Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Obama Picks Biden!!

ON all websites!!

vCash
    Senator Joe Biden of Delaware is Barack Obama’s pick as vice presidential running mate, FOX News confirms.

The 65-year-old Biden is a veteran of more than three decades in the Senate, and one of his party’s leading experts on foreign policy, an area in which polls indicate Obama needs help in his race against Republican rival John McCain.

The official spoke Friday on condition of anonymity, saying they did not want to pre-empt a text-message announcement the Obama campaign promised for Saturday morning.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

vCash
    I know I was in the minority and knew it wouldn't be but I think it should be Hillary.. Kinda my last ditch effort to pick him just went out the window..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    I know I was in the minority and knew it wouldn't be but I think it should be Hillary.. Kinda my last ditch effort to pick him just went out the window..
    You should vote on the issues.

vCash
    Lol he said he would announce this in a week. Guess news got out early, and I think this was the wrong decision I think he should of chosen Hillary Clinton she would have given him votes in all of his population holes. But congrats to Biden. I hope Obama wins :P

vCash
    In a nutshell, I think Obama made this choice for two reasons:

1. boosting the foreign policy cred

2. after a month of taking McCain's body blows, he's about ready to send Biden out with some uppercuts
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkize31 View Post
    You should vote on the issues.
    Than I would Vote McCain and I don't want to vote for him lol!! I really am at the point to where I think Obama will win and I am ok with it just to see how much things will "change" and if they will "change" for the better?? I just don't think I will vote either way, I don't like either and I don't see a lesser of the two.. I was hoping Hilliary because the 8 years Bill was in office this country was great and she could've shown Obama a thing or two about how to get us back on track..

vCash
    I think it's a good move, although I wish it was Richardson.

vCash
    http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08...iden-for-veep/

Senator Joe Biden of Delaware is Barack Obama’s pick as vice presidential running mate, FOX News confirms.

The 65-year-old Biden is a veteran of more than three decades in the Senate, and one of his party’s leading experts on foreign policy, an area in which polls indicate Obama needs help in his race against Republican rival John McCain.

The official spoke Friday on condition of anonymity, saying they did not want to pre-empt a text-message announcement the Obama campaign promised for Saturday morning.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    Last edited by HOWE do i do it; 08-24-2008 at 02:28 AM.

vCash
    I really don't see why you think this is such an epic fail. Because the news got out (assuming it's accurate) before they sent their e-mail? Maybe, but who will care about that 2 days from now? Meanwhile, by asking people to sign up to his mailing list in order to get that e-mail, the Obama camp has probably attracted thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of new people who will receive their mailings, and therefore receive their campaign materials and fundraising letters. And some of them will donate. Probably a good sized chunk of them. The devil is in the details, and I think that was actually a pretty crafty little move on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    I was hoping Hilliary because the 8 years Bill was in office this country was great and she could've shown Obama a thing or two about how to get us back on track..
    Who's to say that she won't? Regardless of whether she ended up as his veep, a cabinet member, or remained in the Senate, they'd still end up working closely together, I think. And who's to say that she won't be more effective in the Senate, working with him to draft and push through legislation that they both want to pass? They're still on the same team.

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Well this move is obviously for the people who are scared about his experiance and for that it is a great choice.. I heard on the news earlier before this came out though that there is still a large group of Hillary supporters that are going to McCain or are still undecided and for those voters this isn't good.. Anyways I still think Obama has this wrapped up either way.. I don't think this is a bad pick though he would be my 3rd choice for Obama, in no way do I think this is bad.. On a different note I know this is way out there but if there was a VP for McCain that would probably swing my vote I would love Collin Powel.. I know its a strech and never will happen but I really like that guy and thought many years ago he would be the first Black Presidant!! Just my thought!!

vCash
    I'll be honest here. I can't stand Obama, think he's a phony, don't believe in "change we can believe in," all that jazz. But I'm really surprised his camp kept this secret as long as they did. So congrats on that, that's kinda a modern political marvel
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    The GOP will scare McCain away from a pick that even entertains any notion of pro-choicy-ness, and he'll go with a hardline pro-lifer.

That's all Obama needs to squarely secure any Hillary supporters who truly believe in what she believes in. The ones (at least the most vocal ones) who betray her wishes and go to McCain are mostly a fringe element whose numbers are not that great.

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    It's official on Obama's website now:

screencap / link

They also said on CNN that the text message did indeed go out, but I haven't gotten my e-mail yet.

Atheists Of PSD

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast