Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 114
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    11,115
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    wow, you obviosly have never been outside the united states. Be happy for what you have, you still live in the best nation in the world
    I am moving to Ireland in 2014 so...............

    There, I reworded it.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    22,539
    vCash
    1500
    I find it amazing how people say they admire Obama because of his no mudslinging campaign yet the only real reason I have heard for voting for Obama was because McCain is George Bush's clone? I mean I have heard Obama wants change but I have yet to hear him suggest one thing that would put this country in a better position.... in fact I believe his policies would put us in a worse position than we already are in....

    The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastside Scott View Post
    Thank you so much for putting me in my place. You coherently and intelligently articulated the many reasosn that you feel one should vote for Obama. Allow me to paraphrase:

    1. He is a semi-decent man
    2. He is not Bush
    3. He is not Bush
    4. He is not Bush
    5. He is not Bush
    6. He is not Bush
    7. He is not Bush

    I stand corrected, sorry about that.


    My favorite part was when he said that Obama:

    "...has the right ideas in mind"

    Not that he has done anything significant with those ideas in his political life, but just that he has them.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    11,115
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragic Johnson View Post


    My favorite part was when he said that Obama:

    "...has the right ideas in mind"

    Not that he has done anything significant with those ideas in his political life, but just that he has them.
    Oh yes, because McCain's ideas are to keep the US in Iraq, and have hundreds of more American solider casualties. Sounds like a great idea!


  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Shakedown Street, Japan
    Posts
    30,259
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastside Scott View Post
    Thank you so much for putting me in my place. You coherently and intelligently articulated the many reasosn that you feel one should vote for Obama. Allow me to paraphrase:

    1. He is a semi-decent man
    2. He is not Bush
    3. He is not Bush
    4. He is not Bush
    5. He is not Bush
    6. He is not Bush
    7. He is not Bush

    I stand corrected, sorry about that.

    Well, allow ME to paraphrase the McCain message:

    1. I was a POW.
    2. Obama is an unpatriotic traitor who will help terrorists destroy America while he gets it on with young white girls. (doesn't matter that this one's a big fact ****ing LIE, I'm just going to keep repeating it anyways)
    3. I was a POW.
    4. Obama is an unpatriotic traitor who will help terrorists destroy America while he gets it on with young white girls.
    5. I was a POW.
    6. Obama is an unpatriotic traitor who will help terrorists destroy America while he gets it on with young white girls.
    7. I was a POW.
    8. Obama is an unpatriotic traitor who will help terrorists destroy America while he gets it on with young white girls.
    9. I was a POW.
    10. Obama is an unpatriotic traitor who will help terrorists destroy America while he gets it on with young white girls.



    Ah, the "respectful" McCain campaign that is "reluctant" to use his POW experience for campaigning. Talkin' straight as Richard Simmons.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

    Atheists Of PSD

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    11,115
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    Well, allow ME to paraphrase the McCain message:

    1. I was a POW.
    2. Obama is an unpatriotic traitor who will help terrorists destroy America while he gets it on with young white girls. (doesn't matter that this one's a big fact ****ing LIE, I'm just going to keep repeating it anyways)
    3. I was a POW.
    4. Obama is an unpatriotic traitor who will help terrorists destroy America while he gets it on with young white girls.
    5. I was a POW.
    6. Obama is an unpatriotic traitor who will help terrorists destroy America while he gets it on with young white girls.
    7. I was a POW.
    8. Obama is an unpatriotic traitor who will help terrorists destroy America while he gets it on with young white girls.
    9. I was a POW.
    10. Obama is an unpatriotic traitor who will help terrorists destroy America while he gets it on with young white girls.



    Ah, the "respectful" McCain campaign that is "reluctant" to use his POW experience for campaigning. Talkin' straight as Richard Simmons.
    My personal favorite:

    I would make a great President because..............

    In Vietnam in 1962, blah blah blah blah, I was a POW.

    Then he ends it, I am a true American hero. Vote for me if you want another 4 years of Bush!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yaowowrocket11 View Post
    Oh yes, because McCain's ideas are to keep the US in Iraq, and have hundreds of more American solider casualties. Sounds like a great idea!

    However, no matter what you think of McCain's ideas, at least you can compare and contrast them with his actual actions from many years as a top player in the national political arena (I know you probably didn't mean to side step the fact that this was the main point of my post ).

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    11,115
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragic Johnson View Post
    However, no matter what you think of McCain's ideas, at least you can compare and contrast them with his actual actions from many years as a top player in the national political arena (I know you probably didn't mean to side step the fact that this was the main point of my post ).
    Ooh ok. I'll compare.

    Agreeing with Bush on 95% of Amendment and bill voting.

    Happy?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yaowowrocket11 View Post
    My personal favorite:

    I would make a great President because..............

    In Vietnam in 1962, blah blah blah blah, I was a POW.

    Then he ends it, I am a true American hero. Vote for me if you want another 4 years of Bush!
    So, for those of you keeping score at home, according to Democrats:

    1992 - Vietnam service: shouldn't matter.

    1996 - Vietnam service: shouldn't matter.

    2004 - Vietnam service: should matter.

    2008 - Vietnam service: shouldn't matter.

    got it.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    11,115
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragic Johnson View Post
    So, for those of you keeping score at home, according to Democrats:

    1992 - Vietnam service: shouldn't matter.

    1996 - Vietnam service: shouldn't matter.

    2004 - Vietnam service: should matter.

    2008 - Vietnam service: shouldn't matter.

    got it.
    Never said it shouldn't matter. It's just the main point in McCain's campaign, which isn't a good reason to vote for a President. You should concentrate on his policies that he would put into action, not his war experience.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yaowowrocket11 View Post
    Ooh ok. I'll compare.

    Agreeing with Bush on 95% of Amendment and bill voting.

    Happy?
    You are still side stepping the main point. I'm beginning to think you are doing it on purpose.

    Let's try again. You say McCain's voting record, according to you, is a failure. Therefore his ideas are crap. The records shows it. Well, how do you know that Obama will be able to execute the ideas that you are so in love with? Can you say, "He implemented his ideas in a large scale here and here and they worked"? Let me take a stab at your answer: "McCane is like Bush".
    Last edited by Tragic Johnson; 08-21-2008 at 12:11 AM.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yaowowrocket11 View Post
    Never said it shouldn't matter. It's just the main point in McCain's campaign, which isn't a good reason to vote for a President. You should concentrate on his policies that he would put into action, not his war experience.
    Yeah, you are right. He took a camera with him to Vietnam so that he could later use the footage to advance his political career. That was despicable.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    11,115
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragic Johnson View Post
    You are still side stepping the main point. I'm begging to think you are doing it on purpose.

    Let's try again. You say McCain's voting record, according to you, is a failure. Therefore his ideas are crap. The records shows it. Well, how do you know that Obama will be able to execute the ideas that you are so in love with? Can you say, "He implemented his ideas in a large scale here and here and they they worked"? Let me take a stab at your answer: "McCane is like Bush".
    Voting records are basically ideas. McCain's voting record is the same as Bush, and look how that turned out. Obama hasn't execute the ideas because it is almost impossible as a US Senator. Everything goes to vote. He lacks experience, its obvious. If he had plenty of time like McCain, he could implement his ideas, because he actually has positive ones!

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    11,115
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragic Johnson View Post
    Yeah, you are right. He took a camera with him to Vietnam so that he could later use the footage to advance his political career. That was despicable.
    Name one thing McCain talks about more than his past Vietnam experience.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Shakedown Street, Japan
    Posts
    30,259
    vCash
    1500
    TJ, it's not that it shouldn't matter as evidence of McCain's service to his country.

    It's that it doesn't matter in terms of whether it means he will be a good president or not. But you wouldn't know that from listening to him, because that's all he talks about. He connects EVERYTHING back to that.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

    Atheists Of PSD

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •