9 60.00%
  • Pick a guy/gal that votes conservatively to secure his base

5 33.33%
  • Pick a guy/gal to get some in the middle voters and Hillary cast offs

1 6.67%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    I am not assuming anything regarding voter turnout in the past and my arguement was not that the "mormon card" would trump the "black card" or "young card", just that it could make a difference in those 3 states out west. You said it wouldn't matter outside of Utah and I disagree.
    mormon's already turn out and vote for republicans regardless of any factor. they are an extension of the religious right. besides, they are plenty energized with gay marriage bans on ballots to make sure they can discriminate gays at no gain to their own mormon cause.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    Then why is it that only conservative talking heads (like Rush) use it?
    Maybe over there they do but everyone uses it over. There is a world outside of the US you know.

And, although I'm glad that you're reading,
    Nice attempt to slide an insult in there. This is why I hate college libs, you act all high and mighty yet the minute someone disagrees with you you become just as -itcy as the fundies. If you cant articulate your point well enough that you have to resort to insults, I pity you.

you're talking about a huge portion of rank-and-file Democrats. They aren't going to cross the line and vote for John McCain.
    What Ive read says differently.

I still think it's funny (and this isn't a response to your post at all) ...

Hillary Clinton beats out five and a half white guys (Edwards, Biden, Dodd, Kucinich, Gravel, and Richardson -- see, half a white guy if we're playing this whole half-white/half-hispanic thing) and ultimately loses to the one black guy, and people are complaining of sexism on the campaign trail. Were there some gaffes by guys like Chris Matthews and other political pundits as well as t-shirt makers (bros before hos)? Sure! Just the same as we saw the racial-bias of the primary campaign against Obama.

But, that's not why Hillary lost. She had the support of greater than 50% of white male working class likely-Dems voters.

No, Hillary lost because she ran an incredibly poor primary strategy. She was running as a general election candidate before the Iowa Caucus and she never initiated a primary game plan until the had all but lost the nomination ... then she turned it into a burnt earth strategy.

No, feminists won't go to McCain. They'll vote for Obama -- or that Green Party candidate, Cynthia McKinney (GA). Or they'll just stay home.
    Last edited by NotVeryOriginal; 08-26-2008 at 12:07 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NotVeryOriginal View Post
    Maybe over there they do but everyone uses it over. There is a world outside of the US you know.
    LoL! Is there? Wow, wasn't aware.

Fact of the matter is, this is a US Politics discussion and the context in which it was used was about Hillary Clinton supporters. Now, assuming European "feminazis" don't vote in the American political forum, I'm pretty sure that it's safe to assume that it's the conservative side of the aisle that uses the term here in the US.

Oh, and even my favorite conservative on the site backed me up. Thanks BB.

Nice attempt to slide an insult in there. This is why I hate ***** *** libs like you, you act all high and mighty yet the minute someone disagrees with you you become just as *****y as the fundies. If you cant articulate your point well enough that you have to resort to insults, I pity you.
    Yea, wasn't an insult. I really am happy that you're reading; I wish more people would. But, I might take that back now that you've resulted in starred personal insults directed at me.

No, many people throw around buzz terms that generally classify a specific group in a derogatory manner yet ultimately prove themselves uneducated on the general subject. I'm not saying this applies specifically to you, but I am defending my "glad your reading" comment. You made it very obvious that you've studied the subject and I was acknowledging that. Sorry it was miscontrued so poorly.

Great! Again, I'm glad that you're reading and not making baseless claims. If you'd care to cite a source, I'd appreciate it. But, as a traditional Democrat, I don't see our base (the typical Clinton voter) revolting and joining McCain by electing him in the voting booths.

It's not that I haven't read articles or blogs that claim similar ideas (of a quarter of Hillary backers crossing over and voting for McCain). It's that I don't believe them. There's no evidence to support that other than a few disgruntled backers. And, even those are waning (despite the McCain ad released today). They're certainly not as popular as they were a month and a half ago.
    Last edited by SmthBluCitrus; 08-26-2008 at 08:51 AM.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    While I didn't think "glad you're reading" was a personal insult. I sorta see why one could interpret it that way. But it was a stretch. SBC usually isn't demeaning in her posts. And I'm confused about the "can't articulate your point" insult.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    NVO, you edited your post before I saw the original, but personal insults (and compounding the insult with profanity is a twofer) are not tolerated here, and if I or another mod sees that again you will get an infraction.

This is in response to your post above, but as always, these rules apply to everybody.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    LoL! Is there? Wow, wasn't aware.

Fact of the matter is, this is a US Politics discussion and the context in which it was used was about Hillary Clinton supporters. Now, assuming European "feminazis" don't vote in the American political forum, I'm pretty sure that it's safe to assume that it's the conservative side of the aisle that uses the term here in the US.
    Sure.

Yea, wasn't an insult. I really am happy that you're reading; I wish more people would. But, I might take that back now that you've resulted in starred personal insults directed at me.

No, many people throw around buzz terms that generally classify a specific group in a derogatory manner yet ultimately prove themselves uneducated on the general subject. I'm not saying this applies specifically to you, but I am defending my "glad your reading" comment. You made it very obvious that you've studied the subject and I was acknowledging that. Sorry it was miscontrued so poorly. But hey, pity me all you want. I'm just a ***** *** lib.
    Yeah the term is insulting, and it is directed at a specific group. No not women, feminists, not the rational post-feminist kind either, the sexist man hating ***** kind. If someone thinks that Im a pariah of the world just cause I got a penis then Im gunna make no attempt to veil my detest for them. Judging by the popularity of the phrase amonst not just guys, but females of my generation, then Im assuming Im not alone either.

Great! Again, I'm glad that you're reading and not making baseless claims. If you'd care to cite a source, I'd appreciate it. But, as a traditional Democrat, I don't see our base (the typical Clinton voter) revolting and joining McCain by electing him in the voting booths.
    Here, Here, Here, Here, Here, and Here. Thats just from the 1st page of google too, I CBA going into the next pages but Im sure 6 sources is enough right?

It's not that I haven't read articles or blogs that claim similar ideas (of a quarter of Hillary backers crossing over and voting for McCain). It's that I don't believe them. There's no evidence to support that other than a few disgruntled backers. And, even those are waning (despite the McCain ad released today). They're certainly not as popular as they were a month and a half ago.
    In the 2nd (or maybe 3rd) source it has a link to a (gallup?) poll. Listen not that I can vote or owt but Im hoping for Obama to win too, Im just not gunna look at the world through rose coloured glasses whilst Im hoping, especially when I accuse the fundies of looking through rose coloured glasses too.

Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    NVO, you edited your post before I saw the original, but personal insults (and compounding the insult with profanity is a twofer) are not tolerated here, and if I or another mod sees that again you will get an infraction.

This is in response to your post above, but as always, these rules apply to everybody.
    Thats good to know
    Last edited by NotVeryOriginal; 08-26-2008 at 09:43 AM.

vCash
    By the way, that second like is the only time you'll ever see me agree with Chris Matthews on. Like a lot of things Hillary did in her life, she only became a senator and then a candidate for president because of Bill.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    [QUOTE=NotVeryOriginal;6415097]Yeah the term is insulting, and it is directed at a specific group. No not women, faminists, not the rational post-feminist kind either, the sexist man hating ***** kind. If someone thinks that Im a pariah of the world just cause I got a penis then Im gunna make no attempt to veil my detest for them. Judging by the popularity of the phrase amonst not just guys, but females of my generation, then Im assuming Im not alone either.

And, that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion, as are the other people that believe that. I personally find it a derogatory buzzterm that I will, more than likely, never use (or never care to hear used). But, that's just me.

Thats just from the 1st page of google too, I CBA going into the next pages but Im sure 6 sources is enough right?
    I've actually seen a couple of those before. And, I'm not dissing your sources, but a few of them are from back in March when the Obama/Clinton battle was getting pretty heated.

I talked with a lot of these people ... the disgruntled Hillary supporters ... when I worked for our states coordinated campaign. We reached out to get in touch with them to bring them back into the Democratic fold. Now, this was right when she dropped out. There were a lot of very hurt feelings (and a lot of swearing and hanging up ... lol). But, as the days went by the feeling became less and less. Once we get into October, I just don't see the hard feelings holding up. Especially not enough that a quarter of Hill supporters vote for him. If they do, fine; then I'm wrong and I'll admit it. Their numbers will be offset by the indies, cross-overs, and new Democrats.

In the 2nd (or maybe 3rd) source it has a link to a (gallup?) poll. Listen not that I can vote or owt but Im hoping for Obama to win too, Im just not gunna look at the world through rose coloured glasses whilst Im hoping, especially when I accuse the fundies of looking through rose coloured glasses too.
    Good, and I wish we could look forward to your vote. But, your support counts, too. But, I'd disagree that I'm looking at the world through "rose coloured glasses" (and I like the way you spell coloured). I like to try and analyze situations from multiple sides if at all possible. But, my Democratic back ground does put a spin on things. I'll admit that. But, I know everything isn't all rosey. I'm not one of these Dems that believe we're going to win every single seat that's up for grabs -- trust me, they're out there, they exist.

Actually, the candidate I'm getting geared up to work for is probably going to lose ... lol. But, I need the exposure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    I'm sure she has a website. I usually read her every monday in the newspaper. But she's a pretty intelligent columnist from what I've read/
    Well she's been around for a long time. She's seen ups and downs. It's good to have realists like that around.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    [QUOTE=SmthBluCitrus;6416058]
    Yeah the term is insulting, and it is directed at a specific group. No not women, faminists, not the rational post-feminist kind either, the sexist man hating ***** kind. If someone thinks that Im a pariah of the world just cause I got a penis then Im gunna make no attempt to veil my detest for them. Judging by the popularity of the phrase amonst not just guys, but females of my generation, then Im assuming Im not alone either.

And, that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion, as are the other people that believe that. I personally find it a derogatory buzzterm that I will, more than likely, never use (or never care to hear used). But, that's just me.

I've actually seen a couple of those before. And, I'm not dissing your sources, but a few of them are from back in March when the Obama/Clinton battle was getting pretty heated.

I talked with a lot of these people ... the disgruntled Hillary supporters ... when I worked for our states coordinated campaign. We reached out to get in touch with them to bring them back into the Democratic fold. Now, this was right when she dropped out. There were a lot of very hurt feelings (and a lot of swearing and hanging up ... lol). But, as the days went by the feeling became less and less. Once we get into October, I just don't see the hard feelings holding up. Especially not enough that a quarter of Hill supporters vote for him. If they do, fine; then I'm wrong and I'll admit it. Their numbers will be offset by the indies, cross-overs, and new Democrats.

Good, and I wish we could look forward to your vote. But, your support counts, too. But, I'd disagree that I'm looking at the world through "rose coloured glasses" (and I like the way you spell coloured). I like to try and analyze situations from multiple sides if at all possible. But, my Democratic back ground does put a spin on things. I'll admit that. But, I know everything isn't all rosey. I'm not one of these Dems that believe we're going to win every single seat that's up for grabs -- trust me, they're out there, they exist.

Actually, the candidate I'm getting geared up to work for is probably going to lose ... lol. But, I need the exposure.
    Who you campaigning for ?

vCash
    I'm about to take over the campaign manager position (very late in the campaign season ) for a local state house district candidate. I'd rather not get into the specifics -- like his/her name -- for no other reason than the Iowa state party would no longer allow me to post in here or on the other sites that I visit.

Anyhoo - the Dem candidate is running in a district that has been Republican held for awhile. And, although the state as a whole is trending Dem, it's not likely that this seat is going to be overturned ... even though there's no incumbent GOP candidate running.

Then again, I could be really wrong, this district had a massive turnout for Obama in the caucus, and we might ride that wave. But, two of the zip codes we're trying to represent are two of the wealthiest zips in the state.

vCash
    I'm about to take over the campaign manager position (very late in the campaign season ) for a local state house district candidate. I'd rather not get into the specifics -- like his/her name -- for no other reason than the Iowa state party would no longer allow me to post in here or on the other sites that I visit.

Anyhoo - the Dem candidate is running in a district that has been Republican held for awhile. And, although the state as a whole is trending Dem, it's not likely that this seat is going to be overturned ... even though there's no incumbent GOP candidate running.

Then again, I could be really wrong, this district had a massive turnout for Obama in the caucus, and we might ride that wave. But, two of the zip codes we're trying to represent are two of the wealthiest zips in the state.
    Ah the tax dodgers. Lol

vCash
    Ah the tax dodgers. Lol
    LoL!

No comment.

vCash
    can I vote for Neil Patrick Harris?

Doogie Howser for VP!
    "Joe Montana was a product of a system, Dan Marino was a system" -- Bill Walsh

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234