28. You may not vote on this poll
  • BoneThugs N Harmony

8 28.57%
  • NWA

20 71.43%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooper View Post
    Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (2 members and 0 guests)
    Sooper

GregOden#1 =

HAHA! Seriously GO#1 answer the DAMN QUESTION!

vCash
    Again, avoiding the question and give me an answer. Spit it out!
    I will if you promise never to post on PSD again. Deal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CHief_0_o_Wahoo View Post
    HAHA! Seriously GO#1 answer the DAMN QUESTION!
    He's scared.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregOden#1 View Post
    I will if you promise never to post on PSD again. Deal?
    You're like right now. I can't believe you bro, you can't answer a simple question. Hiding in the internet forum is your choice but it's funny when the supposed king of these forums can't answer why he's .

vCash
    He's scared.

You're like right now. I can't believe you bro, you can't answer a simple question. Hiding in the internet forum is your choice but it's funny when the supposed king of these forums can't answer why he's .
    Pot calls the kettle black. Kettle puts pot on ignore.

vCash

vCash
    You can't answer a simple question, well that proves my point you're not a straight forward person.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CHief_0_o_Wahoo View Post
    Sooper =

GO#1 =

vCash
    I didn't even see PE's thread, not that I'd vote either way because all these vs. battles are ********, but using these polls as some sort of a way to gauge how good these groups are is pretty idiotic. Not only are you asking people who from what I've seen (and from what the polls have indicated) know next to nothing about rap music (just look at some of the people posting here, "all the wu-tang solo albums are hit or miss", "NWA and the posse is a classic rap album" as some examples) but you're also making absolutely ******** comparisons (which many people have pointed out so I wont bother doing it again).
    Is that a shot at me? I don't mean to be a jerk, but if we go back and ask people who have listened to rap since before 2000 I am pretty sure the LARGE majority will say most of the solo Wu stuff is nothing special. The fact that your are trying so hard to push it shows just how little you know about rap. The Wu is a solid band. Step outside of this forum and into the real world and people will tell you they are no where near the best rap band ever. I can name 10 rap bands off the top of my head that have done more for rap and were better. Quit crying they lost. Not everyone agrees on topics. Thats the point of debate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve View Post
    Is that a shot at me? I don't mean to be a jerk, but if we go back and ask people who have listened to rap since before 2000 I am pretty sure the LARGE majority will say most of the solo Wu stuff is nothing special. The fact that your are trying so hard to push it shows just how little you know about rap. The Wu is a solid band. Step outside of this forum and into the real world and people will tell you they are no where near the best rap band ever. I can name 10 rap bands off the top of my head that have done more for rap and were better. Quit crying they lost. Not everyone agrees on topics. Thats the point of debate.
    The LARGE majority you say?

OBCL:
    RapReviews 10/10
    The Source 5/5 (Back when Mics were accurate)
    AMG 5/5
    Robert Christgau A-
    5 stars from Amazon (based on 181 reviews, 168 of which are 5 star)
    Pitchfork Media Best Album of the 90's (one of only 16 rap albums to make that list)

Tical, Return to the 36 both had very much the same reviews as Liquid Swords and OBCL, although not as much. Both are regarded as classics, that should be obvious. Both Ironman and Supreme Clientele (Supreme moreso) got amazing reviews, EVERYBODY agreed that they were excellent rap albums.

Compare that to NWA's albums. The only review I have for NWA and the Posse (apart from unprofessional reviews) is from AMG and they gave them 3 stars. Efil4zaggin got 3 and a half stars from AMG, 2 from Rolling Stone. And you cant argue that these are mainstream critics that dont like NWA, but Straight Outta Compton was ate up by them.

Look, if you dont like the Wu-Tang clan, go ahead, but dont talk **** like they arent arguably the greatest hip hop group of all time, because almost everybody disagrees.

vCash

OBCL:
    RapReviews 10/10
    AMG 5/5
    Robert Christgau A-
    Pitchfork Media Best Album of the 90's (one of only 16 rap albums to make that list)

Tical, Return to the 36 both had very much the same reviews as Liquid Swords and OBCL, although not as much. Both are regarded as classics, that should be obvious. Both Ironman and Supreme Clientele (Supreme moreso) got amazing reviews, EVERYBODY agreed that they were excellent rap albums.

Compare that to NWA's albums. The only review I have for NWA and the Posse (apart from unprofessional reviews) is from AMG and they gave them 3 stars. Efil4zaggin got 3 and a half stars from AMG, 2 from Rolling Stone. And you cant argue that these are mainstream critics that dont like NWA, but Straight Outta Compton was ate up by them.

Look, if you dont like the Wu-Tang clan, go ahead, but dont talk **** like they arent arguably the greatest hip hop group of all time, because almost everybody disagrees.
    Here you go again looking everything up on the internet. You find a piece that supports your supposed logic and you try to make it seem like it's correct. I figured why you're hiding all the time, it's because you don't have an opinion without googling something from the net. That's pathetic bro and I stand by claim you can't learn everything about hip hop over a computer. Like Tupac said some nerdy kid buys a cassette (Hip Hop 101) and he thinks he knows it all.

vCash

OBCL:
    RapReviews 10/10
    AMG 5/5
    Robert Christgau A-

This is hilarious.

#1 - I like Wu and said I readily agree they are one of the best rap bands ever. Maybe if you read this thread and other threads recently dealing with them instead of flying of the handle and making yourself look like a jerk you would have seen I said that.

#2 - You put down all the reviews you can find. Its kinda pointless. Find me a list of the greatest rap albums that has anything by the Wu over Straight Outta Compton. I'll except solo or band as long as it is a real source. You list the reviews for Wu solo albums and then admit you can't find any professional reviews for NWA. So that kinda makes the comparrison pointless doesn't it?

#3 - If the Wu was "arguably the greatest hip hop group of all time" they would have won the vote. So I guess almost everyone doesn't disagree with me. They didn't win. Deal with it.
    Last edited by BigSteve; 09-07-2008 at 11:47 PM.

vCash
    Also, I gotta know Greg. How old are you?

vCash
    This is hilarious.

#1 - I like Wu and said I readily agree they are one of the best rap bands ever. Maybe if you read this thread and other threads recently dealing with them instead of flying of the handle and making yourself look like a jerk you would have seen I said that.
    When you say "all the solo records other than Liquid Swords are hit or miss" I seriously question wether you're a fan of rap, or just plainly not a Wu-Tang clan fan, which is understandable, since they arent easy to get into. Just dont call them overrated unless you like them.

#2 - You put down all the reviews you can find. Its kinda pointless. Find me a list of the greatest rap albums that has anything by the Wu over Straight Outta Compton. I'll except solo or band as long as it is a real source. You list the reviews for Wu solo albums and then admit you can't find any professional reviews for NWA. So that kinda makes the comparrison pointless doesn't it?
    I can only find professional reviews for Straight Outta Compton (other than AMG), and the ones at wiki for Efil4Zaggin but that's their only good album as a group.

http://www.hiddentracktv.com/2008/05...-debating.html
    http://www.epinions.com/content_5003780228 (Wu-Tang ahead of NWA)

I coudn't find many other lists that weren't blogs/lists by random person. And I'm sure you can find lists that say the opposite, I never said it wasn't debatable, but saying they are overrated is ridiculous.

#3 - If the Wu was "arguably the greatest hip hop group of all time" they would have won the vote. So I guess almost everyone doesn't disagree with me. They didn't win. Deal with it.
    I'm not some super Wu fan, stop trying to make me out as one. Out of the 350+ albums I own I think 9 of those are Wu-Tang albums, including affiliates it's I think 12. I have all the best NWA albums including solo, and to say Wu-Tang, which have had more success critically over a greater period of time, isn't even close or that they're overrated is ridiculous. There's ALOT of ignorant rap fans on this site, and I REALLY dont care what they think, especially when it comes to polls.

vCash
    Wow, I'm surprised he answered you. Now ask him why he's always hiding. I bet he doesn't answer that one.

vCash
    So it would be safe to say when NWA was in their prime and having a huge effect on the landscape of music you were still in diapers? I lived through that generation and all people talked about was NWA, whether they were people that listened to rap or not. Also, all those early 90's bands that have a career because of what NWA did will say without flinching that if it wasn't for NWA they would have never had a career. NWA and PE opened the doors for rap acts that weren't making music for people to dance too. Like I said, I like the Wu but they have never changed the landscape of music the way NWA did. Thats why I say they are more influential. Its easy to argue it if you didn't live during the generation where it all happened.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast