Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    Throwing money at the problem will not solve the problems of our education system. My wife is a teacher and her biggest issues have been with the parents and the children who have absolutely no manners or respect than the lack of technology. She works in a low income school district here in Indianapolis so I have a pretty good understanding of what goes on. Good luck with your teaching career I truly wish you the best. No Child Left Behind has been a dismal failure no doubt about it.

How is he going to do this? Isn't the investing in the fields of science primarily done by the private sector? So unless he is going to give tax incentives to these people then I don't see how you can see he will develop these jobs.

Is this the federal governments job?

But at what cost? Will these tax increases on those dreaded rich people not have adverse affects on the people who will be receiving these rebates?

Is the current investments in bio fuels adding to our soaring food costs? That I am not sure of but needs to be looked at before we spend more on research of it. Farmers are not producing the same corn they used to now are going towards the more profitable hybrid for ethanol.

My question here is how?

This we agree on. I am most definitely not pro choice. Our daughter was born at 25 weeks at a time I imagine you could probably still receive an abortion. I don't know that for fact never nor do i care to research it. She is perfectly healthy with only partial hearing loss as her only issue. Spending that much time in a neonatal intensive care unit really changed my view on this issue.
    I obviously can't answer some of those questions, because I'm not Obama. He has the right mindset as a President, and will help the country. The bio fuel research is greatly expanding, and I believe that we will have bio fuels in the next 5-10 years. Once we get close to using those fuels, we don't pay for normal gas, and the food prices decline.

On the abortion issue, the latest abortion I have heard of is 6 months. How terrible.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaowowrocket11 View Post
    I obviously can't answer some of those questions, because I'm not Obama. He has the right mindset as a President, and will help the country. The bio fuel research is greatly expanding, and I believe that we will have bio fuels in the next 5-10 years. Once we get close to using those fuels, we don't pay for normal gas, and the food prices decline.

On the abortion issue, the latest abortion I have heard of is 6 months. How terrible.......
    That is fine and I know that you can't answer some of these questions. It is just a matter of something you will find missing in public schools and that is critical thinking. The profession you are going into is a truly noble profession. My grandmother, mother, and wife are all educators. Don't worry my mother doesn't understand how I turned out conservative either. But I really don't think bio fuels are our future. I think it will be more closely related to a hydrogen cell powered car. Or something along those lines that will help our economy and environment at the same time. And the price of food will come down when the price of transporting them comes down. And the farmers start producing grains that go into food production and not fuel production.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NotVeryOriginal View Post
    Patriot Act? Gay Marraige Ban?
    Right after 9/11 the democrats complained that Bush hadn't done enough to secure our nation from an attack. The Patriot Act secures our nation. Do you realize how many attacks have been thwarted because of the Patriot Act?

Gay Marrige, i'm with you on this one. I could care less if a man married a cow...

Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    vCash
    hoosier you post before this last one was perfect..

and here in cali.. we spend WAAAAAYY to much on education.. more than any other state.. yet we have over a 50% drop out rate...

throwing money isnt gonna change that these kids are brought up in a culture that loves the gangsta more than the manager at wal-mart

the parents need to start woopin the kids again and stop expectin the gubnent to raise the kids for them... they want sex ed in school, drug ed in school and jsut about everything...

it goes back to personal responsibility... something liberals cant stand

like chris rock said... if you said more words to your kid other than mommy be back, he might know sumthin!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    Bush tax cuts being reversed would be terrible for the economy. We are a nation spenders not savers. If you take more money out of peoples pockets it will be less than they are able to spend. If they are made permanent and we cut way back in Iraq leaving only a skeleton of what is there to assist where needed would in my opinion help the most. But again this is all just my opinion. I enjoy the good banter back and forth and enjoy learning about others opinions so I thank you for your response.
    If something isn't done to curb the deficit -- meaning either decreasing spending (like the war) or increasing revenues (i.e. reversing the Bush tax cuts) -- we're not going to be able to be a "nation of spenders." Look at what's happened to the dollar over the last seven and a half years. Look at the insane inflation rates. Look at how useless monetary policy has become. Republican economic policy has devastated us and put us in a position where we really have no choice but to completely reverse our actions.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    I support Barack Obama because I think he's a legitimate great man and I trust him to always make the right decision. We need change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    I hate to say that you're ill-informed. But ... you're ill-informed.

Obama isn't raising taxes on people that make over $42,000 per year. That's a fallacy perpetrated by the McCain campaign machine. In general, Obama is giving those under $125,000 a bigger tax cut than they got under the Bush administration ... and bigger than McCain is advocating. So, there's that.

And, you'll be remiss to know that the McCain health care plan (although stresses independent health care) will actually have a greater toll on your wallet then you would care to admit. In the long run, the McCain health plan will cost more than the Obama plan. Sorry.

But ... you're right. Us liberals really do want to "piss" all over the Constitution. We were born that way.
    Your own paper, The New York Crimes, has an outline on his tax plan. $80 billion, take from the "rich", give tot he poor. Hmm, sounds like re-distribution of wealth. EX)Russia, China. Barack Obama offered a plan to cut income taxes by $80 billion for workers, seniors and homeowners by boosting the take from wealthier Americans. What is the crime in being wealthy in this country? Would you yourself not like to be rich? You have to try pretty hard to fail in this great country that we are blessed to live in. Why should everything be handed down to people? I guess robbing rich evil wealthy people is the answer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Fluty View Post
    hoosier you post before this last one was perfect..

and here in cali.. we spend WAAAAAYY to much on education.. more than any other state.. yet we have over a 50% drop out rate...

throwing money isnt gonna change that these kids are brought up in a culture that loves the gangsta more than the manager at wal-mart

the parents need to start woopin the kids again and stop expectin the gubnent to raise the kids for them... they want sex ed in school, drug ed in school and jsut about everything...

it goes back to personal responsibility... something liberals cant stand

like chris rock said... if you said more words to your kid other than mommy be back, he might know sumthin!!!
    Cali does have the best state college system in the country, so that money seems to be doing something.

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

vCash
    86% of all taxes are paid by the top 25% people (up from 84% in 2000)

The top 50% pay 96% of ALL Taxes

the top 1% pay 39% ..up 2% when Bush took office..

so we feel we need to tax these mean people more?

In Cali if you earn more than $44000 in cali you pay the highest taxes in the country... $44000 is poverty level here in Los Angeles!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerRomo View Post
    Your own paper, The New York Crimes, has an outline on his tax plan. $80 billion, take from the "rich", give tot he poor. Hmm, sounds like re-distribution of wealth. EX)Russia, China. Barack Obama offered a plan to cut income taxes by $80 billion for workers, seniors and homeowners by boosting the take from wealthier Americans. What is the crime in being wealthy in this country? Would you yourself not like to be rich? You have to try pretty hard to fail in this great country that we are blessed to live in. Why should everything be handed down to people? I guess robbing rich evil wealthy people is the answer...
    Those "rich" were happily making millions under Ronald Reagan, George Bush, and Bill Clinton while paying an even higher tax rate than Obama's proposing. G.W. Bush cut taxes way too far. We can't afford to continue all of this deficit spending. 6 years ago McCain, himself, realized that.

vCash
    Yes, rich people should be taxed more. They are rich.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    Cali does have the best state college system in the country, so that money seems to be doing something.
    but most of the kids dont get to college... MORE THAN HALF dont even get a high school diploma...

so that money is failing them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin2007 View Post
    Yes, rich people should be taxed more. They are rich.
    ridiculous...

lets punish the dr for going to school for a extra ten years...

who cares if he studies while others were out getting drunk, havin sex and getting prego... make HIM pay for those unwed mothers on welfare...

what a joke..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerRomo View Post
    Sure, I'd like to be wealthy. And if I was, I certainly wouldn't mind paying more in taxes.

Oh, and I love it when people decide to compare soon-to-be democratically elected Barack Obama, and his plans, to communist dictatorships that exist/ed in China and Russia ... as though there's an actual base for comparison. Because Obama himself is going to take control of the military and march them into middle America and centralize all industry. It's so clever!
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Fluty View Post
    but most of the kids dont get to college... MORE THAN HALF dont even get a high school diploma...

so that money is failing them
    Can you show me where you're getting these numbers, and the numbers regarding the California tax bracket from? I'm very curious.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast