2 20.00%
  • Brantley

4 40.00%
  • Green

2 20.00%
  • Lucroy

2 20.00%
    vCash

Post The Sabathia PTBNL.....who would you want?

So it's coming up on time for the Indians to decide who the PTBNL is gonna be in from the CC deal. There's no definitive report on who they can choose from...but 4 names keep coming up so I'll list them. Of these four, who would you rather have or who do you think the Tribe should take?

Lorenzo Cain - AA, OF
    Michael Brantely - AA, OF
    Taylor Green - A, IF
    Johnathon Lucroy - A, C

vCash
    id take brantley. hes seems to have the best contact numbers which what id look for in a prospect. his power will develop later but the contact is something they have to show early.

Are you a Mexi-can or a Mexi-cant

Fan of:
    Phillies
    Eagles
    Flyers

vCash
    I want Taylor Green & I think that's who the Indians are looking hard at as well.

vCash
    Personally I don't think any are bad choices. I chose Cain as he's the best all-around athlete with the highest ceiling.....but we've all seen that doesn't always translate to big league success.

I've heard conflicting reports on who the Tribe wants. Originally it was said Green was the guy....but they wanted to see him play 2B....but he hasn't played a single inning there this year. Then I heard they were waiting to see on Brantley's injury and that he was the guy they wanted most. Cain was originally said to be completely off the table....then reporters started saying he was still in play and one of 4. Lucroy is kinda the wild card candidate. Tribe doesn't have a need for him....but catcher is the hardest spot to fill with young talent so stockpiling it isn't always a bad thing for future trades (especially if I'm right and Shoppach is traded this winter).

Hopefully we found out really soon who it is. Probably will have to wait til after the minor league playoffs though.

vCash
    Tribe just got a nice catching prospect in the Blake deal (Carlos Santana). So the need for a catcher is less (plus we have VMart and Shoppach in the bigs and Toregas and Giminez also in the minors...plus McBride if he gets healthy and back on track).

vCash
    Ryan Braun

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan9124 View Post
    Ryan Braun
    ray:

vCash
    I can guarantee that Cain won't be the PTBNL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big E
    you over rate OBP. especially for the White Sox who leave countless in scoring position. RBI is a way more important stat then OBP anyday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan729 View Post
    I can guarantee that Cain won't be the PTBNL.
    Is this because you don't think the Tribe will want him or that he's not even on the list?

What are the Milwaukee papers/writers saying about the PTBNL?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermie13 View Post
    Is this because you don't think the Tribe will want him or that he's not even on the list?

What are the Milwaukee papers/writers saying about the PTBNL?
    He's not on the list.

Our paper never writes anything on this kind of stuff. Far too much work for them. Hell, one of our beat writers was a prep columnist (and not a good one) before he got this job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big E
    you over rate OBP. especially for the White Sox who leave countless in scoring position. RBI is a way more important stat then OBP anyday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan729 View Post
    He's not on the list.

Our paper never writes anything on this kind of stuff. Far too much work for them. Hell, one of our beat writers was a prep columnist (and not a good one) before he got this job.
    Do you know that he's not on the list or just guessing/assuming?

Local papers in Cleveland have named him on the list as have some national writers (can't remember which it was.....Rosenthal or Olney I think).