Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    vCash

The Inconvenient Obama

His name is George Hussein Onyango Obama, and he is the 26-year-old half brother of Mr. Obama, the multimillionaire autobiographer who neglected to write that his paternal sibling lives on less than a dollar a month in the outer slums of Nairobi, Kenya.

They have met twice.

Someone who made $4.2 million last year and lives in a mansion that a mobster helped pay for should not be throwing stones. When Mr. Obama's flesh-and-blood lives in squalor, raising the standard of living of his opponent's extended family is probably not a smart idea.

Mr. McCain, of course, would be publicly eviscerated if he funded an ad campaign called "12" - as in the amount of dollars a year Mr. Obama's half-brother subsists on. The message also could accurately point out that Mr. Obama and his wife, Michelle, have consistently fallen short of the national average in charitable contributions since they entered the highest income bracket - despite their ballyhooed "progressive" religious faith that touts "economic equality."

It would also be fair game now to point out that preaching "social justice" pays better than being a United States senator. The Trinity United Church of Christ is building a mansion for the Rev. Jeremiah Wright that includes an elevator, a butler's pantry, a bar, a rubberized exercise room - and the 10,000-square-foot estate backs up to the Odyssey Country Club. (Memo to wealthy Caucasian Republican members of the golf club: "Fore!")

Attached to Mr. Wright's church-funded property is a peculiar $10 million line of credit - presumably, none of which will be given to George Obama.

Mr. McCain's ad also could highlight that Michelle Obama is on leave from her $317,000-a-year job at the University of Chicago Medical Center, which is now under scrutiny - along with Obama campaign chief David Axelrod and two other staffers - for a scheme that, according to the Chicago Sun-Times, "steers patients who don't have private insurance - primarily poor, black people - to other health care facilities."

Does anyone think if Mr. McCain had a sibling living in a trailer park making minimum wage (892 times more than Mr. Obama's half brother's yearly income) that the mainstream media and the Obama campaign wouldn't notice?

Yet Mr. Obama has a half brother who lives in Africa on three cents a day, and the story breaks in an Italian magazine and is picked up by a London newspaper and a few others in Australia. Perhaps the story would be carried widely in America if they could figure out how to blame President Bush. But as Bob Geldof pointed out, he "has done more [for Africa] than any other president," and of the press harshly judged, "You guys didn't pay attention."

Nor will they pay attention that the McCains have adopted a poor Bangladeshi child and done untold amounts of humanitarian and charity work.

What makes this story newsworthy for Italians, Brits and Aussies, but not Americans, is that the U.S. free press is free to ignore stories that could take down their preordained president.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...ent_obama.html

vCash
    Yeah I heard about this. It's no surprise that the most generous people in the world are Americans, but more importantly it's telling who the most generous Americans are.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    So ... his father had another son that never had anything to do, nor did he grow up with, nor was he ever a part of the life of Barack Obama.. and I'm supposed to feel bad because Barack doesn't send him huge amounts of money?

He might be family by blood, but that doesn't make you family. My oldest brother has half brothers from his biological father. My brother is now 37 and has never spoken to them. Why? Because just because his father had more children, it does NOT make them family. For the record, he has not considered that man his father in 30 years either and has not talked to him since.

I guess I don't see the argument hear. What is the national average for donations? I am in the 28% tax bracket.. last year it stands to reason I probably donated in the neighborhood of about $50..

get over it.. I work hard for my money and there are a lot of things I need to do for me, before I can even begin to worry about other people I don't know.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

vCash
    I guess it's an issue because Obama's all like "here's what Americans have to give up, here's who you should give money to, go." And then it turns out he has this family member who is doing terribly.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Obama said America's greatest moral failure is its insufficient help to the disadvantaged. He noted that the Bible quotes Jesus as saying "whatever you do for the least of my brothers, you do for me."

well i wonder if his brother who he met twice counts as "the least of us" ..it would be different if he didnt know his brother lived in a hut on $12 a year... but he does... but doesnt help him cause a camera isn't there

and its not about you and you 28% taxes.. its about multimillionaire Obama the hypocrite

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Fluty View Post
    Obama said America's greatest moral failure is its insufficient help to the disadvantaged. He noted that the Bible quotes Jesus as saying "whatever you do for the least of my brothers, you do for me."

well i wonder if his brother who he met twice counts as "the least of us" ..it would be different if he didnt know his brother lived in a hut on $12 a year... but he does... but doesnt help him cause a camera isn't there

and its not about you and you 28% taxes.. its about multimillionaire Obama the hypocrite
    So, if you were a multimillionaire and your father ditched you when you were two and later went on to have another kid, you'd give your deadbeat dad's new kid a handout?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    I guess it's an issue because Obama's all like "here's what Americans have to give up, here's who you should give money to, go." And then it turns out he has this family member who is doing terribly.
    I guess it depends on your definition of family. I would not consider a half brother whom I have met two times in my life to be family, unless of course I was only 2 days old.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sboyajian View Post
    I guess it depends on your definition of family. I would not consider a half brother whom I have met two times in my life to be family, unless of course I was only 2 days old.
    Exactly. Blood relation =/= family

vCash
    I have a few cousins who I have met once, and they live in Peru as miners.........

vCash
    ok.. so your a multimillionaire and a U.S. Senator... you meet your brother for the second time and he tells you that he lives on $12 a year and you don't help him?

enough said...

vCash
    ok.. so your a multimillionaire and a U.S. Senator... you meet your brother for the second time and he tells you that he lives on $12 a year and you don't help him?

enough said...
    To which I will again say:
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsGirl View Post
    So, if you were a multimillionaire and your father ditched you when you were two and later went on to have another kid, you'd give your deadbeat dad's new kid a handout?
    Enough said.

I really don't know how you could say that you would give him a handout with even a hint of honesty. The only reason you would ever even say yes isn't even because you would, but because you want to be right so that you can say "Obama's a big heartless meanie."
    Last edited by CubsGirl; 08-26-2008 at 02:18 PM.

vCash
    I just have to say that this is a non-issue, just like in the other "inconvenient" thread. You must realize you are talking out of your *** because you have NO real info on the story here. These are people's families with their own dynamics. On top of that, it is hardly even accurate to describe these people as families, as they BARELY know each other. Additionally, has it occurred to you that Obama's brother might not be looking for a hand out? Maybe he is a proud individual who is proud and happy with his lifestyle? I don't know the answers to these questions, and I doubt you do either. Even if Obama's brother wanted the help, how do you know he deserves it? How do you know that his brother isn't a horrible person who might buy drugs/guns whatever? You don't know, so get off this type of topic, because you are just showing yourself to be the worst kind of poster on here.

vCash
    if i met ANYONE making $12 a year and it was someone i knew.. not just a stranger begging on the street.. i would help

how do i know?

because i went to Peru with my wife 10 months ago and some of her family never even seen a digital camera before... so for our new godson (her brothers son) i bought him a digital camera from the capital in Lima and took it to him...

and im not even a multimillionaire...

so your assumption is wrong

vCash
    if i met ANYONE making $12 a year and it was someone i knew.. not just a stranger begging on the street.. i would help

how do i know?

because i went to Peru with my wife 10 months ago and some of her family never even seen a digital camera before... so for our new godson (her brothers son) i bought him a digital camera from the capital in Lima and took it to him...

and im not even a multimillionaire...

so your assumption is wrong
    But Obama doesn't even know his brother. If Obama has lived in a big city like Chicago, he's probably met his neighborhood hobo more times than he's met his brother, and he has an equal obligation to help both - which is none.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosox Believer View Post
    I just have to say that this is a non-issue, just like in the other "inconvenient" thread. You must realize you are talking out of your *** because you have NO real info on the story here. These are people's families with their own dynamics. On top of that, it is hardly even accurate to describe these people as families, as they BARELY know each other. Additionally, has it occurred to you that Obama's brother might not be looking for a hand out? Maybe he is a proud individual who is proud and happy with his lifestyle? I don't know the answers to these questions, and I doubt you do either. Even if Obama's brother wanted the help, how do you know he deserves it? How do you know that his brother isn't a horrible person who might buy drugs/guns whatever? You don't know, so get off this type of topic, because you are just showing yourself to be the worst kind of poster on here.
    You pretty much hit the nail on the head with this post. Who cares about Cindy McCain's dad, or Barack Obama's hardly-half-brother.

This is such a non-issue to distract from the real topics at hand and it's so common it makes me sick to think that people want to pretend that these are real issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast