it was pretty sweet seeing the Mavs not want him back and him bolting. It's like the girl that left you for another dude and their relationship didn't work out either.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    So, what are you guys' opinion on Chandler Parsons leaving? As a Rockets fan I gotta admit it was pretty sweet seeing the Mavs not want him back and him bolting. It's like the girl that left you for another dude and their relationship didn't work out either.
    Parsons is a good offensive player. He's just more of a 2nd or 3rd option but getting paid like a 1st option. Plus he's injury prone. His defense is suspect too. I'm not upset at all that he's gone. The Mavs immediately got tougher when they let Parsons walk. I think Barnes will be a much better fit than Parsons was. Justin Anderson also has potential to be much better than Parsons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Parsons is a good offensive player. He's just more of a 2nd or 3rd option but getting paid like a 1st option. Plus he's injury prone. His defense is suspect too. I'm not upset at all that he's gone. The Mavs immediately got tougher when they let Parsons walk. I think Barnes will be a much better fit than Parsons was. Justin Anderson also has potential to be much better than Parsons.
    If it wasn't for the injuries, if it wasn't for the huge overpay, if it wasn't for the average defense, if it wasn't for the anti-toughness, if it's not ALL of those things, then maybe it would be a little less of a sting. He just seemed like he really liked the Mavs and they really liked him but he left quick as he could.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast