Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Corey Hart Upset with Brewer Fans

Philadelphia - You wouldn't know it from the way they played in a 6-3 loss to Philadelphia tonight, but Brewers rightfielder Corey Hart said the team feels looser in Citizens Bank Park than back home in Milwaukee.

Apparently, the Brewers were not pleased with all the booing they heard in Miller Park during their 3-7 home stand. Because they are still leading the wild card race, they thought it was out of line.

"Actually, it felt more like a home game than playing in Miller Park," said Hart, who has no home runs and two RBI this month. "We didn't hear the boos that we sometimes here at home. That's the way it goes. Everybody's expecting (the team) to win. I guess they have a reason to be frustrated because we haven't been winning.

"It's not a lack of hustle or effort. A guy makes an error, a guy strikes out and you hear your home town booing you. It makes you ready to get out of there and go somewhere else for awhile. I think we're all looser here."

I'm guessing those comments won't go over big back home with the Brewers fans, who voted Hart onto the NL all-star team in that "Final Vote" online balloting.

Hart has to be the first player ever to suggest it's a better fan climate in Philly than elsewhere. And, if the Brewers truly are looser on the road, they've got nine more games on this trip to prove it.

With Houston and Philly bearing down on them in the wild-card race, it would be a good time to translate that looseness into some victories.
    Hmmm well if you wouldn't go from one of the most dominating teams in the MLB to a joke of a team in the last few weeks that forgot how to hit then it might be different. I know teams go through rough times, but what do you expect from fans who haven't seen their team in the playoffs since 82' (most fans haven't seen them in the playoffs at all) and don't want to see a playoff spot slip away late in the season two years in a row.

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brew Crew View Post
    Hmmm well if you wouldn't go from one of the most dominating teams in the MLB to a joke of a team in the last few weeks that forgot how to hit then it might be different. I know teams go through rough times, but what do you expect from fans who haven't seen their team in the playoffs since 82' (most fans haven't seen them in the playoffs at all) and don't want to see a playoff spot slip away late in the season two years in a row.
    I think this article is also written by a Philadelphia reporter isnt it? Dont you think they are just trying to stir the pot a little bit?
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcup View Post
    I think this article is also written by a Philadelphia reporter isnt it? Dont you think they are just trying to stir the pot a little bit?
    The "Philadelphia" at the beginning is just the place the article was written from, not necessarily the writer of the article's hometown

vCash
    We have the most mentally fragile players ever. Seriously, cry about it some more. If you want it to stop, play better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big E
    you over rate OBP. especially for the White Sox who leave countless in scoring position. RBI is a way more important stat then OBP anyday.

vCash
    Boo Hoo Corey Hart.. maybe you better wear your sunglasses at night if you cant handle the bright lights

What is up with these guys and why is Yost sitting there with his finger in his butt

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthsideJohn View Post
    Boo Hoo Corey Hart.. maybe you better wear your sunglasses at night if you cant handle the bright lights

What is up with these guys and why is Yost sitting there with his finger in his butt
    Because Nost always sits there with his finger in his butt. That is what he gets paid to do i guess.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    When the guy needs a pitcher out of the pen, or a pinch hitter, he takes off his hat and puts names in it. Then he shuffles it around picks a name out of the hat, and gives the call.

vCash
    In Corey's quote, they wrote the players here boos at home instead of what it should've been: hear. I don't know how credible this source is.

vCash
    Tom H. and Anthony something or other write blogs on JSOnline...They are credible, they might just make a small error here and there.

vCash
    I get what he is saying but I also wish he would stop whining.

The fans seem to be booing a lot this year for everything BUT on the other hand if the Brewers would actually play like they want to win maybe they wouldnt hear so many boos. You cant have a homestand where Braun, Fielder and Hart, the heart of your order playing like crap

vCash
    I love it when players whine about a 3 letter word. What do you expect when you go 3-7? Especially in September the year after you failed to make the playoffs despite leading the division for a good amount of time. Players don't understand that the same anger and disappointment they feel from losing is worse for the fans because they have no say in the game and can't tell that a certain player or the team as a whole is giving it their best. While the players can go out and play another game to try and get the bad taste of a loss out of their mouth, booing is a way to vent that same frustration for the fans.

"Actually, it felt more like a home game than playing in Miller Park,"
    This quote is so ironic, because Hart fails to point out how many Brewers fans there were at the game. I went to the game on Thursday and there was a pretty good amount of Milwaukee fans there. It was the most fans of the opposing team I've seen at a game that wasn't against the Mets, Yankees or Red Sox.

Not to mention that the fans he's criticizing voted him into th ASG when he was against players from some of the biggest markets in the league.

vCash
    This is all god darn NED YOST"S fault. That dumb manager, is so fricken soft! NED YOST i wont yell at my players, i wont go argue a call! because i am a soft fragile piece of junk manager. Ned is soft on his players. He probably never critizes them or gets on them when they play like a Corey Hart! so when a player takes a little ridicule. He cant handle it! AKA Corey Hart.

Suck it up Corey and the Brewers. People get booed all the time.

I am not by any means saying i like the guy or think he has played well for us.

But look at Eric Gange. Anytime that guy touches a ball we all panic and let the boos rain down on him. Does he go to the media and complain?????? Nope! Gange said something like I am a major league ball player and need to perform much better, fans are entitled to boo me when i play like that. said that earlier this season when he was still our closer blowing saves.

You wanna know why gange is like that. Because he is mentally tougher! mentally tougher than some of our soft players like Corey Hart!

SUCK IT UP! SHUT UP! and start winning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by APmvp28 View Post
    But look at Eric Gange. Anytime that guy touches a ball we all panic and let the boos rain down on him. Does he go to the media and complain?????? Nope! Gange said something like I am a major league ball player and need to perform much better, fans are entitled to boo me when i play like that.
    Yeah, easy for any ******* who gets $10 million for a year of blowing games away....But really, atleast from what he says, he does sound like a pro so that's good...I just wish he played like it.
    Last edited by ******2017; 09-14-2008 at 12:17 AM. Reason: fixed quoting

vCash
    boo hoo baby. Why don't you swing your bat
    :cry: baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackCrewBuckBad View Post
    Why don't you swing your bat
    I prefer he keeps it on his shoulder more with all the crap that he swings at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big E
    you over rate OBP. especially for the White Sox who leave countless in scoring position. RBI is a way more important stat then OBP anyday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast