Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm fine with anyone thats not Hilary..

vCash
    *shocked*

vCash
    “There has been no harsher critic of Barack Obama’s lack of experience than Joe Biden,” said McCain spokesman Ben Porritt, in a statement sent to reporters shortly after multiple sources told CNN the presumptive Democratic nominee had selected the Delaware senator as his running mate.

“Biden has denounced Barack Obama’s poor foreign policy judgment and has strongly argued in his own words what Americans are quickly realizing — that Barack Obama is not ready to be President.”
    cnn.com

vCash
    I didn't think it would be Biden. Biden is an a-hole, but he does have foreign policy experience.

2. after a month of taking McCain's body blows, he's about ready to send Biden out with some uppercuts
    Again. What world do you live in where Obama hasn't been attacking Mccain?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    Well this move is obviously for the people who are scared about his experiance and for that it is a great choice.. I heard on the news earlier before this came out though that there is still a large group of Hillary supporters that are going to McCain or are still undecided and for those voters this isn't good.. Anyways I still think Obama has this wrapped up either way.. I don't think this is a bad pick though he would be my 3rd choice for Obama, in no way do I think this is bad.. On a different note I know this is way out there but if there was a VP for McCain that would probably swing my vote I would love Collin Powel.. I know its a strech and never will happen but I really like that guy and thought many years ago he would be the first Black Presidant!! Just my thought!!
    This group of voters still has to decide. Most of them are women, virtually all of them are democrats. They still have to choose between a pro-choice and a pro-life candidate. Which do you think they will choose? They still have to choose between reforming no child left behind or allowing vouchers which divert money away from the public school system. Which do you think they will choose? They have to choose between the party that is responsible for women's suffrage and the party that wants to deny gays equal rights.

I honestly think that the Hillary supporters are angry, and they will demonstrate that as much as possible for as long as they can. But when the real action has to be taken, they have a choice of someone who shares the vast majority of Hillary's values and beliefs, and someone who has pretty much the opposite values and beliefs, do you really think that these people will vote against everything they stand for just to prove a point? I just don't see it happening.
    Last edited by Hawkize31; 08-23-2008 at 05:22 AM.

vCash
    They still have to choose between reforming no child left behind or allowing vouchers which divert money away from the public school system.
    Money is already "diverted" in the public school system.

How do vouchers hurt?
    They have to choose between the party that is responsible for women's suffrage and the party that wants to deny gays equal rights.
    I don't see a connection between those two things.

Hey. The Republicans got rid of slavery, that has to count for something, eh?

do you really think that these people will vote against everything they stand for just to prove a point?
    I think that a lot of voters, aren't even sure what they stand for.

But I agree with what you are saying. How could someone who supports Hillary, vote for someone who disagrees with Hillary on almost everything, simply out of spite? Makes no sense.
    Last edited by gcoll; 08-23-2008 at 06:10 AM.

vCash
    This makes me a lot happier than Evan Bayh. If Jimm Webb wasn't going to be the VP then I'm glad it's Biden.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    HAs anyone heard that there's an offical pittion going around in Denver to vote Hilary in as VP? They are trying to make Hilary his VP canditdate. I guess even offical delegates are trying to get this signed. It would be a shot gun marrige between Obama and Clinton.
    Duke '10 NCAA Tournament Champs
    Yankes '09 World Series Champs
    Giants '08 Super Bowl Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nascar10294 View Post
    HAs anyone heard that there's an offical pittion going around in Denver to vote Hilary in as VP? They are trying to make Hilary his VP canditdate. I guess even offical delegates are trying to get this signed. It would be a shot gun marrige between Obama and Clinton.
    I heard about that awhile back. A petition won't make her a VP. And, "official delegates" (unless SDs) don't really hold a whole lot of weight. There are replacement dele's on the floor.

There are still factions holding out in hopes that Clinton will become the nominee at the convention. I hope they're not holding their breath.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    What's the point of a petition? They could just vote her in. She has enough delegates, that she could get what, 48%-49% of the votes needed to become veep just with her delegates, so if she could get all her delegates to vote her for the VP nomination and just need a few Obama delegate defections.

Lets be honest here though. If Hillary really wanted the VP, she could have gotten it. Biden probably had Hillary's blessing as a pick.

vCash
    Good. Of all the 3 main contenders: Kaine, Bayh, and Biden, I am glad its Biden. The only person I would have preferred over Biden would have been Christopher Dodd.

vCash
    You really think Hillary gave Obama her blessing? I doubt it. The Clintons are the worst kind of power hungry politicians, so Hillary's ego would never let that happen if she had control over the situation. And I don't think Obama would care if Hillary didn't want him to pick Biden
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    You really think Hillary gave Obama her blessing? I doubt it. The Clintons are the worst kind of power hungry politicians, so Hillary's ego would never let that happen if she had control over the situation. And I don't think Obama would care if Hillary didn't want him to pick Biden
    Yea, they showed a clip of her while my dad and i were watching the news yesterday and she said the right thing "I never said i wanted to be the VP" but you could sense the jealously/anger in her voice and those eyes.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    I like the move. Get the vet in there. Gotta love the move here Cotton. Now lets get the White House!

vCash
    Wrigs -- won't it be good to have someone second guessing the president for once? We've seen what 7 and a half years of nothing-but-yes-men can do to the country.

I'm not all that excited about Biden, but at least he's not afraid to call anyone out on utter BS.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast