Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    you cant blame everything on bush for the last 4 years the house and senate have a huge say in things and the majority of them are dem so yeah

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Telios9 View Post
    you cant blame everything on bush for the last 4 years the house and senate have a huge say in things and the majority of them are dem so yeah
    Um ... Dems didn't take control until 2006 in Congress. And, even then, there is only a majority in the Senate if you count Lieberman as a Dem.

And, the Dems actually lost two seats in 2004 in the House, and the GOP had a 232 - 202 majority coming out of that election.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    And, the past two years of the Bush Administration (when there has been a Dem majority in Congress) has been the best two years of his entire tenure. Particularly from a foreign policy point of view.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    And, the past two years of the Bush Administration (when there has been a Dem majority in Congress) has been the best two years of his entire tenure. Particularly from a foreign policy point of view.
    the iraq war is raging as strong as ever, and now we're growling at russia again. all bush has done for foreign policy the last couple years is go to the olympics. and it's under democratic control that the oil prices skyrocketed out of control. the reason is simple; bush knows his time is short and is getting all the money he can, while he can. but still, the economy hasn't exactly become leaps and bounds better the last couple years

Seriously, who else are you gonna vote for?!

vCash
    ive never seen mccain make a speech before but watching pbs i noticed he walks and talks like dr evil from austin powers. if only he was paler and bald.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxRok34 View Post
    the iraq war is raging as strong as ever, and now we're growling at russia again. all bush has done for foreign policy the last couple years is go to the olympics. and it's under democratic control that the oil prices skyrocketed out of control. the reason is simple; bush knows his time is short and is getting all the money he can, while he can. but still, the economy hasn't exactly become leaps and bounds better the last couple years
    Not entirely true. His entire foreign policy stance has changed since the end of the 2006 mid-terms. Aside from a little bit of sabre rattling at Iran we've seen envoys headed by Sec. of State Condaleeza Rice travel to many Eastern European and Middle Eastern nations to try and broker peace in the region.

And, Bush himself even has a stated intention of getting the Israelis and Palestinians together to work towards establishing an independent state of Palestine. That certainly wasn't something that he was going after when Rumsfeld was Sec. of Defense and Cheney was taking more of an active role in foreign policy issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin2007 View Post
    You know the Republicans...just tell a bunch of narrow minded people that Obama is a terrorist or he wants higher gas prices, and voila, you get votes.
    I just want to thank the dear Lord that we have open-minded, totally non-judgemental, fair, and non-hysterical liberals to let us dumb, misguided, hateful, evil McCain leaners know just how dumb we are.

God knows I am embarrassed that I might consider an experienced public servant, war-hero, moderate thinker and advantage over um...um...oh that;s right...change. How can I not pick change? Change is good. Change is necessary. Please do not look anywhere beyond change. Please do not ask who I am, just focus on who I am not.

Oh and hope. There is hope as well. Never forget about hope.

Thank you for letting me know what an idiot I am. I will lock myself in my room and whisper "hope" and "change" to myself until I lose this diseased thought that McCain just might be the better choice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    Um ... Dems didn't take control until 2006 in Congress. And, even then, there is only a majority in the Senate if you count Lieberman as a Dem.

And, the Dems actually lost two seats in 2004 in the House, and the GOP had a 232 - 202 majority coming out of that election.
    What?

I have seen spin, and I have seen lunacy, and then there is this.

What is the point? That several years ago the Ds were not in majority? So what? Bet my butt that if every street is not paved with gold and every country i not at peace 38 seconds after McCain is sworn in you will start talking about what a failure his administration is.

Fact of the matter is that the Ds have been in control of Congress for several years and now Congress enjoys a significantly lower approval rating than they did when the Rs were running things and than even the root of all evil GW himself.

I am no staunch R, but these kinds of ludicrous spins just give me a screaming headache.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastside Scott View Post
    I just want to thank the dear Lord that we have open-minded, totally non-judgemental, fair, and non-hysterical liberals to let us dumb, misguided, hateful, evil McCain leaners know just how dumb we are.

God knows I am embarrassed that I might consider an experienced public servant, war-hero, moderate thinker and advantage over um...um...oh that;s right...change. How can I not pick change? Change is good. Change is necessary. Please do not look anywhere beyond change. Please do not ask who I am, just focus on who I am not.

Thank you for letting me know what an idiot I am. I will lock myself in my room and whisper "hope" and "change" to myself until I lose this diseased thought that McCain just might be the better choice.

vCash

I was laughing for 5 minutes of the patheticness of that post.

I just want to thank the lord that I can vote for a semi decent man who can lead this country and has the right ideas in mind. I mean, who would want to vote for another 4 years of Bush. Another 4 years of continuous casualties in Iraq. Another 4 years of living hell in Iraq. Another 4 years of the possibility that my brother's life could be taken in Iraq. Another 4 years of failure in the Oval Office. Another 4 years of a declining economy. Another 4 years of high gas prices. Another 4 years of high food prices. Must I go on?

Last edited by yaowowrocket11; 08-20-2008 at 10:51 PM.

vCash
    What?

I have seen spin, and I have seen lunacy, and then there is this.

What is the point? That several years ago the Ds were not in majority? So what? Bet my butt that if every street is not paved with gold and every country i not at peace 38 seconds after McCain is sworn in you will start talking about what a failure his administration is.

Fact of the matter is that the Ds have been in control of Congress for several years and now Congress enjoys a significantly lower approval rating than they did when the Rs were running things and than even the root of all evil GW himself.

I am no staunch R, but these kinds of ludicrous spins just give me a screaming headache.
    What on Earth are you talking about? Because I think that it's fairly obvious that you have no clue. How am I "spinning?"

All I did was present facts that the Congress has been held by the Dems for two years ... not four-plus as was earlier stated.

In 2006 in the US Senate, the Dems picked up five seats. Prior to the election the GOP held a 55 (R) - 44 (D) - 1 (I) advantage. Following the election, the total became 49 (R) - 49 (D) - 2 (I). Those two indies happen to caucus with the Dems, and one of them is Joe Lieberman. The Dems have enough to break a tie (if the two indies vote with them), but certainly nowhere near enough to overcome the filibuster.

In the US House, the Dems picked up 31 seats. Previously (following the 2004 elections) the GOP held the edge 232 (R) - 202 (D). After the 2006 mid-terms, the Dems gained the advantage to go ahead 233 (D)- 202 (R).

Look up those numbers if you don't believe me.

Note: 2006 was the first time in 12 years, since before the 1994 mid-terms that the Democrats held a majority in the House of Representatives.

So, tell me, genius, how the Democrats have "been in of Congress control for several years" prior to 2006.

Not anywhere in the post you quoted did I make mention of Bush or McCain.

And, if you're making reference to my previous post about the Bush administration foreign policy change since the mid-terms, then you're not paying attention. As soon as Rumsfeld resigned from Sec. of Defense and Gates came in, the entire attitude of how to deal with foreign policy concerning rogue nations (i.e. Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Israeli/Palestinian conflict) changed, and I applaud the change in attitude.

Pay Attention!
    Last edited by SmthBluCitrus; 08-20-2008 at 10:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaowowrocket11 View Post

I was laughing for 5 minutes of the patheticness of that post.

I just want to thank the lord that I can vote for a semi decent man who can lead this country and has the right ideas in mind. I mean, who would want to vote for another 4 years of Bush. Another 4 years of continuous casualties in Iraq. Another 4 years of living hell. Another 4 years of the possibility that my brother's life could be taken in Iraq. Another 4 years of failure in the Oval Office. Another 4 years of a declining economy. Another 4 years of high gas prices. Another 4 years of high food prices. Must I go on?

Thank you so much for putting me in my place. You coherently and intelligently articulated the many reasosn that you feel one should vote for Obama. Allow me to paraphrase:

1. He is a semi-decent man
    2. He is not Bush
    3. He is not Bush
    4. He is not Bush
    5. He is not Bush
    6. He is not Bush
    7. He is not Bush

I stand corrected, sorry about that.

vCash
    Thank you so much for putting me in my place. You coherently and intelligently articulated the many reasosn that you feel one should vote for Obama. Allow me to paraphrase:

2. He is not Bush
    3. He is not Bush
    4. He is not Bush
    5. He is not Bush
    6. He is not Bush
    7. He is not Bush

You forgot to mention he is not John McCain which is the reason why I and many others am not voting for that sheep in wolfs cloathing (meaning he's allot like G.W. Bush).

vCash

2. He is not Bush
    3. He is not Bush
    4. He is not Bush
    5. He is not Bush
    6. He is not Bush
    7. He is not Bush

Hmmmmm...... so a man with almost identical views who voted like Bush 95% of the time in Amendment and law voting is not a Bush clone? Please care to explain!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaowowrocket11 View Post
    Another 4 years of living hell. :
    wow, you obviosly have never been outside the united states. Be happy for what you have, you still live in the best nation in the world
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast