Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mafia III

Mafia III

One of the best looking (under the radar) games I think to come out this fall. I reserved my copy after watching all the previews. Game looks really good.

Anyone else going to give this game a shot?

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

I'm stoked! Comes out on Friday! I have said it like 30 billion times already, but Mafia II is one of my top 5 games of all time.

I think once people start seeing it, and get the reviews, this game will explode.

One thing concerning about this game is that they aren't giving out review copies. No reviews until it's released.

Played about two hours of this game so far and I love it. The story is amazing! It's incredibly racist though....Like the most racist game/movie I've ever seen. They wanted the game to be authentic to the time period.

The soundtrack is unbelievable. So many good songs, and there's over 100 of them.

Super excited to pick this game up after work today. From everywhere I've been seeing people are in love with it so far. I really want to be immersed in this game. The time period, and the setting is so interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gdubbz View Post
    Super excited to pick this game up after work today. From everywhere I've been seeing people are in love with it so far. I really want to be immersed in this game. The time period, and the setting is so interesting to me.
    It's all about the story line man. It's a cinematic masterpiece. I find myself more excited for the cut scenes than the actual game play. The game play isn't anything special, but it's still a lot of fun. I've always loved the mob culture though.

I put the difficulty on medium and it's still pretty easy. I'd recommend putting it on hard.

Have you played this yet? What do you think?

I hear this is no multiplayer. I am kinda hesitant to drop 60$ on a game that just has campaign and complete in a week. I may just wait for black friday and get it then.

Quote Originally Posted by still1ballin View Post
    I hear this is no multiplayer. I am kinda hesitant to drop 60$ on a game that just has campaign and complete in a week. I may just wait for black friday and get it then.
    No multiplayer. Story is great though. Hopefully the next Mafia installment has MP.

I fell in love with Mafia 2 back in the day, so this purchase was a no brainer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Have you played this yet? What do you think?
    I'm roughly half way through the game.

I must say the game runs pretty roughly on the Xbox. The stretched 720p to upscale is not done very well. That being said the game is pretty good.

The game has a Assassins Creed kind of approach to some areas. I like the fact that you can be stealth, however there is not a decent enough variation to the stealth mechanic to make you want to fit that as a play style.

The driving mechanics are pretty decent, but not as smooth as I'd hope.

The main winner in this game is the story really. Its very interesting, but sometimes a bit hard to follow.

Other than that I wish the gameplay would be more diverse. There's essentially four types of missions which can make it feel a bit lackluster at times.

Do I have to play Mafia 1 and 2 first, or is this like GTA, where I could play any of the games, at any time, in any order?

Nah you can just play Mafia III. The main character from Mafia II is in Mafia III, but it doesn't do anything but give references to his past.

Games going back to Gamestop. Had some fun with it, but the repetitiveness to it was unbearable. Had high hopes for this game. Yet another shot to the gut.

Games going back to Gamestop. Had some fun with it, but the repetitiveness to it was unbearable. Had high hopes for this game. Yet another shot to the gut.
    You mean game play was too repetitive? Something tells me you'd be a Gears of War guy lol. This is a story based game so the story is phenomenal, but the game play lacks to an extent.

I do wish there was more variety in the missions, but the cold blooded murder of everyone involved in the Italian Mafia fits the narrative well imo. Personally I'll go and kill everyone just for the next cut scene.

I actually haven't played this in about a week because I've wanted to savor it. Once you beat it, it's over.

Killing or recruiting all the bosses got lame after a while. Rinse and repeat. They could of at least added two interrogate animations :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast