Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

ACC Week 1: USC @ UVA

I bring you the very first game thread of the year for college football.

Let the discussion commence.
    Last edited by BullsFan_1; 08-22-2008 at 09:32 PM.

vCash
    No way will Virginia win. Mikell Simpson won't be able to run at his full potential because of USC's dominant defense. Don't see the game being TOO high scoring, because both teams have pretty solid defenses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    No way will Virginia win. Mikell Simpson won't be able to run at his full potential because of USC's dominant defense. Don't see the game being TOO high scoring, because both teams have pretty solid defenses.
    USC's gonna roll in this game...

Peter Lalich is terrible...just terrible.

If some of UVA's better players had their heads on straight this offseason, I might have been tempted to say the Cavs could have made this an actual game for a half or so, but that is obviously hindsight now...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    USC's gonna roll in this game...

Peter Lalich is terrible...just terrible.

If some of UVA's better players had their heads on straight this offseason, I might have been tempted to say the Cavs could have made this an actual game for a half or so, but that is obviously hindsight now...

Yeah. Probably...

Not sure how USC is going to do in the passing game, but i CAN see Joe McKnight absolutely ripping the Cav's apart. I'm really interested in this game because i want to watch Ray Maualuga.

vCash
    Boooo....bad pick for Game of the Week(sexy game thread though) it should have been Clemson vs. Alabama to see if the Tigers are the real deal or not. Usually the game of the week is a game that could be close but i can't see that happening here. Virginia had a good year and has some nice pieces on that team but if i remember correctly haven't had the best offseason. USC is a top team in the country and they will show it this week.

USC - 41
    UVA - 10
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Boooo....bad pick for Game of the Week(sexy game thread though) it should have been Clemson vs. Alabama to see if the Tigers are the real deal or not. Usually the game of the week is a game that could be close but i can't see that happening here. Virginia had a good year and has some nice pieces on that team but if i remember correctly haven't had the best offseason. USC is a top team in the country and they will show it this week.

USC - 41
    UVA - 10
    Yeah, I forgot about the Clemson game...but there really isnt much to choose from for week 1.

You can still make a game thread for it though.

vCash
    Yeah, I forgot about the Clemson game...but there really isnt much to choose from for week 1.

You can still make a game thread for it though.
    Yeah tell me about it. I love that College Football is finally starting back up but i hate the fact that basically every game seems to be a blowout for the first few weeks. I love when the conference games finally start taking place. I could make a game thread for it, and i might, but it will be traditional and no where near as beautiful as yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Yeah tell me about it. I love that College Football is finally starting back up but i hate the fact that basically every game seems to be a blowout for the first few weeks. I love when the conference games finally start taking place. I could make a game thread for it, and i might, but it will be traditional and no where near as beautiful as yours
    Haha, thats okay...not everybody can be as great as I.

(joking)

vCash
    Haha, thats okay...not everybody can be as great as I.
    That is indeed a true statement and i think i will make a Clemson game thread in the next couple days when i get some time. I'm actually very excited to see how dominant USC is going to be in this game. I usually root for ACC teams but this USC team is going to be something special, IMO

vCash
    I forsee slaughter...and lilach with an ints party

vCash
    I think USC's defense will be dominant against a not so good UVA offense

USC-42
    UVA-10

vCash
    Blowout with or without Sanchez
    Props to pheagles 10 and phins1983

vCash
    Is it time for the ACC to make a statement?

vCash
    LOS ANGELES -- On Tuesday, USC quarterback Mark Sanchez officially was cleared by doctors to play this weekend against Virginia.

That much reassured coach Pete Carroll. What did not was Sanchez's practice on Tuesday, when he threw two interceptions during the team's final scrimmage drill.

"There's some rust in there and we've got to hopefully get him clean by the weekend," Carroll said.

Sanchez said the interceptions occurred because of a little carelessness, too much adrenaline after officially being cleared by doctors, and good defensive play, adding that he "felt as close to 100 percent as I've felt in a long time."
    -ESPN

So it looks like Sanchez will be able to play, but will he be able to shake off the rust in time?

vCash
    Oh god, i think this is going to be a long, long day for UVA. On the first drive the USC defense totally shut them down, and then on offense they drove down the field easily. That trio of McKnight,Gable, and Johnson is going to end up being even better then the duo of Bush/White.

USC leads 7-0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast