Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Fluty View Post
    maybe you missed this in my large post which i notice was ignore (facts usually are) but the whole thing didnt start with bush.. it was started with clinton.. it just escalated when 9/11 happened

Iraq's noncompliance with the conditions of the 1991 cease fire, including interference with weapons inspectors. are reasons alone to justify the war...

they were on parole... they messed up and they tempted us when we were in a bad mood and got what they got...
    why were we in a bad mood again? Oh wait, because our intelligence efforts mirrored those of our highest leader of the time's outright intelligence and his ego and passion for the war. They were on parole and just as everything from the first week of the war showed, the parole was working and weakening saddam. Too bad the effects of this diplomacy were ignored for the political gain of a few
    Last edited by PHX-SOXFAN; 08-26-2008 at 07:20 PM.

Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    vCash
    that was the most... weird post... you ever gave..

i genuinely have no idea what your talking about or even meant to say

again you ignore that the part about 1998 and clinton...

you just want to blame bush and ignore the large FACTS that i posted on the previous page.

vCash
    that was the most... weird post... you ever gave..

i genuinely have no idea what your talking about or even meant to say

again you ignore that the part about 1998 and clinton...

you just want to blame bush and ignore the large FACTS that i posted on the previous page.
    if you want me to sum it up, the sanctions were working, proven during the invasion. the intelligence was wrong, bush made terrible errors, colin powell has confirmed it. end of story. Please dispute something that Colin Powell has said after the fact, Please!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    if you want me to sum it up, the sanctions were working, proven during the invasion. the intelligence was wrong, bush made terrible errors, colin powell has confirmed it. end of story. Please dispute something that Colin Powell has said after the fact, Please!
    Again, Sadam had WMD's. And even if you stupid liberals are too dense to see that, the man was a terrible person. He murdered countless people because they disagreed with his ideas. He needed to be removed. Even if Sadam didn't have WMD's, which he did, he still was a severe threat to his own people.
    Who Is John Galt? Atlas is Shrugging.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersin08 View Post
    Again, Sadam had WMD's. And even if you stupid liberals are too dense to see that, the man was a terrible person. He murdered countless people because they disagreed with his ideas. He needed to be removed. Even if Sadam didn't have WMD's, which he did, he still was a severe threat to his own people.
    When you insult people it drives up the temperature in the forum. There's no need for that.

If the "proof" you had was that conclusive, it would be widely known about and accepted. Until then, it's just another theory.

vCash
    yep, I'm sure they're just holding that info proving the wmd's to exist in Iraq. Do you have some information that no one else does, because nothing has proved that they had them yet.

he was a terrible person. A terrible person who was being weakened and controlled by the sanctions in place, proven fact

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    yep, I'm sure they're just holding that info proving the wmd's to exist in Iraq. Do you have some information that no one else does, because nothing has proved that they had them yet.

he was a terrible person. A terrible person who was being weakened and controlled by the sanctions in place, proven fact
    How about one of his top advisors coming forward and saying that he had them. And that they were shipped out of the country before the war. Weakened by the sanctions? That doesn't stop him from killing his own people.

vCash
    How about one of his top advisors coming forward and saying that he had them. And that they were shipped out of the country before the war. Weakened by the sanctions? That doesn't stop him from killing his own people.
    come think of it.. i believe i heard that.. but i dont remember names or where so i wont quote it

vCash
    come think of it.. i believe i heard that.. but i dont remember names or where so i wont quote it
    his name is Georges Sada. This is a very interesting video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7LGe...eature=related

vCash
    Sadam had WMD's. They're buried in the Syrian desert. Read the book by Georges Sada.
    That has never been proven, only alleged by one person.

vCash
    http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/Inve...ory?id=1616996

late April or May of 1995, Saddam and his senior aides discuss the fact that U.N. inspectors had uncovered evidence of Iraq's biological weapons program -- a program whose existence Iraq had previously denied.

At one point Hussein Kamel, Saddam's son-in-law and the man who was in charge of Iraq's weapons of mass destruction efforts can be heard on the tapes, speaking openly about hiding information from the U.N.

"We did not reveal all that we have," Kamel says in the meeting. "Not the type of weapons, not the volume of the materials we imported, not the volume of the production we told them about, not the volume of use. None of this was correct."

Shortly after this meeting, in August 1995, Hussein Kamel defected to Jordan, and Iraq was forced to admit that it had concealed its biological weapons program.

chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, says the tapes are authentic and show that "Saddam had a fixation on weapons of mass destruction and he had a fixation on hiding what he was doing from the U.N. inspectors." Hoeckstra says there are more than 35,000 boxes of such tapes and documents that the U.S. government has not analyzed nor made public that should also be translated and studied on an urgent basis.
    I did not put this up to prove there was WMD... only to show that they had "probable cause to suspect WMDs" in 2001

if you throw in this with the other things i posted you can see that there was a case...

Among the treasure trove of information captured after Saddam Hussein's fall were tape recordings of the Iraqi leader discussing weapons of mass destruction with top aides.

Transcripts of Saddam's tapes reviewed by NBC News show him ruminating about future terror attacks in the United States using weapons of mass destruction.

"We shouldn’t be surprised to see a car bomb with nuclear [material] explode [in] Washington, either germ or chemical," Saddam tells aides. "So this is coming,” Saddam says on the tapes, “but not from Iraq," he adds, seeming to indicate that Iraq would not be the source of any such attack.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11373537/

OR

this one... i wont paste the whole thing here but read nightlines investigation

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/Inve...1623307&page=1
    With regard to the issue of the chemical, sir, which we assume that they have not raised, and our belief that the sole problem is that of the biological weapons. No, sir. I think they have detailed information about the missiles, and if they want to bring them up, they will as I said because we did not complete. In the chemical, sir, they have a problem far bigger than the biological, bigger than the biological.
    Last edited by Doc Fluty; 08-26-2008 at 07:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    That has never been proven, only alleged by one person.
    Yeah, the head of the Iraqi airforce.

vCash
    Yeah, the head of the Iraqi airforce.
    We don't know what his motivation was. His allegations happened four years ago and didn't change many people's minds. The fact is the Duelfer report of 2004 contradicts what he alleged. There is certainly no conclusive proof - i.e. physical evidence rather than hearsay.

vCash
    There are lots of bad people in power doing bad things? Do you plan to forcedly remove all of them? Do you care that some of them are our allies?
    lol nothing matters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    We don't know what his motivation was. His allegations happened four years ago and didn't change many people's minds. The fact is the Duelfer report of 2004 contradicts what he alleged. There is certainly no conclusive proof - i.e. physical evidence rather than hearsay.
    no wmd's have ever been found, FACT! Despite occupation for many years now, no wmd's have ever been found. Surely something would have been found by now if they existed.

I don't know why it's so hard to comprehend that none were ever found. Colin Powell said they were there, he then admitted he was given false intelligence.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast