Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Tiger Woods 09

vCash

Tiger Woods 09

This game is amazing.

I have not really cared for any Tiger game since about 04 when they changed it from some crappy game to a real fun game, but since then its been about the same year in year out with only minor changes.

Well this year its different. They have added a few things that I really really love.

First off you have a coach now which doesnt sound that cool, but it is. He gives you rating on how well you hit and you no longer spend money or points on increasing your attributes but only by playing well. Putt really well and your score may go up, have a bad round and your rating will do down. There are four categories power, accuracy, short game and putting. All with a rating of 1-10. You start below 4 but work up fairly quickly.

The second part of having a coach that is nice is you can now tune your clubs. If you push the ball a lot you can adjust your clubs to hit the ball straighter your coach will also tell you where you should put each adjustment to help maximize your swing.

The third and greatest part is the online portion. Instead of hit and wait hit and wait hit and wait you now all hit at the same time. You can see each persons ball flight by a colored line and then can see where their ball ends up and what shot they are on. So instead of being in a fore some and it taking 20 minutes per hole it only takes about 2. Rounds don't last much longer than if you played by yourself. Of course you have a guy that's always behind, but its still a million times better than waiting the entire time.

Another thing cool about online is during the daily tournaments they keep track of who had the longest drive for the day and who was closest to the pin on par 3's. Shows up as a gamernet when you are hitting and its pretty awesome.

If you have ever liked Tiger Woods definitely get this game. Its amazing.

vCash
    Just got it today. Loving the game so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayz
    "It gets dangerous, money and power is changing us. And now we're lethal, infected with D'Evils."

vCash
    i am going to the states this weekend i will pick up a copy

Straight Flash Homey

vCash
    Did they fix the swing system? I didn't even touch '08 because I heard it was all ****ed up.

vCash
    I think so. Plus they have club tuner which will fix your slice if you have one.

its handy.

vCash
    The putting is throwing me off on this game, I'm over judging the slope a lot because of how it was on the old games. I think the swing system is a lot better on this one plus the gamernet runs pretty smooth and is a lot of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayz
    "It gets dangerous, money and power is changing us. And now we're lethal, infected with D'Evils."

vCash
    Yeah I was just horrible at putting when I started but now I am pretty good.

My putting was at a 10 for a short while.

My short game is awful. Around a 6.5 or so is all.