Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Shakedown Street, Japan
    Posts
    30,277
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragic Johnson View Post
    Nice spin.
    Did I miss something, or were you not very recently getting on another poster's case for always coming back with that?

    Is there an echo in this forum?



    Okay, man, you win. Obama really believes there are 57 states.

    That's why he graduated Magna cum Laude (that's the top 1% in case you're counting) from Harvard Law School.

    McCain also graduated in a particular 1% of his class at the Naval Academy. But it wasn't the top 1%... hmmm... which 1% was it...?
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

    Atheists Of PSD

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Grand Forks, North Dakota
    Posts
    3,426
    vCash
    1500
    McCain has quite a few McMansions, coming from a guy who says Obama's an elitist.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    859
    vCash
    1500
    Why do people care? It isn't like he inherrited all these houses from relitives. Him and Cindy were able to earn them from working hard. Also, one of the houses McCain has is used by his siclky aunt. Also, why would is this a big deal when Obama probably couldn't name the amount of step brothers he has. Also, he wanted to buy a manchon, but didn't have enough money so he barrowed from someone who is in jail now.

    But really, is this how shallow our election has gotten?
    Duke '10 NCAA Tournament Champs
    Yankes '09 World Series Champs
    Giants '08 Super Bowl Champs

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,957
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nascar10294 View Post
    Why do people care? It isn't like he inherrited all these houses from relitives. Him and Cindy were able to earn them from working hard. Also, one of the houses McCain has is used by his siclky aunt. Also, why would is this a big deal when Obama probably couldn't name the amount of step brothers he has. Also, he wanted to buy a manchon, but didn't have enough money so he barrowed from someone who is in jail now.

    But really, is this how shallow our election has gotten?
    are you serious? where did Cindy get her money from again? in what industry did she work? Oh wait, she inherited it! So technically, they did inherit pretty much everything they have. she's rich from inheritance and has only worked in philanthropic roles because she has never had to earn a living. Do some research:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cindy_Hensley_McCain

    I can't believe you actually think they worked for everything they have when in fact Cindy has never really worked a day in her life. McCain married a hot rich chick, case closed. They didn't work hard, or have great ideas or investments, she just has a good maiden name.

    Obama didn't "barrow" from someone in jail, check the story again and come back when your talking point is straightened out. I'll respond to it when you can at least repeat it as cleanly as Hannity delivers it.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    I think people care because, as I already stated, how could someone with 7 houses understand the plight of someone struggling to pay for one house while facing foreclosure? Of course, the only people who can truly understand what it's like to face foreclosure are the unfortunate people/stupid and/or gullible borrowers facing foreclosure.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,957
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    I think people care because, as I already stated, how could someone with 7 houses understand the plight of someone struggling to pay for one house while facing foreclosure? Of course, the only people who can truly understand what it's like to face foreclosure are the unfortunate people/stupid and/or gullible borrowers facing foreclosure.
    those aren't the only people. there are also investors, and those making a tough financial decision for their future based on the depreciating values.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21,592
    vCash
    1500
    Obama is elitist because he eats arugala?
    No. Obama is an elitist because he feels as if it is his duty to lecture people about how to live their lives.

    Something about a millionaire telling me to forsake a job in the corporate world, in order to help the community....reeks of elitism.

    When a rich guy stands on a stage, and grandstands about the rich not doing their fair share......something is messed up.


    About this story. I don't really give a ****. Newsflash, Mccain is rich. He's a politician. Usually those people are rich.
    Last edited by gcoll; 08-23-2008 at 05:16 AM.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Shakedown Street, Japan
    Posts
    30,277
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    Something about a millionaire telling me to forsake a job in the corporate world, in order to help the community....reeks of elitism.
    When Obama wasn't rich, when he was fresh out of Harvard Law, that's exactly what he did. He could have taken a Wall Street job easily. Instead he took a job organizing voter registration that payed for **** in terms of what typical Harvard Law grads make. So if he asks anybody to do something similar, he's not asking them to do something he himself hasn't done already. If you want to call that "elitist", fine. But you're wrong.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

    Atheists Of PSD

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Jerzey
    Posts
    820
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    When Obama wasn't rich, when he was fresh out of Harvard Law, that's exactly what he did. He could have taken a Wall Street job easily. Instead he took a job organizing voter registration that payed for **** in terms of what typical Harvard Law grads make. So if he asks anybody to do something similar, he's not asking them to do something he himself hasn't done already. If you want to call that "elitist", fine. But you're wrong.
    so your saying he never had a real job? Then why should we listen to him when it comes to the economy when all the man has done is receive money from the government all of his life.... oh and 5 million dollars from his book

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    are you serious? where did Cindy get her money from again? in what industry did she work? Oh wait, she inherited it! So technically, they did inherit pretty much everything they have. she's rich from inheritance and has only worked in philanthropic roles because she has never had to earn a living. Do some research:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cindy_Hensley_McCain

    I can't believe you actually think they worked for everything they have when in fact Cindy has never really worked a day in her life. McCain married a hot rich chick, case closed. They didn't work hard, or have great ideas or investments, she just has a good maiden name.

    Obama didn't "barrow" from someone in jail, check the story again and come back when your talking point is straightened out. I'll respond to it when you can at least repeat it as cleanly as Hannity delivers it.
    Based on that rant, I hope you didn't support Kerry. Because he married an ugly foreign ***** who married a guy who inherited a lot of money but was unfortunate enough to die in a plane crash.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    Did I miss something, or were you not very recently getting on another poster's case for always coming back with that?

    Is there an echo in this forum?
    There's a difference between saying:

    "Nice spin, here's why..."

    and saying (post after post after post...):

    "You are just regurgitating someone else's spin. I have proven you wrong. I am great"

    And I'm not the only one who feels that way about that poster. So no, there's not an echo in this forum.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21,592
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    When Obama wasn't rich, when he was fresh out of Harvard Law, that's exactly what he did. He could have taken a Wall Street job easily. Instead he took a job organizing voter registration that payed for **** in terms of what typical Harvard Law grads make. So if he asks anybody to do something similar, he's not asking them to do something he himself hasn't done already. If you want to call that "elitist", fine. But you're wrong.
    Yes. I'm calling that elitist, because he (as a politician) has no right to tell anyone how to live their lives. It's none of his business. When you feel it is your duty to lecture people about how to live.....I am gonna call that certainly snobbish. Elitist may be the wrong word, but my point is still the same.

    And I don't care what he did fresh out of law school.....he and his wife have money. They've had high paying jobs in the corporate world.

    Also. Not everyone has the safety net of being a Harvard Law graduate. That's a safety net. You can take a job for less money and still know that if you ran into tough times, you had a Harvard education, and could get a high paying job if need be.


    And I'm not the only one who feels that way about that poster. So no, there's not an echo in this forum.
    Yeah. Claiming that Sean Hannity or Rush has said something, really does nothing to falsify the claim.

    Speaking of talk radio though, I was listening to the Randi Rhodes show yesterday....and she claimed that Mccain was never tortured. Went on quite a long rant about it. Found that kind of funny with all the complaining about the conservative talk radio hosts...
    Last edited by gcoll; 08-23-2008 at 06:46 PM.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    Oddly enough liberal talk radio never caught on with the american people. Can't imagine why (though I have a feeling it has to do with competition or something...)
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Shakedown Street, Japan
    Posts
    30,277
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    Yes. I'm calling that elitist, because he (as a politician) has no right to tell anyone how to live their lives. It's none of his business. When you feel it is your duty to lecture people about how to live.....I am gonna call that certainly snobbish. Elitist may be the wrong word, but my point is still the same.

    And I don't care what he did fresh out of law school.....he and his wife have money. They've had high paying jobs in the corporate world.

    Also. Not everyone has the safety net of being a Harvard Law graduate. That's a safety net. You can take a job for less money and still know that if you ran into tough times, you had a Harvard education, and could get a high paying job if need be.



    Yeah. Claiming that Sean Hannity or Rush has said something, really does nothing to falsify the claim.

    Speaking of talk radio though, I was listening to the Randi Rhodes show yesterday....and she claimed that Mccain was never tortured. Went on quite a long rant about it. Found that kind of funny with all the complaining about the conservative talk radio hosts...
    It should also be pointed out that there is a difference between "telling" and "asking". You don't seem to have figured that one out yet.

    Aside from that, you seem to be ignoring the fact that when he has said things that you're referring to - the tire gauge comment, for example - it often has been in direct response to someone asking him, "What can I do to help?"

    Some people actually want to make a personal contribution, you see, and not just consume, consume, consume.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

    Atheists Of PSD

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21,592
    vCash
    1500
    It should also be pointed out that there is a difference between "telling" and "asking". You don't seem to have figured that one out yet
    Noted.
    it often has been in direct response to someone asking him, "What can I do to help?"
    Yeah. I didn't know that was the original context of the tire gauge thing.
    Some people actually want to make a personal contribution, you see, and not just consume, consume, consume.
    This is untrue.

    People want the peace of mind to THINK that they are contributing somehow, but they don't actually want to stop consuming. They want the consumption without the guilt. So they slap a "save the whales" bumper sticker on their car and go about their merry way.

    And the best thing you can do as a politician is to capitalize on that laziness, by picking a target. In the case of the democrats it's usually the rich, who are screwing people over. In the case of the republicans, it's the government itself, and the inefficient bureaucracy and welfare systems it creates, that are screwing people over.

    Look at the "oil crisis". Demand rises in China, prices go up. And everyone blames the speculators. People who had no idea what a speculator was 2 months ago, will now say with confidence "The speculators are screwing everyone over....gotta crack down on them"

    Also. I dislike the notion that working for the corporate world, is an entirely selfish thing. Or that working for the state, is a selfless thing to do. Neither is true.

    And hell. Say what you want about the corporate world, but at least they can provide a service. At least they can punish laziness, and inefficiency. Not something the government can do all that well.
    Last edited by gcoll; 08-24-2008 at 08:31 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •