Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Ian Desmond anyone?

Nat's seem interested in moving him. Reportedly they don't feel they can afford to re-sign (supposedly turned down 6/$100M) and Zim. Most recently, the team was said to have kicked around a three-team scenario that would have sent Desmond to the division-rival Mets. Mets backed out. Clearly one of the best SS in ML with 20hr power as well.

Is it doable and what would it cost us? I would think it warrants a little investigation at the very least.
    "While I still believed that numbers could reveal things about the game that were invisible to the naked eye, my own eyes had glazed over as the combination of fantasy baseball and mathematical arcana conspired to squeeze the life from the game I loved. John Thorn, MLB official historian, leading sabermetrician and author.

The "Cap" circa '96

vCash
    Two words, one name: Didi Gregorius.

vCash
    I would trade Murphy and Montero.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Nat's seem interested in moving him. Reportedly they don't feel they can afford to re-sign (supposedly turned down 6/$100M) and Zim. Most recently, the team was said to have kicked around a three-team scenario that would have sent Desmond to the division-rival Mets. Mets backed out. Clearly one of the best SS in ML with 20hr power as well.

Is it doable and what would it cost us? I would think it warrants a little investigation at the very least.
    There was a report that the Nats wanted Syndergaard from the Mets for Desmond, so that gives you an idea of what they're asking for. Syndergaard was ranked #16 overall by BA last year. We really don't have anyone comparable. Maybe Severino, Judge, and a lower level prospect. For one year of Desmond. I'd pass.
    <a href=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg/240px-Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg target=_blank>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1%2C_2012.jpg</a>

BA: .282 HR: ONE! RBI: 20 SB: 12 AGE: 40

vCash
    Yeah but that was last year.. Syndergaard isn't as highly ranked and Serevino has come up.. While not exactly comparable to Syndergaard, I don't see why we would have to include Judge..

I'd love to take Desmond.. And I think we could sign him long term..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    There was a report that the Nats wanted Syndergaard from the Mets for Desmond, so that gives you an idea of what they're asking for. Syndergaard was ranked #16 overall by BA last year. We really don't have anyone comparable. Maybe Severino, Judge, and a lower level prospect. For one year of Desmond. I'd pass.
    Also heard on WFAN Mets balked at committing $100M+ to re-sign. Severino is close. I am thinking a long term solution at SS. Is Didi the long term answer?
    "While I still believed that numbers could reveal things about the game that were invisible to the naked eye, my own eyes had glazed over as the combination of fantasy baseball and mathematical arcana conspired to squeeze the life from the game I loved. John Thorn, MLB official historian, leading sabermetrician and author.

The "Cap" circa '96

vCash
    Ok.. Deal Severino to the Nats for Desmond and then DiDi to the Mets for Syndergaard..

Boom

vCash
    How about we just sign him in 10 months ?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    How about we just sign him in 10 months ?
    This would be most logical decision.

Also, I'd wait to see how DiDi preforms before trading for another short stop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Ok.. Deal Severino to the Nats for Desmond and then DiDi to the Mets for Syndergaard..

Boom
    I doubt Severino nets Desmond and I know Didi is not netting Syndergaard:

General manager Sandy Alderson said Sunday that the club never was in play for Gregorius. The Diamondbacks were asking for a return that was too high namely Noah Syndergaard and it was not something the Mets were willing to pay.
    http://www.nj.com/mets/index.ssf/201...gregorius.html
    <a href=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg/240px-Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg target=_blank>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1%2C_2012.jpg</a>

BA: .282 HR: ONE! RBI: 20 SB: 12 AGE: 40

vCash
    Isn't he a FA after the season?
    Alex who? Never heard of him.

vCash
    Yes. But he wants a gigantic contract. Apparently has already turned down $100 million. He's really good, but he struck out 28.2% of the time last year and turns 30 this year. Never walks either. Kind of a concern. Plus, the Nats are contenders. They'll only trade him if they get enough that it makes sense.

Severino ain't getting the deal done.

vCash
    I agree with the logic, wait a year and look to sign him as a UFA when it will only cost $$$$ (and maybe a draft pick, well probably)...

1. that gives time to see what they have in Didi
    2. Why throw away prospects again?

vCash
    These shortstops are flashes in the pan. Wasn't Everth Cabrera an all star last year? Can't get a job. Starlin Castro was the next Ernie Banks. Stinks.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    I agree with the logic, wait a year and look to sign him as a UFA when it will only cost $$$$ (and maybe a draft pick, well probably)...

1. that gives time to see what they have in Didi
    2. Why throw away prospects again?
    Agree, let's see what Didi has to offer, hopefully he can improve by playing at Yankees Stadium and with a new hitting coach. If he doesn't work out, then we can consider signing Desmond even though I'm not crazy about him. He strikes out way too much and he doesn't walk enough as well.
    I would have preferred Evert Cabrera, he at least walks and can steal bases. He was horrible last year but he looked really good two years ago. He's still only 28 years old and I think he's better than what he did last year.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast