Wild training camp set to open Sept. 20
Minnesota Wild President and General Manager Doug Risebrough today announced the National Hockey League (NHL) club will officially open its 2008 training camp presented by Wells Fargo on Saturday, Sept. 20 at 10:00 a.m. at Ralph Engelstad Arena in Grand Forks, N.D.

The club also announced its training camp roster and schedule today.

The Wild’s training camp roster currently consists of 39 players, with possible additions coming from players participating in the 2008 NHL 6Centre I.C.E. Prospects Tournament in Traverse City, Mich., Sept. 13-17.

Player medical examinations will take place on Sept. 19 followed by the start of training camp on Sept. 20.

Minnesota’s preseason schedule consists of seven games, including three home contests at Xcel Energy Center, and four road matches.

Preseason tickets are on sale now at the Xcel Energy Center Box Office (175 West Kellogg Boulevard) and all Ticketmaster (www.ticketmaster.com) locations or charge by calling Ticketmaster at (651) 989-5151.

Single game tickets for the 2008-09 regular season will go on sale Saturday, Sept. 20.

Training camp is not open to the general public.

MORE: "All the guys All the guys playing in Traverse are fighting tooth and nail and doing whatever they can to get noticed playing in Traverse are fighting tooth and nail and doing whatever just to get noticed ... It's really physical and intense and that's something I enjoy. It's really physical and intense and that's something I enjoy " -- Cal Clutterbuck to NHL.com (click here for the full story)

Code:
Date                	Opponent            	Location             	Time (CDT)
Wednesday, Sept. 24 	Columbus Blue Jackets 	Xcel Energy Center 	7 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 26 	Chicago Blackhawks 	United Center      	7:30 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 28 	Buffalo Sabres     	HSBC Arena         	6 p.m.
Tuesday, Sept. 30 	Chicago Blackhawks 	Xcel Energy Center 	7 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 1 	Buffalo Sabres     	Xcel Energy Center 	7 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 3      	Columbus Blue Jackets 	Nationwide Arena 	6 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 4 	Montreal Canadiens 	Bell Centre          	6 p.m.