Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

The OFFICIAL NEW APPLE products Countdown!!!

Alright guys, we can talk about the new apple products that will come out:

New iPods, itouches, Macbook, MacBook Pro, Mac Po, and cinema displays:
    As rumors continue to build of upcoming Apple product updates, more hints are starting to suggest that Apple will be holding a special event in September to launch these new products.

A rumor over the weekend originating from Kevin Rose claimed that we could see iPod Nano and iPod Touch updates in the next few weeks. A subsequent report from Rose indicated that September 9th could be the date for the launch.

While we had initially housed that rumor on our Page 2 (rss) which consolidates minor news and unverified tidbits, an ArsTechnica article now suggests that there may be some validity to that "general date".

Mac Rumors
    While rumors have focused on iPod Nano and iPod Touch updates as early as September 9th, the fate of the MacBook Pros and other updates have been less clear.

It appears, however, that Apple could be prepping for a wide range of product updates, with signals to at least some resellers to halt resupplies of Mac minis, MacBook Pros, iPods and even Cinema Displays.

Unfortunately, reseller signals can be misleading and could simply represent temporary supply shortages. Best Buy, for example, had shortages of MacBooks towards the end of July.

Our buyer's guide does show that many of Apple's products are due for revision.
    If you guys got any news or pictures of any of these products please post them.

Discuss!

What are you guys looking for to get?
    Last edited by #24 Lakerland; 08-26-2008 at 08:29 AM.

vCash
    New iPod Nano On The Way?
    Quote:
    Normally we’re not rumormongers here at DVICE, but this time we have two pieces of supporting evidence of a new iPod nano in the works, so here goes. First we hear Digg’s social networking guru Kevin Rose saying he’s seen pictures of a newer, tall-n-skinny iPod nano that’ll be on its way next month.

Then, we notice a rendering of a similarly-shaped case surfacing around the same time, allegedly fitting the new nano. But casting doubt on this is the mini-USB port on the bottom of that green case, something you’d probably never see on an iPod. Hmm. Still, while we like the form factor of the current iPod nano, this rounded shape is more attractive, and we'd welcome a bigger screen that’s the same shape as the iPhone.

Maybe it’s true. It is high time for an iPod update. While this is all sketchy hearsay, after the jump take a look at a video of Rose for yourself, and see if you believe him or not:
    Source: DVice.com

From Dbroncs post in a nother thread. Looks like the next iPod Nano's. It's not but it looks exactly like the Zunes. So to me this is fake.

New ipod nano(?):http://images.macrumors.com/article/...w-nano_425.jpg

new ipod nano casing(?): http://images.macrumors.com/article/...n_Case_400.jpg
    Last edited by #24 Lakerland; 08-26-2008 at 08:24 AM.

vCash
    A picture of ipod Nano casing:http://images.macrumors.com/article/...ration_300.jpg

A pictue of the new itouch's case:
    http://images.macrumors.com/article/...ration_300.jpg

Separately, and perhaps more interestingly, iDealsChina claims that the next generation iPod Touch will contain GPS. The iPod Touch is expected to see a revision in the next few weeks
    Last edited by #24 Lakerland; 08-26-2008 at 08:27 AM.

vCash
    Digg.com's Kevin Rose has posted a new blog entry and YouTube video claiming to have knowledge of upcoming iPod updates with a significant number of details:

- Revamp of entire iPod line.
    - Small cosmetic changes to Touch, Nano to see significant redesign (see above)
    - iPods to see fairly large price drops to distance itself from the $199 iPhone.
    - iPod touch 2.1 software, iPhone to get update very soon after.
    - iTunes 8.0 ("it's a big update w/new features").
    - All of this coming in the next 2-3 weeks.
    - Blu-Ray support coming in Mac OS X 10.5.6
    Looks like they're changing everything up in September. I'm waiting for the new Macbooks and Macbook pros to come out and by one of them.

vCash
    I'm really looking forward to this! Hoping to st a new MacBook...

vCash
    My iMac, MacBook Pro, and iPod touch are all just fine as is
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    AppleInsider recaps many of the circulating rumors which expect both iPod and Mac notebook updates in the coming months. Some rumors have pegged September 9th as the possible day for at least some of the updates.

The iPod Nano and iPod touch are expected to see revisions, and long standing MacBook and MacBook Pro rumors point to revised case designs (MacBook, MacBook Pro) that adopt an aluminum/tapered look.

Newly reported, however, are expectations that the Apple iMac will see a refresh prior to the holiday season:

Separately, Apple is also planning to refresh its line of 20- and 24-inch iMac seasons ahead of the holidays. People familiar with these plans have described the refresh to consist of 'speed bumps' rather than major internal or external changes. Based on the roadmap presented to AppleInsider, these systems would debut later this fall following the release of the new MacBooks, making their way to market with little fanfare.
    An iMac update would be contrary to expectations as the iMac is the most recently updated Mac. The iMac was updated in April of this year and introduced early Montevina-like technology. As a result, there would be only marginal improvements if it were updated to the most recently released Penryn/Montevina chipsets.
    Cool stuff.

vCash
    Dont own one as of yet... but looking forward to the new Macbook for next semester. I wonder if there will be a new/improved Macbook Air?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac8675 View Post
    Dont own one as of yet... but looking forward to the new Macbook for next semester. I wonder if there will be a new/improved Macbook Air?
    They said they're going to make them Penryn so their speeds can be 2.0,2.2 and 2.4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by #24 Lakerland View Post
    They said they're going to make them Penryn so their speeds can be 2.0,2.2 and 2.4
    awesome...

vCash
    I'm in the hunt for a new Macbook or Mac Pro and have waited because of rumors of new models coming out.

Is all the speculation only that the designs will be changed? What about performance upgrades? Any news on that front?

vCash
    I've been really disappointed with my BlackBook, and wish I could get rid of it.
    Anyway, a 40+ gig iTouch that doesn't cost me my kidney would be great.