Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Kings trade sully

The Kings traded sully to carolina for Justin Williams(currently out with a broken hand) at the trade deadline. any thoughts?
    O'sullivan in his 3rd yr is 24yrs old currently has 14goals and 23asst in 62gms
    Justin Williams in his 8th yr is 27yrs old currently 3goals and 7asst in 32gms

Note - williams has been injured this yr and last but had back to back 30plus goal seasons in 06 and 07
    Last edited by JUMPMANWALLY; 03-05-2009 at 12:03 PM.

vCash
    One in another line of questionable moves by Lombardi. I thought that the philosophy was to trade away veterans with big contracts and keep the youngsters. Justin Williams is hurt and you gave up one of the Kings top upcoming forwards and a high draft pick. For whatever reason Lombardi likes to go after guys that used to produce and are coming off injuries, see Handzus signing. His acquiitions of Preissing who is now in Manchester, Nagy, and Calder have not panned out. This is his 3rd year and the team has yet to make the playoffs. Since the kings are not making the payoffs in 2009, we should expect for Frolov and Kopitar to be gone during the draft, being traded for Nikoli Khabibulin and/or some other hasbin.

vCash
    i know my first reaction was WTF is lombardi doing. makes zero sense to me. hate to have a young guy who produces on the team

vCash
    agreed i was really suprised to see sully go i thought his new deal was affordable lik3yrs 9mil , and he is 24yrs old, worst part is carolina flipped him to edmonton so he can haunt us like 6 times a year

vCash
    Bad trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JUMPMANWALLY View Post
    agreed i was really suprised to see sully go i thought his new deal was affordable lik3yrs 9mil , and he is 24yrs old, worst part is carolina flipped him to edmonton so he can haunt us like 6 times a year
    No his contract i think was for 3 yrs at 4.5 mill a year. Williams is for 5 a year. But i think Lombardi did it to bring a Stanley Cup winner in here, to bring the precence of a sniper. And i don't know if you guys realize this but we have wayyy too many Centers.
    Kopitar
    Stoll
    Handzus
    Army

Minors
    Boyle
    Lewis

and again he used to be a 30 goal scorer he has a great shot and it's a huge risk but so was the Vish trade, and look how much we scored on that Green, and Stoll for a guy that sucked it up this year. Sulli will never be a 1st line center with the guys in front of him, so i feel this was a good trade it opens up for guys to get a chance to play like Purcell Moller, Lewis and to find the Sniper in our organization that we need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgersfan4ever View Post
    No his contract i think was for 3 yrs at 4.5 mill a year. Williams is for 5 a year. But i think Lombardi did it to bring a Stanley Cup winner in here, to bring the precence of a sniper. And i don't know if you guys realize this but we have wayyy too many Centers.
    Kopitar
    Stoll
    Handzus
    Army

Minors
    Boyle
    Lewis

and again he used to be a 30 goal scorer he has a great shot and it's a huge risk but so was the Vish trade, and look how much we scored on that Green, and Stoll for a guy that sucked it up this year. Sulli will never be a 1st line center with the guys in front of him, so i feel this was a good trade it opens up for guys to get a chance to play like Purcell Moller, Lewis and to find the Sniper in our organization that we need.

you do realize that you have to have 4 centers for 4 lines, and lewis and boyle are in the minors because they are not showing enough, boyle is waaaay to passive for a guy his size and lewis is about to miss the boat if he dosent turn it on quickly, the farms system is getting really deep and the their is top tier players comming up from the ohl
    Oh and sully's deal was 3yrs 8.775 mil thats only 2.95m per season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JUMPMANWALLY View Post
    you do realize that you have to have 4 centers for 4 lines, and lewis and boyle are in the minors because they are not showing enough, boyle is waaaay to passive for a guy his size and lewis is about to miss the boat if he dosent turn it on quickly, the farms system is getting really deep and the their is top tier players comming up from the ohl
    Oh and sully's deal was 3yrs 8.775 mil thats only 2.95m per season

I have realized that Boyle is way too calm he needs to learn to be a more physical player, and once he does that he is going to be a great center for years to come, he also needs to learn how to screen better. Good luck goelie's having Boyle out in front of you, trying to see the puck. And Lewis i thought looked good while he was up, and i really like his style he reminds me of a Doug Weight type of player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgersfan4ever View Post
    I have realized that Boyle is way too calm he needs to learn to be a more physical player, and once he does that he is going to be a great center for years to come, he also needs to learn how to screen better. Good luck goelie's having Boyle out in front of you, trying to see the puck. And Lewis i thought looked good while he was up, and i really like his style he reminds me of a Doug Weight type of player.
    haha I thought I was the only one who notice that

vCash
    wow who r we gonna trade next? does anyone have any ideas?