Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Moreno looks to build on strong freshman season

ATHENS, Ga. (AP)óItís not enough to simply note that Knowshon Moreno had the second-most rushing yards for a Georgia freshman last season, trailing only Herschel Walkerís 1980 debut.

Thatís a strong bragging point for Moreno, but his big 2007 season merits comparisons not just to Walkerís freshman year.

Only two Georgia tailbacks have rushed for more yards than Morenoís 1,334 last season.

Morenoís freshman debut was better than any rushing total from Rodney Hampton, Musa Smith, Willie McClendon, Tim Worley or Terrell Davis, better than Thomas Brown, Lars Tate, Verron Haynes, Frank Sinkwich, Charley Trippi or Kevin McLee.

And Moreno rushed for all those yards and 14 touchdowns while sharing time with Brown, who started most of the season before being drafted by the Atlanta Falcons.

Now itís Morenoís year. Georgiaís tailback timeshare is no more.

Moreno is the No. 1 threat and undisputed No. 1 running back for No. 1 Georgia.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...v=ap&type=lgns

vCash
    Well he better be ready to carry this team because they are going to need him to. Even though they are still ranked so high in the preseason polls they have had a terrible offseason. I know that a bunch of guys have went down with injuries or have been suspended
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    I don't think Georgia stands a chance to win it all this year. If they do they definitely deserve it.

vCash
    Plus, He is going to be running behind a make-shift offensive line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    Plus, He is going to be running behind a make-shift offensive line.
    Makeshift?? True they lost Sturdivant but it takes more than one person to make a line. I like what Georgia has on offense But I truly LOVE what Georgia has on Defense! You have to score to beat Georgia and I do not believe that will be an easy task.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ESPNisBiased View Post
    Makeshift?? True they lost Sturdivant but it takes more than one person to make a line. I like what Georgia has on offense But I truly LOVE what Georgia has on Defense! You have to score to beat Georgia and I do not believe that will be an easy task.
    Every single player on Georgia's offensive line is playing a position that they have never played before.