Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Official Plan B for Cubs, Stros IS Miller Park

Miller Park is being considered as a solid Plan B should the Houston Astros and Chicago Cubs not find a way to play their hurricane-postponed series at Minute Maid Park this weekend.

I got it confirmed from a Brewers official that MLB and the Astros and Cubs are discussing options, including playing the series at Miller Park. The Astros originally balked when that idea was suggested Thursday because Houston recognizes the switch would in essence give the Cubs three home games at "Wrigley Field North."

But, if they can't figure out a way to squeeze these games in at Minute Maid Park on Sunday and Monday, MLB doesn't want them to be made up after the season. That would push the NL playoffs back several days.

If that series is moved to Miller Park, there would be a game later in the day Sunday and a doubleheader on Monday. And you can bet Cubs fans would flock from Illinois to attend those games.

The logistics would be tough but the Brewers did this in April 2007 when Cleveland and Los Angeles moved a snowed-out series to Milwaukee on very short notice. So the Brewers know how to pull this off.

A decision is expected to be announced, one way or another, by Saturday afternoon. Houston would love to play the sold-out games at home but might have to concede to coming to Milwaukee.

The irony of such a switch would be rich. The Brewers are trying to catch the Cubs in the NL Central and the Astros are trying to catch the Brewers in the wild-card race.

So, if Brewers fans go to the games, will you root against both teams? Somebody has to win.
    JSOnline

Now these I would have to go to. The Seattle, Cleveland games were hilarious. Best waves, booing for each team, not to mention these games involve the team in front of us and behind us. Who would everybody boo?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brew Crew View Post
    JSOnline

Now these I would have to go to. The Seattle, Cleveland games were hilarious. Best waves, booing for each team, not to mention these games involve the team in front of us and behind us. Who would everybody boo?
    If i were you, I would boo the Astros because they are breathing down your backs in the Wild Card

ONE GOAL ACHIEVED!
    1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013

vCash
    Id boo both of them so in the end id be happy either way
    Last edited by jtrinaldi; 09-13-2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: spelt a word wrong

vCash
    The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced tonight that two of this weekend's scheduled games between the Chicago Cubs and the Houston Astros, which had been scheduled to be played at Minute Maid Park in Houston, have been moved to Milwaukee's Miller Park due to the effects of Hurricane Ike.

The games will be played at 7:05 p.m. Central Time on Sunday evening and 1:05 p.m. Central Time on Monday afternoon. The Astros will be the home club. The third game of the series, if necessary, will be played in Houston on Monday, September 29th.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releas...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

ONE GOAL ACHIEVED!
    1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013

vCash
    Hey I'm going to the game tomorrow (it's cheaper than a Cubs home game) any tips and hints about Miller park I should know? I've never been up there...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    Park in the prefferred parking unless you really enjoy walking. The earlier you get there the easier it is to get out. Eat at Fridays unless you are tailgating. I don't know what they are going to do this time but last time (for the Angels-Indians game) they ran out of buns for hot dogs/sausages so if you are eating before the game, not tailgating or going to eat at Fridays head to he concession stand early. Enjoy your time in Wisconsin.
    Thanks for the tips! Yeah, I plan on getting there uber early and putzing around. I've got leftover pizza for the journey north and I'll venture to try some of the stadium food when I get there. I was pretty wary of those budget parking spots being about a mile away, so I'll pay the extra $8.00. I'm used to only paying about $4.00 to get to Wrigley (not including the train, but I'm not including gas to get to Miller *shudder*).

vCash
    The $10 parking isn't that far away. I park there all the time and it's fine. Preferred parking isn't worth the extra $8 imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big E
    you over rate OBP. especially for the White Sox who leave countless in scoring position. RBI is a way more important stat then OBP anyday.

vCash
    I went to the Indians games. I don't get why anyone who isn't a fan of either team would boo at all. Why they are AL not rivals at all go as a fan of baseball.