Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: how many ACC teams will be in the top 25 at the end of the season

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3 or less

2 40.00%

2 40.00%

0 0%

1 20.00%
  • 7 or more

0 0%
    vCash

How many ACC teams will be in the top 25 at the end of the season?

i say clemson, va tech BC miami florida st and maryland
    Last edited by njdevs25; 08-11-2008 at 09:51 PM.

Thanks Bullsfan1 Go Canes!

vCash
    Clemson, VT and...well, I dont really see (at this point) anybody that can make a significant argument for it right now.

Miami, FSU, UNC, BC, and Maryland are fairly close though.

vCash
    its going to be an interesting year for the ACC I wonder how Wake Forest is going to do also

Thanks Bullsfan1 Go Canes!

vCash
    At the end of the season i think we will have either 3 or 4, but throughout the season i think there will be about 6. IMO, Clemson and Virginia Tech are locks to be in it. Clemson has to much talent and Va Tech is always consistently good. I think Boston College could land somewhere in the 20's just because their defense is so good...or at least it should be. Wake Forest is very talented and i think they could be a possibility. The year after i think Miami will be back in it
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    I'll say two at the end: Clemson and Wake Forest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by njdevs25 View Post
    i say clemson, va tech BC miami florida st and maryland
    So you think 6 teams from the ACC are gonna be in the top 25 by the end of the season? Everyone has their own opinion. However considering that they had 3 teams (Clemson, VT and Wake Forrest) in the top 25 to start the season and 2 of those teams lost their first game.... Doesnt look very promising.

You look around the NCAA and I think there are too many solid teams to have 6 ACC teams in the top 25. I mean there are several teams in each conference that you can almost consider a lock to be ranked this year.

ACC

Clemson
    Virginia Tech

Big East

West Virginia
    South Florida

Big 10

Ohio State
    Wisconsin
    Penn State
    Illinois

Big 12

Missouri
    Oklahoma
    Texas
    Kansas
    Texas Tech

SEC

Georgia
    Florida
    LSU
    Auburn
    Tennessee

Pac10

USC
    Oregon
    Arizona State

Thats 21 teams that I would almost consider locks to be ranked this year. Then you have teams like Fresno State, Boise State, Utah, Alabama, Brigham Young, Pittsburgh and Rutgers etc. that all have great shots at being ranked. I would say that there will be 3 teams from the ACC ranked at the end of the year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    So you think 6 teams from the ACC are gonna be in the top 25 by the end of the season? Everyone has their own opinion. However considering that they had 3 teams (Clemson, VT and Wake Forrest) in the top 25 to start the season and 2 of those teams lost their first game.... Doesnt look very promising.

You look around the NCAA and I think there are too many solid teams to have 6 ACC teams in the top 25. I mean there are several teams in each conference that you can almost consider a lock to be ranked this year.

ACC

Clemson
    Virginia Tech

Big East

West Virginia
    South Florida

Big 10

Ohio State
    Wisconsin
    Penn State
    Illinois

Big 12

Missouri
    Oklahoma
    Texas
    Kansas
    Texas Tech

SEC

Georgia
    Florida
    LSU
    Auburn
    Tennessee

Pac10

USC
    Oregon
    Arizona State

Thats 21 teams that I would almost consider locks to be ranked this year. Then you have teams like Fresno State, Boise State, Utah, Alabama, Brigham Young, Pittsburgh and Rutgers etc. that all have great shots at being ranked. I would say that there will be 3 teams from the ACC ranked at the end of the year.
    I agree with your number being ranked at the end of this year but i disagree with a few of the teams on your list. However, thats not what this whole discussion is about. I think 6 is just mathmatically to many especially for a conference that is considered "weak". That would mean that there were 19 more spots for the 5 major conferences and everyone else...just doesn't seem right
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]