• Ignore Obamas pick and get the guy/gal he always wanted anyway

9 60.00%
  • Pick a guy/gal that votes conservatively to secure his base

5 33.33%
  • Pick a guy/gal to get some in the middle voters and Hillary cast offs

1 6.67%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Does anyone know why Condi Rice isnt running for VP?

I think this would be McCains dream ticket. She has experience and is a familiar face, yet isnt so far up in the Bush admin that she can really take any blame for whats happened the past 8 years. She can get a slice of the black vote because there are conservatives who are voting for Obama just cause hes black, she also secures the female vote from the disenfranchised Hillary femi-nazis, and she attracts the GOP base. I cant see any reason why the RNC isnt doing everything they can to get her to join the ticket? Anyone?

In the end I think he goes with Romney but then again I though Obama would pick Bloomberg

vCash
    I cant see any reason why the RNC isnt doing everything they can to get her to join the ticket? Anyone?
    Perhaps too much of a Bush association.

But...yeah. She'd be a pretty good pick.

vCash
    Hell, I'd vote for Condi for president. She's such an incredibly smart woman. But that would really cement the "Mccain=Bush" argument.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    Hell, I'd vote for Condi for president. She's such an incredibly smart woman. But that would really cement the "Mccain=Bush" argument.
    Yes, but I think she may be able to skate by on that. I think people may have a positive view of her. As opposed to picking someone like Cheney or Rumsfeld.

vCash
    Other than being slandered and attacked while testifying before Congress, she definitely doesn't have the name recognition that brings about feelings of rage than Cheney or Rummy have. So maybe you're right/
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    Yes, but I think she may be able to skate by on that. I think people may have a positive view of her. As opposed to picking someone like Cheney or Rumsfeld.
    I'd probably agree with "more popular than Cheney or Rumsfeld", but then, that's setting the bar pretty damn low. She at least has done herself a favor by (at least by appearances) staying abroad and out of Washington, and appearing often with foreign leaders and never with Bush.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NotVeryOriginal View Post
    she also secures the female vote from the disenfranchised Hillary femi-nazis
    No, she doesn't. Disenfranchised Hillary voters would stay home before they'd vote for somebody within the Bush administration.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    No, she doesn't. Disenfranchised Hillary voters would stay home before they'd vote for somebody within the Bush administration.
    Thats a nice use of selective memory there.

Notice the word 'femi-nazi' anywhere in that post?

vCash
    Thats a nice use of selective memory there.

Notice the word 'femi-nazi' anywhere in that post?
    Ok, I really don't know what you're trying to say here or where you're going ... but I will say this.

It doesn't matter if Condi is tabbed as the VP pick. They're not going to pick up those Clinton supporters (femi-nazi's ... to use your disparaging uber-conservative buzzword).

Feminists are not going to vote for McCain en masse. Sure, a couple will break from the mold as a protest to the Obama nomination, but not enough will side with the furvently "anti-choice" McCain -- regardless of a female sidekick. They will stay home.

I don't know what was so "selective" about my memory based upon my previous post.

vCash
    And to add to SBC's post.

There are women who will vote for McCain because Hillary was snubbed. That's going to happen regardless of who McCain picks.

But if McCain picks a female running mate, it's not going to make more women vote for McCain. Jane Smith won't say "I'm okay with Hillary being snubbed, I don't agree with McCain on anything and Obama agrees with me on A, B, and C. OMG ESTROGEN! Now I have to vote for McCain."

It just won't happen.

And I'm sorry for typing omg. And I'm sorry for typing it that time.

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    Ok, I really don't know what you're trying to say here or where you're going ... but I will say this.

It doesn't matter if Condi is tabbed as the VP pick. They're not going to pick up those Clinton supporters (femi-nazi's ... to use your disparaging uber-conservative buzzword).

Feminists are not going to vote for McCain en masse. Sure, a couple will break from the mold as a protest to the Obama nomination, but not enough will side with the furvently "anti-choice" McCain -- regardless of a female sidekick. They will stay home.

I don't know what was so "selective" about my memory based upon my previous post.
    Femi-nazi isnt a a conservative word and from what Ive read up to 25% of Hillary supporters are swtiching over because mainly of the percieved sexism in picking Obama.

vCash
    And to add to SBC's post.

There are women who will vote for McCain because Hillary was snubbed. That's going to happen regardless of who McCain picks.

But if McCain picks a female running mate, it's not going to make more women vote for McCain. Jane Smith won't say "I'm okay with Hillary being snubbed, I don't agree with McCain on anything and Obama agrees with me on A, B, and C. OMG ESTROGEN! Now I have to vote for McCain."

It just won't happen.

Yeah Im sure it wont happen like THAT.

vCash
    Femi-nazi is a conservative word. It is a sometimes accurate description of crazy feminists who can't handle reality. Like sometimes a father is good in a child's life. Or sometimes aborting a baby isn't for the best. Or maybe genetically women are different than men, especially in math and science.

But it is a conservative buzzword. It was coined by Rush Limbaugh, who is a what?

That's right. A conservative.

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Femi-nazi isnt a a conservative word and from what Ive read up to 25% of Hillary supporters are swtiching over because mainly of the percieved sexism in picking Obama.
    Then why is it that only conservative talking heads (like Rush) use it?

And, although I'm glad that you're reading, you're talking about a huge portion of rank-and-file Democrats. They aren't going to cross the line and vote for John McCain.

I still think it's funny (and this isn't a response to your post at all) ...

Hillary Clinton beats out five and a half white guys (Edwards, Biden, Dodd, Kucinich, Gravel, and Richardson -- see, half a white guy if we're playing this whole half-white/half-hispanic thing) and ultimately loses to the one black guy, and people are complaining of sexism on the campaign trail. Were there some gaffes by guys like Chris Matthews and other political pundits as well as t-shirt makers (bros before hos)? Sure! Just the same as we saw the racial-bias of the primary campaign against Obama.

But, that's not why Hillary lost. She had the support of greater than 50% of white male working class likely-Dems voters.

No, Hillary lost because she ran an incredibly poor primary strategy. She was running as a general election candidate before the Iowa Caucus and she never initiated a primary game plan until the had all but lost the nomination ... then she turned it into a burnt earth strategy.

No, feminists won't go to McCain. They'll vote for Obama -- or that Green Party candidate, Cynthia McKinney (GA). Or they'll just stay home.

vCash
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast