Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Week 4: ACC Game Thread and Predictions

Game Thread and Predictions

Saturday, September 20th

12:00 PM EST -#15 East Carolina @ NC State

Prediction:
    East Carolina nearly got upset last week and have recently suffered an injury to one of their best defensive players. I still think they are going to have their way with NC State and improve to 4-0East Carolina wins 27-16

12:00 PM EST - Mississippi State @ Georgia Tech

Prediction: This game is a real toss up for me. Georgia Tech is coming off of a tough loss and since they are the ACC Team i am going to have to go with them Georgia Tech rolls 17-10

1:00 PM EST - South Carolina State @ Clemson

Prediction: Another cupcake for Clemson Clemson wins 52-7

1:00 PM EST - UCF @ Boston College

Prediction: This UCF team showed that they are very solid in that game against South Florida. However, i can't pick against my boys and i think BC will take a close one. BC wins 23-17

1:00 PM EST - Eastern Michigan @ Maryland

Prediction: It seems like Maryland is playing against the level of their competition and thats not good at all. However, i still think they are going to win. Maryland wins 17-10

3:30 PM EST - Virginia Tech @ North Carolina

Prediction - This is a matchup between 2 of the better teams in the ACC so far. North Carolina has definitely played very well so far and has received praise from Va Tech coach Frank Beamer. However, after a big win last week Va Tech will continue to play well Virginia Tech wins 24-20

3:30 PM EST - Miami @ Texas A&M

Prediction:Miami has played very well this year, even in their loss against Florida. I like what Mike Sherman is doing at A&M but Miami is just to talented Miami wins 34-17

7:00 PM EST - #18 Wake Forest @ #24 Florida State

Prediction:I'm am not ready to believe that FSU is back so i am hoping they lose this game. Wake is a very solid team all around and hopefully they can take one from FSU at home Wake wins 27-21

Last weeks record: 3-4
    Hughest4 season record: 18-10

We should keep a running tab on who picks the most correct games. At the end of the season we will see which of us knows ACC Football the best.
    Last edited by hughest4; 09-18-2008 at 08:07 PM.
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash

I dont really have a reason for this pick, but I am just going to cut to the chase. I think NC State will "upset" ECU. I hope that isnt the case, but I just have a gut feeling.

ECU 24 NC State 30

Georgia Tech has surprised me so far this season. I really didnt expect them to do much of anything at all. They almost took out VT last week, and they beat a fairly good BC team 2 weeks ago. I'll take the Jackets in this one over an offensively ******** MSU team.

MSU 3 Georgia Tech 21

Yeah...

SC State 6 Clemson 63

UCF is not a pushover by any means. They dont have a prolific player such as Kevi Smith anymore, but they are a well balanced team. Im not sure about BC yet. They need to get some consistency out of the QB position, and an identity on offense. I still trust them though, and I will stick with them.

UCF 13 BC 19

Maryland got a huge win over a talented Cal team last week. They almost blew it, however. I dont think they will have much of a problem against EMU, but they are going to have to close games better than they did last week.

EMU 12 Maryland 28

I dont know what to think with VT. They have struggled mightily this season in every game. They need a playmaker on offense, and they need to get Macho in there a bit more to give them some form of a "gamechanger" on offense. UNC is on the rise, and are my sleeper team this year, I think I am going with the 'Heels this week.

VT 17 UNC 24

Miami looked good against Florida for the first 48 minutes. Their defense is insanely fast, and agressive. They need to get some points on the board however. We killed T A&M last year, and I hope it will be the same this year.

Miami 34 T A&M 21

Wake will put the overrated 'Noles in their place.

Wake 35 FSU 17

BTW Hughes, It's gonna be tough for VT to play GT in blacksburg, and UNC in Chapel Hill at the same time, isn't it?

Season Record: 21-7 (not posted, but based on who I did pick.)
    Last edited by BullsFan_1; 09-18-2008 at 11:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    BTW Hughes, It's gonna be tough for VT to play GT in blacksburg, and UNC in Chapel Hill at the same time, isn't it?
    My bad, fixed that. I'm definitely a little bit nervous about the BC game as well. They are expected to win but UCF is no joke and played very well against a good South Florida team last week. Are you back to full activity? It just hasn't been the same without you here

vCash
    Yay, the second game i'm actually expecting Maryland to win. I could see them losing if they went to EMU, but they are at home, so i expect them to dominate Eastern Michigan, the first time they've dominated anyone this season. Hopefully Chris Turner has another good game, i'd like to see some consistency.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    My bad, fixed that. I'm definitely a little bit nervous about the BC game as well. They are expected to win but UCF is no joke and played very well against a good South Florida team last week. Are you back to full activity? It just hasn't been the same without you here
    Yup, as far as I know.

vCash

ECU 31 NC State 20

MSU 7 Georgia Tech 10

SC State 9 Clemson 57

UCF 20 BC 21

EMU 16 Maryland 31

VT 29 UNC 31

Miami 34 Texas A&M 21

Wake 24 FSU 17

Last Week: 3-4
    Overall: 10-7
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post

Last weeks record: 3-4
    Hughest4 season record: 18-10

We should keep a running tab on who picks the most correct games. At the end of the season we will see which of us knows ACC Football the best.
    well, i might as well start predicting now for fun.

East Carolina vs. NC state. yeah, almost got beat. but liked what i saw the 1st two weeks, and NC state aint no powerhouse.

Miss State @ Georgia Tech one loss to a VT team is probably better than 2 losses including a loss to louisiana tech. idk.

South Carolina State @ Clemson in a walk.

UCF @BC. UCF hung tough with a 17th ranked SF team.

Eastern Michigan @ Maryland. beat a ranked cal team, and EM stinks.

VT @ UNC. not sold on UNC yet.

Miami @ Texas A&M. miami seems to be on the way back up. and A&M seems stinkier than usual.

Wake @ FSU. not too sure. FSU hasnt played anyone good yet. and have been bad lately.(lost 2 straight to wake) so ill take wake.

oh and i predict DUKE will not lose this week !!!
    winning record

vCash
    Boston College's offense and special teams are absolutely terrible today and its driving me insane...why can't Matt Ryan have more eligibility!!!! I sure am happy that we have a good defense because we are going to have to rely on them a ton this year

vCash
    NC State is hanging with ECU pretty well today.

It's 21-14 early in the third, ECU just punted to NC STate

vCash
    wow! I dont know if anybody else is watching the NCST ECU game, but NCST is getting some incredible penetration. ECU had 4th and goal from the 1 and decided to go for it, and the linebacker blitzing came throught untouched and dropped the RUNNINGBACK on the 6 yardline...they barely even had enough time to hand the ball off...

vCash
    We're going to OT in the NCST ECU game...if ECU gets the ball first, and doesnt do anything, and NCST scores a TD, my prediction will be perfect.

vCash
    ^^^
    Indeed your prediction will be correct. I really want to watch the OT but i just can't switch away from this Boston College game...its far to close. Boston College is driving and hopefully they get a TD because that would make it a 2 score game

vCash
    ECU fumbles...NCST recovers....looks like the cinderella story may be over.

vCash
    NCST scores a TD!!!! Andre Brown!!!

30-24...I am a god

vCash
    ^^^
    Nice pick, nice pick...to bad it couldn't have been on a game that actually matters. Even if they are the #15 team who has beat 2 ranked teams i still don't take them seriously. Congrats to Tom O' Brien because this was a huge win for his team.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast