Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Week 1: ACC Game Thread and Predictions

Game Thread and Predictions

Thursday, August 28th

7:30 PM EST - Jacksonville State @ Georgia Tech

Prediction:
    Ryan Perriloux is a very talented QB and i think he will pose some very difficult matchups for the GT defense. Also, GT is going to have a tough time running their new offense. Georgia Tech wins 27-20

7:30 PM EST - Charleston Southern @ Miami

Prediction: Miami is missing 7 players from suspension and others due to weight issues but they will win this game easily. Miami wins 41-10

8:00 PM EST - North Carolina State @ South Carolina

Prediction: Tom O'Brien is an excellent coach and i think NC State will continue to improve this season. NC State will shock Steve Spurrier at home and win 20-17

8:30 PM EST - #23 Wake Forest @ Baylor

Prediction:
    Wake Forest is one of those teams that is very good and at the same time going to fly under the radar. WF wins 38-10

Saturday, August 30th

12:00 PM EST - #17 Virginia Tech @ East Carolina

Prediction: East Carolina is one of those teams who is scrappy and really cause you problems. I expect that in their matchup against Va Tech and it should be a lot closer then people think. VT wins 31-21

3:30 PM EST - #3 USC @ Virginia

Prediction: Virginia is a solid team and playing at home, but it will no matter because USC is a superior squad and one of the best in the country. USC wins 41-10

3:45 PM EST - Delaware @ Maryland

Prediction: Joe Flacco nearly led Del to a D1-AA championship last year. Even though he is gone they should have a solid team when they visit a Maryland team with a bunch of ?'s. Maryland wins 28-17

6:00 PM EST - McNeese State @ North Carolina

Prediction - Many people feel Butch Davis and the Tarheels have a good shot of having a great year. I don't think they will, but it might appear so when they crush their opponent this weekend. North Carolina wins 45-10

7:00 PM EST - James Madison @ Duke

Prediction: Many people feel that Duke has a chance to win 3 or 4 games this year with their new head coach. I have a feeling that they wont. JMU is a school that pushed an excellent App. State to the brink last year. James Madison wins 24-20

7:30 PM EST - Boston College @ Kent State

Prediction: BC has some serious questions on the offensive side of the ball but i think they will play pretty good this weekend. The defensive front 7 is going to dominate that Kent State offense. Boston College wins 31-10

8:00 PM EST - #24 Alabama @ #9 Clemson

Prediction: I think the Alabama defense is going to stifle the Clemson rushing attack early and often. The revamped O-Line is going to take a while for them to get used to. However, Cullen Harper and Aaron Kelly will have a big day for Clemson. Clemson wins 27-17

We should keep a running tab on who picks the most correct games. At the end of the season we will see which of us knows ACC Football the best.
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    Is Perriloux playing this year...he's eligible?

And Im interested seeing you put Miami with 41 points tomorrow...You have more confidence in our offense than I do, regardless if it is Charleston Southern or not.

vCash
    Anyway, here are my predictions

7:30 PM EST - Jacksonville State @ Georgia Tech

Georgia Tech is in a transition year, while trying to implement a new offense. They are going to have trouble winning games all season, but not this week. They may not blow JSU out, but they will get a relatively easy win.

Predicion: JSU: 13 GT: 24

7:30 PM EST - Charleston Southern @ Miami

Miami has had lots of problems the past two seasons. The QB position has gotten little to no production at all recently. This will be Randy Shannons first year with his recruits in place, and almost a "fresh" start with many freshman QB's at his disposal. While the 'starter' Marve wont be available for this game, Jacory Harris, another highly touted freshman will replace Marve this week. Miami will have its share of suspensions for this game (7 total) but I could line up against Charleston Southern and still keep it close. This shouldnt be much of a test for the Canes.

Prediction: CSU: 10 Miami: 35

8:00 PM EST - North Carolina State @ South Carolina

It will be important for South Carolina to get a great start out of the gate in order to prepare themselves for the brutal SEC this season. I think they squeak past a quietly decent NC State team this week.

Prediction: NC State: 27 South Carolina: 31

8:30 PM EST - #23 Wake Forest @ Baylor

Wake Forest returns a whopping 9 starters on an already solid defensive unit. While Baylor isnt quite the pushover it once was, they shouldnt have too much of a problem here.

Prediction: WFU: 38 Baylor: 10

12:00 PM EST - #17 Virginia Tech @ East Carolina

East Carolina gave VT a scare last season in a very emotional game after the VT shootings. I think that may have played into the outcome a little. While ECU is a scrappy team, I think VT will have a much better time against a Chris Johnson less ECU squad.

Prediction: VT: 34 ECU: 17

3:30 PM EST - #3 USC @ Virginia

If most of UVA's better players had kept their heads on straight in the offseason, this game may have been relatively close through the first half. But they didnt, so USC should roll here pretty easily.

Prediction: USC: 45 UVA: 13

3:45 PM EST - Delaware @ Maryland

Delaware had a solid team last year with Joe Flacco at the helm. They still have a pretty nice team, but Flacco is no longer there. Maryland will be lead by DHB to victory this week.

Prediction: Delaware: 14 Maryland: 38

6:00 PM EST - McNeese State @ North Carolina

UNC is going to surprise a lot of people this year. They have all the necessary resources in place to build a solid team in the future. They may not be quite there yet, but they are only a year or two away from being considered a top knotch ACC squad.

Prediction: McNeese: 7 UNC: 41

7:00 PM EST - James Madison @ Duke

JMU is a D1-AA school (or whatever the hell it is called these days) but they are a very good group of players. Duke has been about as bad as you could possibly imagine the past few years. So its a matchup of a very bad D1 school, and a very good D1-AA school...I say:

Prediction: JMU: 14 Duke: 17

7:30 PM EST - Boston College @ Kent State

Boston College has a few question marks on offense this year. They have had question marks on offense the past few years, actually, but Matt Ryans leadership has helped mask those flaws on offense. He is no longer here, so it is up to Chris Crane to be the leader of the offense this year, and only time will tell how that works out. But they dont have to worry about **** this week...they should easily beat Kent State.

Prediction: KSU: 17 BC: 41

8:00 PM EST - #24 Alabama @ #9 Clemson

Ahh, the ACC game of the week. Clemson is getting a lot of praise this year, and rightfully so. They are loaded everywhere on offense minus the O-line, and have a stout defense (minus a fairly average group of LB's). Alabama on the other hand was a quietly good SEC team last year. All of their losses last season were by 6 points or fewer. They return a nice collection of players. I think they have a great chance to pull off the upset this week, but I dont think they will do it personally.

Prediction: Alabama: 31 Clemson: 42
    Last edited by BullsFan_1; 08-28-2008 at 12:15 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    Is Perriloux playing this year...he's eligible?

And Im interested seeing you put Miami with 41 points tomorrow...You have more confidence in our offense than I do, regardless if it is Charleston Southern or not.
    Yeah, i'm pretty sure he is playing for them this year. By transferring to FCS team he was able to avoid having to sit out for a year. 41 points should be easy for Miami tomorrow against Charleston Southern. You guys should be able to run the ball with ease and i wouldnt be surprised if your D/Special Teams put some points on the board.

vCash
    AHHHH!!!! Football in 3 minutes and actual live College Football in 33 minutes. This is the day that i have been waiting forever for and i'm sure that i'm not only one. I hope at least Bullsfan is in here to talk football with me on this beautiful Thursday night.

And for all you GUESTS viewing this forum, SIGN UP!!!

vCash
    Im here and Im freaking the **** out.

The Miami game was supposed to start at 7:30, and it's now 7:34 and the 360 broadcast hasnt started yet.

vCash
    Oh my!

ESPN 360 ****ing blows...

It lags so much...I cant even watch a play longer than 2 seconds without it stopping.

vCash
    Miami scores and takes a 7-0 lead over Charleston Southern. This is exactly what i figured would happen in this game. Even though the Miami offense has some question marks and is playing with backup QB they are still going to look extremely good. Jacory Harris is the tall, skinny kid right?

vCash
    So i'm watching this South Carolina/NC State game and its definitely going to be a game dominated by defense. Both teams have young, inexperienced QB's starting for them and they look a little shaky. Both defenses on the other hand are swarming and playing well....Watch out for NC State and Tom O'Brien

vCash
    South Carolina's defense is extremely stout. They should take this game.

Miami is up 14-0 now

Javarris James with a TD.

vCash
    Quarterback play in this SC NCState game has been terrible.

vCash
    I agree with everything you have said about the NC State/South Carolina game but i disagree with your prediction of who will win. Tom O'Brien knows how to turn around programs fast. This NC State team reminds me a lot of some of the BC teams from the past.

Miami up 20-0 at the end of the 1st!

vCash
    I know, but dont post anymore news about the Canes game...I am going to watch it from the beginning so it wont lag.

Dont spoil it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    I know, but dont post anymore news about the Canes game...I am going to watch it from the beginning so it wont lag.

Dont spoil it.
    I will honor your request and not post any more updates from the Miami/Charleston Southern game. It's not like you don't know whats going to happen for the rest of the game though...So anyways, this NC State D is looking very good and scrappy.

(Graig Cooper 4 yard run)

vCash
    Screw it, I gave up...it still lags.

This sucks.

I was so pumped for the game, and ESPN ****s it up...screw ESPN.

Damn it.

:cry:

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast