Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Week 2: ACC Game Thread and Predictions

Game Thread and Predictions

Saturday, September 6th

12:00 PM EST - Georgia Tech @ Boston College

Prediction:
    I think this is going to be a great game between 2 very solid football teams. Tech is going to be running the ball a lot so it's a good thing that BC has a very good defense. Boston College wins 20-17

1:30 PM EST - Furman @ Virginia Tech

Prediction: This is going to be a great week for Virginia Tech to work out the kinks against a less then stellar opponent Virginia Tech rolls 41-10

3:30 PM EST - Mississippi @ #20 Wake Forest

Prediction: Wake Forest better beat this middle of the pack SEC. If they don't its just going to bring more bad publicity for the ACC Wake Forest wins 28-17

3:30 PM EST - Citadel @ Clemson

Prediction: Clemson O-Line and Linebackers are going to look great in this game no matter what, so we won't learn anything about them. Clemson wins 52-9

3:30 PM EST - Richmond @ Virginia

Prediction:Virginia had a tough week against USC but i think they will rebound nicely and prove that they are a solid team. UVA wins 31-16

6:00 PM EST - Western Carolina @ Florida State

Prediction: Florida State has had a terrible offseason and i truly think that will affect them in this game. However, its a good thing that they are playing Western Carolina Florida State wins 38-13

6:00 PM EST - William & Mary @ North Carolina State

Prediction - NC State had a tough week against South Carolina but i think they will rebound nicely against William & Mary NC State wins 21-10

7:00 PM EST - Northwestern @ Duke

Prediction: Duke suprised me last week when they beat James Madison, but i can't imagine that they will win 2 games in a row. Northwestern wins 21-17

7:00 PM EST - Maryland @ Middle Tennessee

Prediction: I'm sorry Maryland fans, but they just arent very good this year. However, Tenn State isn't that great of the team and i think Maryland will squeeze out a win...again Maryland wins 20-10

8:00 PM EST - Miami @ #5 Florida

Prediction:I honestly think Miami is a much improved team this year but i'm not sure if they are going to be able to compete with Florida. If they do then its a plus for ACC Football Florida wins 38-20

Hughest4 season record: 7-4

We should keep a running tab on who picks the most correct games. At the end of the season we will see which of us knows ACC Football the best.
    Last edited by hughest4; 09-03-2008 at 08:03 PM.
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    You have Wake Forest on there twice, and Maryland plays Middle Tennessee State, not Tennessee State. Not that it matters, but its a different team.

I am really interested in what Maryland will do at quarterback. The only problem we have is QB. And its a bad one.

vCash
    GT @ BC: BC wins 24-20

Furman @ Virginia Tech: VT wins 31-16

Mississippi @ #20 Wake Forest: Wake wins 24-13

Citadel @ Clemson: Clemson bounces back and wins 45-21

Richmond @ Virginia: VA wins 27-17

Western Carolina @ Florida State: FSU wins 30-20

William & Mary @ North Carolina State: North Carolina wins 21-20

Northwestern @ Duke: NW wins 27-24

Maryland @ Tennessee State: Maryland wins 31-14

Miami @ #5 Florida: Miami makes some headway and wins 35-32...just kidding...UF wins 31-17

My prediction season record: 0-0 (didn't do them last week)

vCash
    GT @ BC: GT wins 23-21

Furman @ Virginia Tech: VT wins 38-17

Mississippi @ #20 Wake Forest: Wake wins 31-13

Citadel @ Clemson: Clemson wins 59-10

Richmond @ Virginia: VA wins 31-10

Western Carolina @ Florida State: FSU wins 41-17

William & Mary @ North Carolina State: William & Mary wins 24-20

Northwestern @ Duke: Duke wins 13-10

Maryland @ Middle Tennessee State: Maryland wins 34-10

Last week: 0-0
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    GT @ BC: BC wins 31-17

Furman @ Virginia Tech: VT wins 42-3

Mississippi @ #20 Wake Forest: Wake wins 21-6

Citadel @ Clemson: Clemson wins 66-14

Richmond @ Virginia: VA wins 24-10

Western Carolina @ Florida State: FSU wins 30-13

William & Mary @ North Carolina State: North Carolina wins 35-9

Northwestern @ Duke: NW wins 21-17

Maryland @ Tennessee State: Maryland wins 35-7

Miami @ #5 Florida: Closer than expected, Florida wins 42-35

vCash
    Duke is going to win the ACC!
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Duke is going to win the ACC!
    agreed.

vCash
    obviously duke wins the ACC.
    after beating james madison, the ACC teams should be a piece of cake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    obviously duke wins the ACC.
    after beating james madison, the ACC teams should be a piece of cake
    There is no one that can stop their fury.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    There is no one that can stop their fury.
    Yeah, they did beat James ****ing Madison. Strong team to beat...

I am really excited for the Maryland game. Want to see if the 2 back punch works effectively again. And hopefully Heyward Bey has another good game. The most important thing: Find stability at quarterback... Steffy needs to go, and if Turner wants to start, he needs to be able to be a 2 td passer every game. I'm not really sure what Portis can do as far as throwing, but i'd like to see him in the mix a little more this game. Running options, and throwing a few passes. That way everytime he comes out, people are not ready for him to run every time.

vCash
    Meh, perfect... just perfect.

A hurricane coming through on the weekend. Probably going to knock power out for a couple days. If i miss either saturday or sundays worth of football, i'm going ****ing postal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    Yeah, they did beat James ****ing Madison. Strong team to beat...

I am really excited for the Maryland game. Want to see if the 2 back punch works effectively again. And hopefully Heyward Bey has another good game. The most important thing: Find stability at quarterback... Steffy needs to go, and if Turner wants to start, he needs to be able to be a 2 td passer every game. I'm not really sure what Portis can do as far as throwing, but i'd like to see him in the mix a little more this game. Running options, and throwing a few passes. That way everytime he comes out, people are not ready for him to run every time.
    They need to really take advantage of the games like this because its the best time to improve as a team. I think the running game will be a strong point for you guys and i agree that Chris Turner should be starting..at least showed something last year. Is your RB Meggett related to Ex-NFL player Dave Meggett? His son possibly?

BTW, i'm going to BC/Maryland on Nov 29. Should be fun
    Last edited by hughest4; 09-06-2008 at 01:30 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Game Thread and Predictions

Saturday, September 6th

12:00 PM EST - Georgia Tech @ Boston College

Prediction:
    I think this is going to be a great game between 2 very solid football teams. Tech is going to be running the ball a lot so it's a good thing that BC has a very good defense. Boston College wins 20-17

1:30 PM EST - Furman @ Virginia Tech

Prediction: This is going to be a great week for Virginia Tech to work out the kinks against a less then stellar opponent Virginia Tech rolls 41-10

3:30 PM EST - Mississippi @ #20 Wake Forest

Prediction: Wake Forest better beat this middle of the pack SEC. If they don't its just going to bring more bad publicity for the ACC Wake Forest wins 28-17

3:30 PM EST - Citadel @ Clemson

Prediction: Clemson O-Line and Linebackers are going to look great in this game no matter what, so we won't learn anything about them. Clemson wins 52-9

3:30 PM EST - Richmond @ Virginia

Prediction:Virginia had a tough week against USC but i think they will rebound nicely and prove that they are a solid team. UVA wins 31-16

6:00 PM EST - Western Carolina @ Florida State

Prediction: Florida State has had a terrible offseason and i truly think that will affect them in this game. However, its a good thing that they are playing Western Carolina Florida State wins 38-13

6:00 PM EST - William & Mary @ North Carolina State

Prediction - NC State had a tough week against South Carolina but i think they will rebound nicely against William & Mary NC State wins 21-10

7:00 PM EST - Northwestern @ Duke

Prediction: Duke suprised me last week when they beat James Madison, but i can't imagine that they will win 2 games in a row. Northwestern wins 21-17

7:00 PM EST - Maryland @ Middle Tennessee

Prediction: I'm sorry Maryland fans, but they just arent very good this year. However, Tenn State isn't that great of the team and i think Maryland will squeeze out a win...again Maryland wins 20-10

8:00 PM EST - Miami @ #5 Florida

Prediction:I honestly think Miami is a much improved team this year but i'm not sure if they are going to be able to compete with Florida. If they do then its a plus for ACC Football Florida wins 38-20

Hughest4 season record: 7-4

We should keep a running tab on who picks the most correct games. At the end of the season we will see which of us knows ACC Football the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    You have Wake Forest on there twice, and Maryland plays Middle Tennessee State, not Tennessee State. Not that it matters, but its a different team.

I am really interested in what Maryland will do at quarterback. The only problem we have is QB. And its a bad one.
    There is a considerable difference between MTSU and TSU. MTSU would probably beat TSU by 40+ points.

My predictions just for fun

Boston College 20 Georgia Tech 13

Virginia Tech 48 Furman 7

Wake Forrest 31 Ole Miss 17 (Ole Miss is bottom of the barrell SEC not even close to middle of the pack)

Clemson 55 Citadel 10

Virginia 33 Richmond 6

Florida State 34 Western Carolina 10

NC State 30 William and Mary 3

Northwestern 24 Duke 14

Maryland 28 MTSU 17

Florida 48 Miami 20

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    They need to really take advantage of the games like this because its the best time to improve as a team. I think the running game will be a strong point for you guys and i agree that Chris Turner should be starting..at least showed something last year. Is your RB Meggett related to Ex-NFL player Dave Meggett? His son possibly?

BTW, i'm going to BC/Maryland on Nov 29. Should be fun
    Yeah, i just looked it up on wiki, hes Dave Meggetts son.

vCash
    Man, i a have a feeling that this Georgia Tech/BC is going go be close the whole time...and these are the types of games that give me a heart attack. BC has looked pretty solid on offense but the defense really needs to step up against the pass. We aren't going to run up the score on a lot of teams so we need to keep it as low scoring as possible

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast