Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Favorite Political Pundit

With all the talk about the "spin machines," Olbermann/Hannity/Rush/etc ..., and biased media that flies around here from time-to-time I'd like to know who people DO actually like when it comes to Political Punditry.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of Chuck Todd on MSNBC. I suppose he's technically more of a political analyst and he doesn't really give his "opinion," but I did hear that he's a candidate to replace Tim Russert on Meet the Press - which would thrust the title of "pundit" upon him.

Other than that, I do generally watch Morning Joe with Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski (the Olympics have kicked them off the air for a bit). I like their interplay.

I suppose it looks like I watch a lot of MSNBC. But, I get more of my actual news from a variety of sources.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    "Which of THESE stories will you be talking about in the morning...?"

KO all the way baby!

vCash
    I admit, I used to watch a lot of Olbermann. But, when "Bill-O" started becoming the Worst Person in the World day after day, and when Keith started making himself bigger than the story, I quickly lost my motivation to watch.

I don't remember exactly what he said once, but it's how he puts thing when he asks questions of his "experts." Something like "Does Mr. Bush have green monkey's that guide him spiritually, or is it just that he really hates the poor?" He just makes totally absurd claims knowing that they're generally completely fabricated. It just got under my skin; so I stopped watching.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    I take that stuff satirically.

vCash
    I could not hate KO any more. The man is garbage. My favorites would also be described as analysts rather than pundits.

My favorite would be David Gergen. He seems to give insight and analysis on both sides without favoring one. Chuck Todd, who was mentioned, is good as well.

I also enjoy Carville, despite disagreeing with him on nearly everything. But, at least he has personality and doesn't play the victim all the time like many liberals/democrats. On the right, I enjoy Pat Buchanan, who is the only reason I'd ever turn on MSNBC.
    Last edited by b1e9a8r5s; 08-22-2008 at 02:52 PM. Reason: bad gramar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    I admit, I used to watch a lot of Olbermann. But, when "Bill-O" started becoming the Worst Person in the World day after day, and when Keith started making himself bigger than the story, I quickly lost my motivation to watch.

I don't remember exactly what he said once, but it's how he puts thing when he asks questions of his "experts." Something like "Does Mr. Bush have green monkey's that guide him spiritually, or is it just that he really hates the poor?" He just makes totally absurd claims knowing that they're generally completely fabricated. It just got under my skin; so I stopped watching.
    Keith Olbermann is actually the biggest douche bag in the world. He's like Bill O'Reilly but somehow more biased. Actually, if O'reilly was more biased and spent half his show *****ing about people with better ratings and careers, he'd be Olbermann.

And let's be honest, he looks even more like a d-bag in those glasses. I didn't think it was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    I also enjoy Carville, despite disagreeing with him on nearly everything. But, at least he has personality and doesn't play the victim all the time like many liberals/democrats. On the right, I enjoy Pat Buchanan, who is the only reason I'd ever turn on MSNBC.
    Yeah Carville's at least intelligent. He looks like a UFO but he makes some good points.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Katrina Vanden-Heuvel seems to be on point.

Favorite republican analyst is probably Mike Murphy.

vCash
    Chuck Todd/Nate Silver are two of my favorites, and probably most intelligent.

Also, "Rupert Murdoch is today's worst person in the world!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cfBm6ryJ-Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQDkGaV92mU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    Personally, I'm a huge fan of Chuck Todd on MSNBC. I suppose he's technically more of a political analyst and he doesn't really give his "opinion," but I did hear that he's a candidate to replace Tim Russert on Meet the Press - which would thrust the title of "pundit" upon him.
    Agrred. Todd is very good. He seems to rise above the BS that MSNBC spews. He seems genuinely uncomfortable when talking with hack Olbermann, as anyone with a shred of credibility probably would.
    I think he would make an excellent replacement for Russert.

Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    Keith Olbermann is actually the biggest douche bag in the world. He's like Bill O'Reilly but somehow more biased. Actually, if O'reilly was more biased and spent half his show *****ing about people with better ratings and careers, he'd be Olbermann.

And let's be honest, he looks even more like a d-bag in those glasses. I didn't think it was possible.
    Quite posiibly, the most spot on description of Olbermann ever printed. That should be on his Wikepedia page. Good work.

vCash
    I just wish there were a political reporter who was as good at slicing through the BS and giving the real story as Michael Ware is at covering wars.

I live in Japan, so I can't watch too much TV. I have CNN, but 85-90% of the programming is "CNN International". "World Sports" is soccer, tennis, golf, soccer, golf, sailing, F1, soccer, and then a 1-minute recap at the end for basketball, football, hockey and baseball. So that should give you some idea of the depth of their U.S. political coverage.

But for a solidly Dem pundit, I'll go with Donna Brazille.

---------

edit-

I do think Gergen probably deserves props for playing fair to both sides for the most part. He really does come across as a "detached" analyst without any personal investment in any side of any political situation.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    I'm convinced Donna Brazille is one of the few remaining intelligent black pundits on the left. She doesn't ***** about slavery, she's never been responsible for the death of jews, she's never lynched white people for being born white... I would have tapped her to be the head of the DNC but that's just me
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Wow, bb, did you just say you would have tapped Donna Brazille? Daaaaamn, dude....

I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    blenderboy5

vCash
    hahaha

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    I like reading Andrew Sullivan and Marc Ambinder (and pretty much everyone at The Atlantic). They're both conservatives but they don't peddle anyone's talking points.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast