Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Dallas Mavericks 2015 offseason thread.

Well we need need need to keep Tyson.

Here is a quote from him after today's game.

Tyson Chandler said he would like to be back next season but that will be up to management.

My translation is he wants to get paid. No discounts probably.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" Hendricks
    FW: Conor "Notorious" McGregor
    FW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    NASCAR: Dale Earnhardt Jr.

vCash
    Tyson said he's in a good place both mentally and physically. Said he's getting right back to work tomorrow: "Offseason starts tomorrow."

vCash
    Amar'e Stoudemire said that he feels his time in Dallas was good. On his future: "My next move has to be my best move."

Translation, whoever pays him the most.

Not sure I want any part of him over the vet min or 3m mark

vCash
    Hey everyone, it's been a really long time since I last posted here, but I've kept up reading the NBA forum and the occasional posts I see here. Got pretty bored and decided to have some fun and look into a hypothetical roster for next season. This is something I came up:

PG: Patrick Beverley
    SG: Monta Ellis
    SF: Chandler Parsons
    PF: Dirk Nowitzki
    C: Tyson Chandler
    6: Al Farouq-Aminu
    7: Tristan Thompson
    8: Devin Harris
    9: Omer Asik
    10: Iman Shumpert
    11: JJ Barea
    12: Charlie V.

What do y'all think? I tried to address some of our defensive needs and keep things (somewhat?) realistic. Do you guys think we can afford to keep Ellis, Chandler, and Aminu? If we're trying to stay competitive and give Dirk another fighting chance, I think the order we need to prioritize resigning these guys would be: Chandler, Aminu, and then Ellis. Do you all think that considering the money we would need to allocate to these guys, would it be possible to sign players like Thompson, Asik, Beverley, and Shumpert? (I'm thinking Barea and Charlie V. would come back for vet min).

vCash
    It looks pretty good man.

I doubt JJ comes back at the min again but I think he will sign cheap.

Aminu going to be in the 4-7 range I think.

I love Monta and during these playoffs he's really stepped up. But the saying is you live or die by Monta" is somewhat true. I'm still on the fence whether we should sign him back once he opts out. It is possible he will not opt out though.

vCash
    The word is DJ would be interested in coming to Dallas.

Obviously if he wants to come we need to get him. Is he worth max? I don't think so especially if Tyson only wants 7-10m

Then that leaves Tyson if we get DJ. Would he be willing to come off the bench for only 20 minutes a game? I doubt it. But it would be nice to have a big parring of DJ & Tyson.

One can dream

vCash
    Link for DJ

DeAndre Jordan eyeing Dallas in free agency? https://t.co/HMM68I2tE7

vCash
    Reminder: the Mavs only have five players under contract for 2015-16 and one of them is Felton, who may be released (stretch provision).

vCash
    If Tyson is looking for more than 10-11 on a multiyear contract, then I say we go after Jordan. I hate that all good players are considered for max contracts these days. Max contracts are no longer left for the pure superstars...I honestly wouldn't want to put all the eggs in one basket to sign a max player and thereby lose depth. Jordan would be a great pick up since he's a young defensive presence that can reliably stay healthy. But the problem with signing him to a max contact is that I feel as we aren't really improving. Tyson was great for us last season, so I wouldn't expect replacing him with Jordan would make us a better team. And if we throw a lot of money at Jordan, then we aren't giving ourselves much room to sign other talent, (defensive minded backcourt players, and solid bigs off the bench). So would it even be worth it? But if Tyson wants big money too...what other option do we have?

vCash
    It's going to be interesting that's for sure

vCash
    Dirk on possibly being a reserve: "The problem is that there'd be some stiffness off the bench. ..Whatever it takes. I've always said that."

vCash
    Dirk said he hasn't thought about the potential of being a reserve, but he's clearly willing to do whatever it takes to help the team.

vCash
    Amar'e on if money matters in FA: "I'm already paid in full. Money is great to have, but it's not what I'm searching for at this point."

vCash
    Monta Ellis will NOT be speaking to the media during exit interviews.

vCash
    Dirk on Monta Ellis: "We'd love to keep him." That said, he doesn't know if Monta will stay or not.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast