Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Triviums New Album: Shogun

What do you think their new Album will be like.

I actually have high hopes for this. They seem to be mixing in their new and old(judging from the single released and another song that was leaked). Sounds better than The Crusade.

Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3ccl8fIloo - Is the single that has been released.

It is also on the Madden 09 soundtrack.

vCash
    Sounds like more MeTrivium. Ive heard another song that sounds like they took Gunshot to the Head and sliced it with some Pantera. I swear this band was soo good after ascendancy, and now they suck so bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NotVeryOriginal View Post
    Sounds like more MeTrivium. Ive heard another song that sounds like they took Gunshot to the Head and sliced it with some Pantera. I swear this band was soo good after ascendancy, and now they suck so bad.
    Ascendancy was probably one of my metal favorite albums ever. Every song was worth listening to. They will never top Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr. Probably the best intro to a song ever. That was my ringtone forever until I washed my cell

That is pretty much what I am thinking. I still think it sounds pretty good but their old stuff is a hell of alot better.

vCash
    I just don't get them being compared to Metallica. I don't like their stuff and I don't think the writing can touch any of the first Metallica cds.
    lr is cooler than you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakersrock View Post
    I just don't get them being compared to Metallica. I don't like their stuff and I don't think the writing can touch any of the first Metallica cds.
    Thats the point of the comparison, they are trying to copy the untouchable Metallica albums instead of carve their own sound like they did with Ascendacy and to a degree with Ember to Inferno. They took the 'next metallica' label too far and decided that they didnt need their own identity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NotVeryOriginal View Post
    Thats the point of the comparison, they are trying to copy the untouchable Metallica albums instead of carve their own sound like they did with Ascendacy and to a degree with Ember to Inferno. They took the 'next metallica' label too far and decided that they didnt need their own identity.
    I did enjoy that cd, but all the other stuff is just what you said. It's really just regurgitated crap.
    lr is cooler than you