Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lilboytwister99 View Post
    This is pretty interesting. I for one never was for the war in Iraq. I have my own theory on the whole situation, but I dont know if anybody would agree with it. Well, in this case, I guess it wouldnt matter because everybody has their opinions anyhow, and its just natural for others to disagree.

My thought is that Bush was behind 9/11, and he used Osama as a "pawn" to go to Iraq. Now I know this makes no sense, but let me try to explain. Bush was trying to put it in our minds that Saddam was in cahoots with Bin Laden. Now whether or not this is true, well I couldnt say myself because I got tired of watching the news because I knew that we were going back to Iraq.

Now as far as Iraq goes, we should have been out of there a LONG time ago. Here's why I said this. Our mission in Iraq was to take out Saddam and find the WMD's. Well, we took out Saddam. We didnt find WMD's (which I do believe they are in the middle east but at the time of inspection we didnt find any), so mission accomplished. But now what I see in Iraq is troops stuck in the middle of a civil war. We should have just left when our mission was accomplished.

Now I may not be entirely truthful on the "mission" to Iraq, Im sure I may have left pieces out, but those are pieces that I either dont know about, or dont really consider "our business". Why are we still trying to turn a country that was once our enemy into a democracy? Is it our responsibility to do so? I honestly dont think so. But, we try to play the good guy in all of this, and look what we get in return.

Bin Laden.... Ive always said he and Bush are buddies. We found Saddam so fast, but we couldnt find Bin Laden? Or, from what I last heard, he's in Afghanistan and we wont go after him because we dont want to endanger the women or children? I dunno I think we knew where he was all this time, we just covered his rear end.

Thats just my opinion. You have to understand Im 25 yrs old, never gave a crap about politics, but recently (especially with the two knuckleheads we got runnin for president) I have been majorly concerned with the direction our country is going in. Its not looking good, and I believe we are in for some tough tough times.

Yall have a good night.
    lol nothing matters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    I think, at this point, why we went...is inconsequential.

I think the conversation should be, what role should we maintain there, how long we should maintain it, what goals to set as "benchmarks", what consequences would we have if we left before those benchmarks.....etc. etc. Basically, what's the benefit of leaving right now vs. the cost of staying.

But everyone wants to boil it down to "are you for the war, or against it" when really, I think it's a lot more complicated than that. Which is why anti war protesters piss me off.
    In a sense they annoy me too, becuase as much as I'd like it to be, we can't just pull out immediately, and some people don't see that. There's a job to be done. Nobody wants any of our soldiers to die, and I'm sure nobody wants them to be away from their families either, but now that we're there, we're there. I don't support the war and its original purpose, but something I realized is, who cares if Sadam didn't anything to us, didn't we still have an obligation to the people being murdered there? But thats a two edged sword I guess, beacuse what about people in other places....

sorry, just some internal thoughts really...

Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastside Scott View Post
    OK, I am going to fess up now, but since this is four pages long, I amnot sure how many will see it. I intentionally mis-attributed the quote that started this thread. THe time and place were correct, however the speaker was Sen. Joe Biden, current candidate for VP.

Sorry about that, but I wanted to see what the staunch liberal viewpoint was on the subject when they didn't know it was their own #2 man doing the talking.

By the way Biden also said of Obama's vote not to fund US Troops that it was an obvious decision to try to win an election at the expense of our soldiers overseas, and losing a war.
    interesting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    no wmd's have ever been found, FACT! Despite occupation for many years now, no wmd's have ever been found. Surely something would have been found by now if they existed.

I don't know why it's so hard to comprehend that none were ever found. Colin Powell said they were there, he then admitted he was given false intelligence.
    Ok so not so fast there buddy. That is not quite the case.

US-led coalition forces in Iraq have found some 500 chemical weapons since the March 2003 invasion, Republican lawmakers said, citing an intelligence report.
    "Since 2003, Coalition forces have recovered approximately 500 weapons munitions which contain degraded mustard or sarin nerve agent," said an overview of the report unveiled by Senator Rick Santorum and Peter Hoekstra, head of the intelligence committee of the House of Representatives.
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

This is another failure of the administration to put out news that would cause it to possibly be seen in a better light. I agree they have misstep after misstep but doesn't make the article any less true. The administration has had misguided visions of grandeur that where flawed to say the least.

Reporters questioned the lawmakers as to why the Bush administration had not played up the report to boost their case for continued warfare in Iraq.

"The administration has been very clear that they want to look forward," Santorum said. "They felt it was not their role to go back and fight previous discussions."
    From the same article.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastside Scott View Post
    OK, I am going to fess up now, but since this is four pages long, I amnot sure how many will see it. I intentionally mis-attributed the quote that started this thread. THe time and place were correct, however the speaker was Sen. Joe Biden, current candidate for VP.

Sorry about that, but I wanted to see what the staunch liberal viewpoint was on the subject when they didn't know it was their own #2 man doing the talking.

By the way Biden also said of Obama's vote not to fund US Troops that it was an obvious decision to try to win an election at the expense of our soldiers overseas, and losing a war.
    So? He could be wrong just like a lot of other American leaders who got sucked into supporting the Iraq War. Now you really have made this thread out of date. Not to mention the fact that you intentionally misrepresented the speaker but still couldn't come up with much. The other misrepresentation you might have made was in the other thread when you claimed not to have a strong political persuasion.
    Last edited by ink; 08-26-2008 at 10:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    Speaking of which, anyone know the over/under on the number of 9/11's Rudy's going to say next week?
    Haha. I'll set the over/under at 15.

vCash
    30. Plus he answers his wife's phone call twice.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    Ok so not so fast there buddy. That is not quite the case.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

This is another failure of the administration to put out news that would cause it to possibly be seen in a better light. I agree they have misstep after misstep but doesn't make the article any less true. The administration has had misguided visions of grandeur that where flawed to say the least.

From the same article.
    Wasn't that Santorum report disproven?
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    30. Plus he answers his wife's phone call twice.
    Double B...I thought I would find you on here way sooner than now...

Well back to the point I won't get into what side of the War I stand or stood but what I will say is until the Iraqi people and well all people from the region who are oppressed...you know the "good" people in a bad situation who want better for their futures (and their children), the people that desire freedom, the people who are willing to wrestle down their fears and stand up for righteousness, the people who do not desire to blame the US (and other free nations) but instead admire our idea of freedom and begin to take pride in their own country to realize their own...until those people stand up for themselves, say enough and take control of their country and their future and believe in freedom like people throughout the history of this nation have(the revolutionaries, the immigrants, the slaves, the women)...then they are doomed to suffer, doomed to remain occupied, doom to beg for emancipation only to curse those that offer to aid in their cause. We alone cannot free the Iraqi people. They must begin to express the desire to control their own destiny. Then and only then will they be free.

The Constitution is not the only reason why "Saddam Hussein" would not be able to thrive in this country. God bless the American people.

I am the Spartanbear and I approve this message.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345