Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    -
    Posts
    28,432
    vCash
    1500

    The pro-_______ Thread

    What surprises me a lot is that bleeding hearts' hearts don't bleed for unborn infants.

    I don't get it at all.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    a cardbroad box under the overpass
    Posts
    3,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonwarne52 View Post
    What surprises me a lot is that bleeding hearts' hearts don't bleed for unborn infants.

    I don't get it at all.
    What surprises me a lot is that far-right folks don't give a damn about children once they are here. Stopping drugs from coming into a neighberhood, using the excuse that they don't want to learn ( at one time they said they couldn't learn) to not fortify our education systems, healthcare for infants and children and letting children live in dangerous environments.
    I get it, we don't want to do the heavy lifting to better our children lives.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,805
    vCash
    1500
    I thought this thread was supposed to be a simple I'm X years old and am a "_____". Instead I've learned that people on the right don't care about children, lol. You've all got to learn to play nice and have arguements based on substance, not name calling.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    a cardbroad box under the overpass
    Posts
    3,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    I thought this thread was supposed to be a simple I'm X years old and am a "_____". Instead I've learned that people on the right don't care about children, lol. You've all got to learn to play nice and have arguements based on substance, not name calling.
    Hey the guy made a blanket statement and I added mine own.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    -
    Posts
    28,432
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Hey the guy made a blanket statement and I added mine own.
    Yeah, only mine actually made sense.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    a cardbroad box under the overpass
    Posts
    3,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonwarne52 View Post
    Yeah, only mine actually made sense.
    I tried of the abortion debate. If you outlaw abortion, the rich will have their private doctor do it and the poor will be in the back alley getting it done by butchers. It is a evil that gets worse when it is illegal. It is not about not caring for the unborn, but controling the abortion industry.
    A blanket statement just look good to the naive.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    23,136
    vCash
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I tried of the abortion debate. If you outlaw abortion, the rich will have their private doctor do it and the poor will be in the back alley getting it done by butchers. It is a evil that gets worse when it is illegal. It is not about not caring for the unborn, but controling the abortion industry.
    A blanket statement just look good to the naive.
    Only problem is you can make that argument for just about anything illegal... "well people are doing it anyways even though its illegal so obviously we should just allow it"

    The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    a cardbroad box under the overpass
    Posts
    3,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    Only problem is you can make that argument for just about anything illegal... "well people are doing it anyways even though its illegal so obviously we should just allow it"
    They did it with with beer, because the corruption, death toll, and the hoodlums making tons of money put a strain on the social system. Not everybody is religious, or think life begins at conception. Some consider it a woman's personal decision. I am against abortion pass the first tri-semster, but anything before that is a woman personal choice. Any religious feeling about it should be a personal expression not a political agenda. Hell, we don't even worry about the welfare of our nation's children, so this pious attitude about unborn babies is self-serving.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,805
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    They did it with with beer, because the corruption, death toll, and the hoodlums making tons of money put a strain on the social system. Not everybody is religious, or think life begins at conception. Some consider it a woman's personal decision. I am against abortion pass the first tri-semster, but anything before that is a woman personal choice. Any religious feeling about it should be a personal expression not a political agenda. Hell, we don't even worry about the welfare of our nation's children, so this pious attitude about unborn babies is self-serving.
    I say we do it with Kiddy Porn too. People are doing it anyways, and as you say, "we don't even worry about the welfare of our nation's children".

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    23,136
    vCash
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    They did it with with beer, because the corruption, death toll, and the hoodlums making tons of money put a strain on the social system. Not everybody is religious, or think life begins at conception. Some consider it a woman's personal decision. I am against abortion pass the first tri-semster, but anything before that is a woman personal choice. Any religious feeling about it should be a personal expression not a political agenda. Hell, we don't even worry about the welfare of our nation's children, so this pious attitude about unborn babies is self-serving.
    I don't know what this has to do with religion... I mean my religion plays absolutely not roll in my view on abortion considering (to be completely honest) I haven't seen a verse of the Bible that gives an opinion on the subject.

    However I do believe once a woman has exercised her right to consentual sex her choice has already been made. The basis of sex is reproduction and once a person makes the choice to engage in "the reproduction method" they should have to live with the results. To say otherwise puts each and every individual's life into the hands of someone who may or may not be responsible enough to handle it. For all we know someone who could have provided the world with the cure to cancer was aborted and never given the chance to offer the world something new, all because women all of a sudden have this right to deny life to the world and people who would love and care for it.

    The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    a cardbroad box under the overpass
    Posts
    3,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    I say we do it with Kiddy Porn too. People are doing it anyways, and as you say, "we don't even worry about the welfare of our nation's children".
    sure, while we are being simple-minded, add animal sex too.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    a cardbroad box under the overpass
    Posts
    3,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    I don't know what this has to do with religion... I mean my religion plays absolutely not roll in my view on abortion considering (to be completely honest) I haven't seen a verse of the Bible that gives an opinion on the subject.

    However I do believe once a woman has exercised her right to consentual sex her choice has already been made. The basis of sex is reproduction and once a person makes the choice to engage in "the reproduction method" they should have to live with the results. To say otherwise puts each and every individual's life into the hands of someone who may or may not be responsible enough to handle it. For all we know someone who could have provided the world with the cure to cancer was aborted and never given the chance to offer the world something new, all because women all of a sudden have this right to deny life to the world and people who would love and care for it.
    The religious right are the major backers of anti-abortion agenda. Come on you knew this.
    I agree about missing greatness in aborting a child, but do we have the right to police a woman's body? Being a man, do I have the right to force mine views on a woman? Your beliefs are great for you, but may not be for someone else.
    Sorry got to go, work calls.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,805
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    The religious right are the major backers of anti-abortion agenda. Come on you knew this.
    I agree about missing greatness in aborting a child, but do we have the right to police a woman's body? Being a man, do I have the right to force mine views on a woman? Your beliefs are great for you, but may not be for someone else.
    Sorry got to go, work calls.
    You know the other side of this don't you? Do we have the right to police a baby by determining it should die? And there in lies the issue.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    23,136
    vCash
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    The religious right are the major backers of anti-abortion agenda. Come on you knew this.
    I agree about missing greatness in aborting a child, but do we have the right to police a woman's body? Being a man, do I have the right to force mine views on a woman? Your beliefs are great for you, but may not be for someone else.
    Sorry got to go, work calls.
    Well as much as woman may like to say otherwise, its not their right to police children.... and why shouldn't men have a say I'd say they have just as much claim to a child as a woman who "offered her body" in the first place.

    The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    9,701
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    Well as much as woman may like to say otherwise, its not their right to police children.... and why shouldn't men have a say I'd say they have just as much claim to a child as a woman who "offered her body" in the first place.
    Ok, to play devil's advocate here -- and the likely feminist card (mind you, I'm no feminist, and this isn't my personal argument, but it needs to be made).

    How much say should the male reasonably have? They have a task that lasts all of 5 minutes ( ... I'm just saying, it doesn't always take long). Women have to actually deal with it.

    -What's to say the father will even stick around or help in the raising of the child emotionally, physically, and monetarily.
    -It also isn't the man's body. The woman has to carry the child.
    -What if the mother's life ... or the baby's life ... is in danger? Do you let the mother die with little chance of survival for the child outside the womb?
    -What about cases of rape? Should the woman be forced to carry the offspring of a rapist?

    The thing is, you can't hold judgement over all the cases. Access to safe abortions needs to be legal, otherwise you'd be tying up the judicial system even more so than it already it.

    I'm a woman, and personally I'm pro-life where it concerns my own body. I have never considered abortion (I have two children, the first was conceived prior to my husband and I getting married ... we were engaged at the time).

    -HOWEVER- I will not hold judgement over the decision of another woman. I don't believe it should be used as a form of birth control, but it still isn't my place (nor is it anyone else's but hers). She can include the father in her decision, or not, but that's her perogative.

    Abortion needs to remain safe, legal, and rare. Sexual education is always the best tactic to take so the expecting can make an informed decision.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •