Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Lets face it, Clinton isn't the most golden name in the Democratic Party anymore. A number of Democrats saw the Clinton-centric attitude out of that camp during the primaries. She doesn't hold nearly the power that she thinks she does -- or that people give her credit for. We saw that by the mass defection of supers midway through the nomination process.

I think she would've made a great opponent to McCain, and I think she would've been an even better President. I'm not afraid to admit that could even be a better President than Obama. Hillary would've gotten a lot accomplished with a Democratic majority in Congress. It'll be a learning curve for Obama -- not saying he's not ready, he's just not AS ready as Hillary.

After John Edwards dropped out at the end of January I had a difficult time trying to decide who I'd ultimately like more as the Democratic nominee. I had a certain amount of difficulty supporting Obama over Hillary. Health care is of prime importance to me, and frankly her plan is better in my eyes. But, by mid-February it was apparent that she wasn't going to win the nomination without a major event taking place.

I was glad she stayed in until the end, and I don't think it fractured the party; that's obvious now. But, it certainly cemented the party as the Party of Obama. Yes, there are still Clinton-ites out there that have hurt feelings. But, where are they going to go? McCain? That's a joke! They're Democrats, and they're a fraction of the party whole. They'll either "come around" and vote for Obama, write in Hillary, or stay home. They're not voting McCain.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    so nobama picked a racist?

vCash
    what a shock.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    Wrigs -- won't it be good to have someone second guessing the president for once? We've seen what 7 and a half years of nothing-but-yes-men can do to the country.

I'm not all that excited about Biden, but at least he's not afraid to call anyone out on utter BS.
    Sure. I just found it interesting.

vCash
    I actually like the choice.. Biden has experience, knows when to question Obama's choices if he gets into office.. I like it.. good pick by the Obama campaign

Lets not forget Biden was the Obama in his time.. He went into the senate fairly early and wanted to run for president and all..

vCash

vCash
    i actually think its a good move for obama, bit its kind of ironic when you think about it........ Change, change, change and he picks a guy that has been in washington for the last 35 years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    That's actually a really good ad from the McCain camp.

But in Biden's defense, he also called Obama clean and articulate. So they're even.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Biden is a pretty good speaker.. I'm listening to him live and he isn't a bad speaker

vCash
    being from Florida, McCain's best choice would be Crist because we all know how important Florida is and that would lock it up in this republican state. Being said, Everyone has gone after everybody in this campaign, besides Huckabee and McCain. Hilary took shots at Obama, if she was chosen would they fight and argue? Unless McCain chooses Huckabee, his running mate probably took a shot at him at 1 point in the campaign trail. I am really nervous that McCain would institute a draft if put in the white house. I would be really mad getting shot at. i don't have what the heroes in the military have. McCain can't force us!
    Props to pheagles 10 and phins1983

vCash
    You're not understanding our political system if you actually think 1) McCain would try to instutite the draft, or 2) the democrats would vote for the draft.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    yay no hillary, not one wants a ***** in offense

both candadites piss me off so for me it is which one makes the least dumb statements or moves

and this pick for obama isnt a stupid move
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    yay no hillary, not one wants a ***** in offense
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Man View Post
    i actually think its a good move for obama, bit its kind of ironic when you think about it........ Change, change, change and he picks a guy that has been in washington for the last 35 years
    It's a very good move because Biden balances him. However, as you pointed out, it's not "change", which to me further proves that Obama is just another politician doing and saying what ever it takes to get elected. And yes, same for McCaine, but McCaine's campaign hasn't implied that he's "the one we have been waiting for".

vCash
    I am sad it was not Clinton but I like Uncle Joe. I think Obama/Clinton would of been a unbeatable ticket. I can only hope that with McCain moving up in the polls that Joe will be the attack dog we need and give the replulicans a taste of their own mud slinging medicine.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast