Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kinect?

vCash

Kinect?

So I got the XBOX One without the Kinect as a Christmas gift, along with a few games.

Thrilled with the system overall so far and I've been wondering if the Kinect is worth spending a few gift cards on.

In your opinion, is it a must have? How much does it add to the total One experience?

I'm all ears.

vCash
    If you used your kinect on the 360 (assuming you had one) it is definitely way better. Also it is very good if you hook it up through your tv (Xbox watch ESPN) is all you have to say and it will switch to that channel. I also use it fire skype too. If you play games like me and don't use it much, it isn't a must have.

vCash
    Yes. It's definitely worth it. makes things much simpler.

vCash
    I enjoy the kinect...I don't use it for games, but for other things it's super nice

vCash
    I'm thinking of picking up an xboxone. I'm torn about dropping the extra 100 for kinect. I think I may wait as of now and just get the 350 Xbox since it's going up to 400 jan 4th

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54:29451088
    I'm thinking of picking up an xboxone. I'm torn about dropping the extra 100 for kinect. I think I may wait as of now and just get the 350 Xbox since it's going up to 400 jan 4th
    I could be wrong but isn't the 350 one refurbished?
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash
    So much easier to say commands on the fly with the kinect.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Kinect is completely unnecessary to enjoy this next gen. It can make some stuff more efficient, voice commands are nice, but its not necessary at all either.

vCash
    I was an early adopter so I have it. I had a Kinect for 360, so I probably would've bought it regardless because I like voice navigation.

That said, don't bother unless you really think you'll like it. It offers pretty much nothing to gaming unless you like dancing games. The voice commands are amazing, but I don't know that it justifies dropping $100.

vCash
    Just picked up the 350 Xbox one with no kinect brand new. Down the line I may get kinect but now it's not really worth it. Picked up nhl,cod,forza and wwe 2k15.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Just picked up the 350 Xbox one with no kinect brand new. Down the line I may get kinect but now it's not really worth it. Picked up nhl,cod,forza and wwe 2k15.
    If you picked Forza Horizon 2, you won't be able to voice command the in game navigation system ANNA and she'll annoy the **** out of you with messages like "would you like to try out a challenge?", "are you there?". There's no way to remove those messages without shouting YES or NO at them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    If you picked Forza Horizon 2, you won't be able to voice command the in game navigation system ANNA and she'll annoy the **** out of you with messages like "would you like to try out a challenge?", "are you there?". There's no way to remove those messages without shouting YES or NO at them.
    I bought forza 5 but thanks for letting me know that. I Got a 50 dollar GameStop card coming so I'll probably use that toward a preowned kinect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdubbz View Post
    So much easier to say commands on the fly with the kinect.
    Once I got used to doing things without it, I don't really find it any easier to use it anymore, personally.

Only time I use my Kinect anymore is pausing/playing while watching Netflix/movies when I don't feel like reaching for my controller (and waiting for it to turn on).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    I bought forza 5 but thanks for letting me know that. I Got a 50 dollar GameStop card coming so I'll probably use that toward a preowned kinect.
    Forza 5 does have a use for kinect as well. you can turn on head tracking and the camera will change based on how your head moves. pretty cool in interior view.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHawk1123 View Post
    So I got the XBOX One without the Kinect as a Christmas gift, along with a few games.

Thrilled with the system overall so far and I've been wondering if the Kinect is worth spending a few gift cards on.

In your opinion, is it a must have? How much does it add to the total One experience?

I'm all ears.
    Only reason i'd want it is to say "Xbox record". But i'm in the preview beta and they now have a short cut of tapping the xbox home button twice and then x to record. So Kinect isn't worth a $100. Better off to use that money for external hard drive. I just bought a 1TB WD Elements external 3.0 USB hard drive this morning off of Amazon for $54.99.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast