Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Yankees need to talk trade with the Indians for 3B Lonnie Chisenhall

Get Chisenhall with the team for opening day!

vCash
    Guys hitting .244/.284/.411 in three seasons in the majors with one year being bearly above league average with the bat and the other two being pretty below league average with the bat.

We already have guys that can do that and possibly more.

Pass.

Edit:

His minor league numbers are hardly better.

You haven't said what you want to trade him for.

I don't see him worth giving up even a level C prospect for.

He's nothing better then what we already have in

Solarte/Johnson who will most likely be the regular third baseman and Nunez has better numbers then him and he's in Triple A and stinks.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 03-30-2014 at 01:58 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDream:28233802
    … .why?
    Mark Teixeira #25
    R- 0 H-2 HR-0 RBI-1 BB-1 SO-0 AVG-.667 OBP-.750 SLG-.667

vCash
    bearly above league average, eh?

The Indians rushed him to the big leagues so don't blame him for that. You really can't judge his career on those early years. He looks poised to breakout and has tons of potential.

Where do we have a cost-controlled 25-year old with that much potential ready to play a position everyday? Ill be waiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xXx J0SE 21 xXx View Post
    .why?
    Chisenhall has tons of potential and we need a 3B. Not for just this season but for the future. Chisenhall is ready to breakout at just 25-years old and to the Indians he has become expendable.

Kelly Johnson is a good player but he's not an everyday third baseman. Brian Roberts is washed up and only a matter of time before he ends up injured. It's only the truth. KJ would do much better playing 2B. If one of those 2 has to become a bench player then our team is only much stronger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xXx J0SE 21 xXx:28233867
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDream:28233802
    … .why?
    I don't know but he also said David huff should be in the starting rotation and CC with a no trade clause should be traded. And he swore it would happen.

This kid he's speaking of is supposedly so Good and he's going to have a big break out season, when all his numbers, including his minor league numbers are nothing to write home about. If that was the case why would the Indians trade him now when his value is so low if he's going to break out? Seems foolish. He also ignored questions such as who are we trading for him and where does he fit on the roster since there is no space.

This dude hasn't posted here since like last season so I didn't remember why he was on my ignore list. But now I remember so back he goes.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 03-30-2014 at 06:25 AM.

vCash
    RCS is a pretend know-it-all. I don't care that he has me on ignore. I'd rather him not post. Every post of his is rubbish. "none of his numbers are anything to write home about" sure buddy. That's why he was ranked a top 25 prospect. You don't understand the part of slowing a players development by rushing them to the major leagues

He still has big time potential and right now he's expendable. I'd give them Phelps or someone lesser even. Not sure what they want or how low they'd be willing to go. I can't have those negotiations, unfortunately. That would be a steal. Very simply Solarte would have to be DFA for this move to happen and I don't think you're losing anything at all with that.

vCash
    We should make sure 3b is open next year for when Alex comes back

ACE
    1-1
    7.50 ERA
    12.0 IP
    12 K
    1.33 WHIP

vCash
    I mean I just would like to know why?.. For who? Not trying to be a smart *** but tbh nothing Chisenhall has done really sticks out to me to make me say MAN We should trade for him.
    Just wondering
    Last edited by xXx J0SE 21 xXx; 03-30-2014 at 11:42 AM.
    Mark Teixeira #25

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xXx J0SE 21 xXx:28234437
    I mean I just would like to know why?.. For who? Not trying to be a smart *** but tbh nothing Chisenhall has done really sticks out to me to make me say MAN We should trade for him.

I feel like Scott Sizemore should be on the big league roster because hes actually shown some promise before.
    at least some power and versatility w good defense.
    Mark Teixeira #25

vCash
    Actually, this is not the worse idea you have ever had. (Granted, not saying much here )

Chisenhall: 92 wRC+ / 0.303 wOBA / 4.7% BB / 19.4% K / 0.166 ISO / 0.274 BABIP
    2013 3B: 97 wRC+ / 0.314 wOBA / 7.6% BB / 18.3% K / 0.142 ISO / 0.293 BABIP
    NYY 3B: 69 wRC+ / 0.279 wOBA / 7.2% BB / 25.6% K / 0.110 ISO / 0.285 BABIP

The only problem is that Kelly Johnson is superior in every way.

Chisenhall would be a great back-up 3B and a solid producer at the position in the case of short to mid-term injury. He could even be a starter on a team that was not looking for surplus value out of 3B.

Considering that the Yankees need to squeeze every drop of value possible out of our infield this year he is not an option.

vCash
    Pass on Chisenhall. He blows. And I don't buy into this whole "they rushed him crap" with position players much. You got guys that come up at the age of 19, 20, 21 etc. and immediately fit in. Granted, some also might take a while. But this guy has shown nothing special to warrant a trade and that's even if the Indians were open to the idea.

There is nothing this guy can give us we don't necessarily have. And let's try to think here a bit..... If Chisenhall is on the brink of a breakout season, cost-controlled, and someone that can solidify and produce at a position for the future, then why should the Indians trade him? Why would they want to make us better?

Him being ranked a top 25 prospect doesn't mean ****. All prospect/potential means is you haven't proved anything yet. We've seen plenty top prospects flame out.
    New York Yankees
    FC Bayern Munchen

Bundesliga: Wins- 25 / Draw- 3 / Loss- 2
    DFB-Pokal-Wins- 5 / Loss- 0 Finals vs Borussia Dortmund
    Champions League- Semi-Finals vs. Real Madrid.

1st Leg- April 23rd in Madrid.
    2nd Leg- April 29th in Munich.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
    Chisenhall has tons of potential and we need a 3B. Not for just this season but for the future. Chisenhall is ready to breakout at just 25-years old and to the Indians he has become expendable.

Kelly Johnson is a good player but he's not an everyday third baseman. Brian Roberts is washed up and only a matter of time before he ends up injured. It's only the truth. KJ would do much better playing 2B. If one of those 2 has to become a bench player then our team is only much stronger.
    No offense, but that Stoner who dropped out of HS has a ton of potential too... does not mean anyone will ever see it...

Oh, and if they rushed Chisenhall up... I guess they really rushed Trout and Harper up the bigs too.. I mean they are still just kids..... (and I would love to see both in pinstripes)...

No, up to this point he's had a few flashy moments and quite a bit of average at best years... He's a 20+round draft pick prospect at best deal... right now, I don't expect that he would beat out anyone we already have on the opening day lineup (well, maybe Derek.. but he has the name brand behind him)

vCash
    I have no idea who this guy is, but I trust AmericanDream enough to know that he has an idea of what he is talking about. Taking a chance on potential. I am completely okay with that.
    Raptors count-up to 36 wins: 34 - 48 || #TankForWiggins
    http://blogasvalanciunas.tumblr.com
    Hey Cashman, fire Girardi and then yourself!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaoudS View Post
    I have no idea who this guy is, but I trust AmericanDream enough to know that he has an idea of what he is talking about. Taking a chance on potential. I am completely okay with that.
    Daoud! Where you been?

| .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast