Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Dragonforce's New Album: Ultra Beatdown

It just came out recently(this Tues).

Really nothing new same old stuff they always put out. Not really a bad thing. I don't think it is their best work though. The last track, Scars of Yesterday, is my favorite but it is still the same old. Wonder when they will change it up a little.

Thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    It just came out recently(this Tues).

Really nothing new same old stuff they always put out. Not really a bad thing. I don't think it is their best work though. The last track, Scars of Yesterday, is my favorite but it is still the same old. Wonder when they will change it up a little.

Thoughts?
    the album is okay. they're never change their style. its more of the same, which is cool, but its a little tiring. im waiting for the new into eternity, metallica, trivium, ac/dc and all that remains. its been/gonna be a great year for metal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruk_N_Kuip View Post
    the album is okay. they're never change their style. its more of the same, which is cool, but its a little tiring. im waiting for the new into eternity, metallica, trivium, ac/dc and all that remains. its been/gonna be a great year for metal.
    Yeah I have been waiting awhile for all 3 of those. 3 because Metallica's hasn't impressed me to much.

Into Eternity is always different. That band is always switching members and their a pretty interesting mix of Power/Thrash metal.

vCash
    I just started getting into them, love the intensity on the guitar.

vCash
    Dragonforce...I'd forgotten about these guys. I remember quite liking the Valley of the Damned demo but being disappointed in the actual album. Didn't realize they were still around(though for some reason I was aware of the name change.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foamy
    It wouldn't hurt you to think like a serial killer every onced in a while, just for the sake of prevention

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    Yeah I have been waiting awhile for all 3 of those. 3 because Metallica's hasn't impressed me to much.

Into Eternity is always different. That band is always switching members and their a pretty interesting mix of Power/Thrash metal.
    thats putting it lightly 5 albums and 10 former members. im seriously feelin that im the only one here thats liked the new metallica stuff. loads, st.anger, and the new stuff is really good. not great, but really good. as for death magnetic, i'll have an opinion sept 12.
    Last edited by Kruk_N_Kuip; 08-30-2008 at 02:04 AM.

vCash
    On A Cold Winter Morning

vCash
    havent heard of it
    "The way they play offense here is difficult for any quarterback," he said. "Every snap is an incredible decision. They're in a one-back offense, they can't run the ball against certain looks so they have to audible to some kind of a pass or a creative run to get away from trouble.
    "There's never a play in the game where Stafford can just turn around, hand the ball off and catch his breath. Every play he's researching the defense and they throw as much as anyone."

vCash
    I'm a big fan of metal and all it's sub-genres. However, I think DragonForce is somewhat overrated and only gets all the attention in the Power Metal community because of the Guitar Hero scene. Their guitarists are extremely talented, I'll give them that. But I think having a 9 minute song that is almost entirely one overdone guitar solo is too much. I've heard two of the new songs off the new album and I can't see myself listening to it unless it's me playing Guitar Hero.

vCash
    I still have to listen to this CD. Dragonforce is alright.. but the vocalist just gets on my nerves if I listen to them for a long time. If it's the same old same old.. I prolly won't rush to listen to it.

Matt Carpenter
    .300 AVG, 1 HR, 6 RBI, .431 OBP, .375 SLG, .806 OPS, .371 wOBA, 136 wRC+, .4 fWAR, 126 OPS+

vCash
    They needed to change it up after Inhuman Rampage. That cd was good but the new one is almost like a carbon copy. Saw them live in Chicago on the Inhuman Rampage tour (before GH lol) and they put on a good show. Sonic Firestorm was probably my fav. cd.