Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Red Sox

14 60.87%
  • Phillies

9 39.13%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Sox or Phillies

The Mets and Rays are currently 3 game up in their divisions. Which second place team has a better chance to win their division? The World Champion Boston Red Sox or the team that upset the team that is currently in front of them last year in the last month, The Philadelphia Phillies?
    [CENTER][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]
    Visit ***************** for all your Mets news.
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28

[LEFT][IMG]

Phillies, the Mets suck
    On Dan Bylsma:

I can remember being on such a perch, or at least trying to climb over the boards to get at somebody to make a point. And I thought Dan Bylsma should have taken off his skirt and gone over there.

Red Sox, the Rays have too many key injuries and no experience in these kinda situations.

Masahiro Tanaka 2016 Stats:

Wins 13 | Losses 4 | 193.2 IPs | 34 Walks | 160 Strikeouts | 2.97 ERA | 1.06 WHIP

Phillies

I don't think the Rays will falter too much with Kazmir, Shields, and Garza.

2 words. Josh Beckett. If he's fully healthy its the Sox. W/o him its a toss up, IMO.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

Phillies. Not being a homer... Rays are just playing amazing...And Phillies got a 3 game series coming up this week against the Mets, a chance to tie it up.
    Kyle Kendrick sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by AirJordanXVIII View Post
    Phillies. Not being a homer... Rays are just playing amazing...And Phillies got a 3 game series coming up this week against the Mets, a chance to tie it up.
    Not really. On the verge of getting swept by the Yanks.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

Red Sox, they are on a roll right now. This is September and they are more experienced at this. The Rays are on the verge of being swept at home by the Yankees.

2 words. Josh Beckett. If he's fully healthy its the Sox
    Yup if he is the Josh Beckett of last year, they become even more dangerous

The Phillies I am not sure about, they havent been playing that well lately. The Mets seem like they wont let what happened last year happen again

Probably the Sox. I don't think the Phillies will catch up to the Mets, and the Red Sox are on a roll, and with Lowell and Beckett coming back tomorrow, the team just got a whole lot better.

I mean, personally, the Red Sox are the better team. But the team that is more likely to catch their opponents and win their East would have to be the Phillies. I just don't see the Rays faltering, whereas, I think the Mets potentially could.

However, I think both the Rays and Mets hold on to win it.

Whoa close vote so far. 6-6. I think the phillies have no chance so I voted for the sox.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = Rebuild Mode! Love my fellow Faithful
    Warriors = 2015 & 2017 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    A's = The young talent is here!
    WINNING!

The Red Sox are much better because they have the pitching that can shut down the bats of the Phillies.

The Phillies have two good/great SP's, but I don't see Jamie Moyer holding up vs. the Red Sox potent lineup.

I would say the Sox becuase they are an experienced playoff team where as the Rays aren't. They both have injuries but what it sounds like is that Beckett is coming back soon. But after last year I can never rule out the Phillies. But The Phillies bullpen is starting collapse, Utley has slowed down a lot and the Mets do have an easier schedule. If the Mets win this series then the Phillies will be 4 or 6 games back. I don't think the Mets want what happen last year to happen again so I think they are going to play every game as hard as they can. Plus I really don't trust the Ray lol. My vote goes to the Red Sox.
    [CENTER][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]
    Visit ***************** for all your Mets news.
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28

[LEFT][IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylee722 View Post
    I would say the Sox becuase they are an experienced playoff team where as the Rays aren't. They both have injuries but what it sounds like is that Beckett is coming back soon.
    Beckett will return tonight pitching against the Rangers, he probably will only pitch about 5 innings though

it will come down to the Phillies/Mets series this weekend and the two more series Red Sox/Rays play each other

Quote Originally Posted by IndiansFan337 View Post
    The Red Sox are much better because they have the pitching that can shut down the bats of the Phillies.

The Phillies have two good/great SP's, but I don't see Jamie Moyer holding up vs. the Red Sox potent lineup.
    What does this have to do with anything? It's not who would win against each other the PHillies or the Red Sox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast